+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Should he go?

Our Labour MP who was pretty useless anyway got the boot in the last General Election and was replaced by a Tory.

No point whatsoever in me writing to a Tory, they have my card marked!

POLICEMAN ; "Have you been drinking Sir?"

CUMMINGS ; "Yes officer. I was just testing to see if I am too p1ssed to drive"

After all the kerfuffle ---has he gone yet?

All the people creating the big fuss, and there are millions, should do the same as you 59_60 and write to their MP and the PM and vent their feelings, after all, when you watch programmes on TV they are always asking people to let them know what they think.
    With modern communications as they are, everyone has the opportunity to actually do something constructive by contacting their well-paid MPs and let them do some work because, let's face it, if every dissenter contacted their MP it would give him added weight when he can say that thousands of his constituents contacted him to say that Cummings should resign etc., etc.
    The problem is that many put stuff on social media, voice their opinions here, there and everywhere, however, they do not contact the people who they have voted into a position to represent them. Sad isn't it?

Certainly is Super. That is exactly why they were elected in the first place.

But...I have not had a response from anyone as yet. I didn't expect one from the PM but my MP should be expected to at least acknowledge my message. Unless he has been swamped by messages...

At the moment they are safe in the knowledge that they have at least another four years before the next election, and perhaps engaging with the residents is not very high on their list of priorities?

Your MP has possibly gone away on holiday because the House is in recess until 2 June 2020.
    Possibly driven to Durham to scrutinise the Cummings Trail which, I believe takes in the wonderful town of Barnard Castle with all its attractions.
    The picturesque route from Morecambe would be to make his way to the M6 and then head north until Junction 38 when he needs to take the A685 heading towards Brough. He will then pass through Kirkby Stephen and then arrive at Brough where he needs to take the A66 heading east. After 13 miles he takes the A67 to Barnard Castle. Once he arrived there he can keep heading north east and take one of a few roads to eventually arrive in Durham. It is a lovely drive which I have done several times over the years.

It's odd to discover that since Cummings has been nabbed, the lockdown is easing very quickly.

You wear more hats BT than a hat maker.

After all the kerfuffle ---has he gone yet?

I asked that question two days ago ---what's the latest news?
    I am truly surprised that nobody has started a petition to ask for the return of the death penalty. I'm sure that many people think that he has committed treason!

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    You wear more hats BT than a hat maker.
    I'm fluid, flexible and pragmatic army88, it's a pity most of our politicians do not share the same trait.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)