+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should he go?

Where do you start?

He decided to chuck his wife and 4 year old son in a car and go for a 54 mile drive to "test his eyesight"???
    If true, then that is bloody outright dangerous.

His wife rang him to say that she was not well and probably had the virus. So he went home (good decision). But...then, instead of self isolating with her, he went back to work??? Perhaps it was him who passed it on to Boris?

Plenty more holes in his story as well, as you must realise if you had listened to him.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Where do you start?

He decided to chuck his wife and 4 year old son in a car and go for a 54 mile drive to "test his eyesight"???
    If true, then that is bloody outright dangerous.

His wife rang him to say that she was not well and probably had the virus. So he went home (good decision). But...then, instead of self isolating with her, he went back to work??? Perhaps it was him who passed it on to Boris?

Plenty more holes in his story as well, as you must realise if you had listened to him.
    Ok then 59_60 and BT ---all your thoughts, both not happy so what are you going to do about it?
    I don't mean talking ---I mean -- just what are you going to do about Dominic Cummings, Stephen Kinnock, Tahir Ali etc., etc?

What am I going to do?

Well, as you probably know, I am an active Lib Dem and we will be working together to try and convince the voters that this Government is woeful and at the next election they should vote for a party who share their beliefs.

If you think we are shooting at the moon then remember, if no one could be arsed to try to make a difference then nothing would ever change.

I believe we should demand better from our Government. I realise that you are in no way political and whoever is in power makes no difference to you, but some of us are genuinely trying to improve things.

The more this story circulates the nastier it gets.

The Tory spin machine is actually making things worse, they are treating the electorate of the United Kingdom with contempt.

The only benefit is the lockdown will be eased, they can hardly do anything else now or it really will be one rule for the elite and a different one for the rest of us.

I well recall Dianne Abbott having to make a public apology for quaffing a can of Mojito on a train. I'm afraid Dom's position is now untenable - time to do the decent thing and resign I think.

I can't sleep. My vision is blurred and Specsavers are shut. I'm just going to drop the hood on the MGF and go for a drive to Blackpool to test my vision. I'll happily pick you up on the way.

I respect those that have that ''get up and go energy!''A drive not so far ,but depends where you are ,could it be you spent the night up in Tyneside looking around ,old memory's?? Then you could be in Bolton?But long sighted or short sighted,don't forget to apply ''essuie-glaces en cas de pluie'', the weather ??? ( I thought nobody picked people up these days?)

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    I respect those that have that ''get up and go energy!''A drive not so far ,but depends where you are ,could it be you spent the night up in Tyneside looking around ,old memory's?? Then you could be in Bolton?But long sighted or short sighted,don't forget to apply ''essuie-glaces en cas de pluie'', the weather ??? ( I thought nobody picked people up these days?)
    It was a sarcastic response to Dominic Cummings' assertion that he drove from Durham to Barnard Castle during the "lockdown" to test his eyesight, while taking his wife and child with him. I would happily pick you up on the way though Balan, we could nip on to Morecambe and check out 59er's whale vomit.

You miss out on so much while residing in Israel surrounded by terrorists!

59_60 and BT ---I am most disappointed in your responses.
    Surely you should both be making representation to your respective MPs, writing letters to the PM and Dominic Cummings and telling them what they should do, after all, there are obviously millions of dissenters out there, aided by the national and international media, who should all be making representation to ensure that something is done to appease their anger.

Or do you secretly believe that this would be a waste of time and effort because it would make no difference? Be careful with this because you would be coming round to my way of thinking that they do as they wish and only tell us what they want us to know ----and that is not just one party ---it applies to them all!

The laugh yesterday was Nicola Sturgeon saying that BJ was doing something because it suited his politics. Pat and kettle spring to mind!

Super, I DID email the PM, my MP (Tory) and also Durham police. I also added my support to the Lib Dem response.

It was interesting that yesterday, after Durham police announced that they would be investigating Dom's movements, he decided to come clean and tell us the "real story". Up to then reports of him being seen in Barnard Castle were being rubbished.

Plenty of Tory MP's and supporters want him gone, so it is not a left wing plot. A Cabinet Minister has resigned this morning. The Daily Mail is after his resignation too.

I completely respect that you have no interest in all this, but please understand that most people ARE interested.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)