+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should he go?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Right let's play a little game of hypothetical.

Imagine your boss with whom you are in daily contact gets whizzed off to ICU with COVID-19.

You have a wife and child living in London and you are also feeling a bit unwell.

Would you hit the panic button and head off to a relatively safe haven in Durham where your child could be looked after if you end and your wife up like your boss in ICU with COVID-19?

Damned right I would. Let's cut the dude a bit of slack here please guys?
    Thank god BT , and we don’t always agree but you are right on the money with that , sometimes you just have to see past politics and accept humanity , let love and family prevail.

The media sh-it storm is at tornado strength this morning army88, even Blow Job is at risk now. It will be interesting to see how this one unfolds?

The media sh-it storm is at tornado strength this morning army88, even Blow Job is at risk now. It will be interesting to see how this one unfolds?
    Interesting how the media observed social distancing BT outside Cummings house this morning , even the church is involved now, I find it sickening that this takes centre stage,

They must be absolutely desperate for stories at the minute

If they get rid of Cummings and Boris for this I will not vote again, I’ll have no interest in it and won’t comment again.

The problem was 59er the police could not legally enforce the "instruction". Perhaps Dom knew that?
    You are probably right BT, which makes it worse.

Millions of us (including all of us) have reluctantly obeyed the Governments instructions.

Some people haven't seen their Wives, Mums, Dads, kids for months. But these are the Governments instructions.

Many , many people found themselves in worse situations than Cummings but they didn't jump in a car with a child and an infected person who were locked up for hours while driving 260 miles to potentially leave their child with his grand parents. Once you had symptoms you were supposed to self isolate and keep away from the rest of your family and certainly not go out.

The arguments in defence of Cummings could be used in countless other cases, but all these people didn't behave like he did, and you have to remember that he is Boris's right hand man who helped to produce the "instructions".

People have been unable to see their loved ones in hospitals, some have been unable to say goodbye. It's been incredibly hard for countless people. But following Boris's statement yesterday it now appears that he is saying that the instructions that he gave to the nation were not true.

Not being a fan of the Tories, a part of me is glad that he is still in post. Public support for the Tories is now tanking and they are beginning to realise that what people like me have been saying is correct - you can always tell when Boris and Cummings are lying because their mouths are moving.

https://www.markpack.org.uk/161403/t...ical-scandals/

"Chances are, you’ve often had friends or relatives give you advice by telling you to follow your instincts.

And then we had the Prime Minister today saying the behaviour of his closest aide is all okay, because he was following his instincts.

But please, don’t.

Don’t follow your instincts to want to meet up with a group of friends.

Don’t follow your instincts to want to hug family.

Don’t follow your instincts to meet up with another family so your children can play with their best friends.

Don’t follow your instincts to want to attend a funeral.

If following our instincts was all we needed, we wouldn’t have had to introduce widespread quarantine rules.

If following our instincts was all that we needed, we wouldn’t have needed a massive publicity campaign.

If following our instincts was all that we needed, we wouldn’t have had to give the police and others sweeping new powers, unprecedented in peacetime – and even pretty rare in wartime.

It’s precisely because so many lives depend on it, that we need not to follow our instincts.

So please, be better than the Prime Minister. Be better than his top advisor.

Don’t follow your instincts.

Do follow the health advice.

And be a life-saver, not an excuse maker.

Good luck to each and every member of the police and other public services trying to get people to obey public health guidelines now."

What a stuttering ,lying ,conniving Cnut he is,he's a bigger liar than Tom Peper and should have a nose bigger than Pinnochio's ..lol

an absolute pliss take....but what this latest cumdinger proves, beyond any doubt - is that we're being directed by a bunch of peurile cnuts - thats who's running this shower of shlit - Clowns.....they couldn't make it any more obvious...and whats just as bad, is that folk take this Circus show - Seriously !?!

Anyone gullible enough to swallow what he said?

https://www.markpack.org.uk/161409/s...inic-cummings/

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Anyone gullible enough to swallow what he said?

https://www.markpack.org.uk/161409/s...inic-cummings/
    You lot do enjoy wasting your time listening to all the crap being spouted every day by politicians of all persuasion, advisers, experts, those who think that they are experts and could do a better job than everyone etc., etc.

It has always been the same with 'us' and 'them' and it will never change.
    All this about Cummings will have no effect on myself and my family so it is of no concern.
    It isn't like he is telling lies about WMD, which did have an effect on my family because it sent my son to war and cost many lives ----for what?

This is just the media doing its best to have an influence, aided by the left and anyone else who wants to jump on the bandwagon, because many of them had their noses put out of joint with Brexit and the Gerneral Election. If he resigns, which he won't, someone else will step into his shoes, life will go on in one way or another and many more people will have problems because they have worried themselves into a real state about something over which they have no control whatsoever.
    Never mind they can go and fill a few beds in the Nightingale Hospitals because there is plenty of room.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    You lot do enjoy wasting your time listening to all the crap being spouted every day by politicians of all persuasion, advisers, experts, those who think that they are experts and could do a better job than everyone etc., etc.

It has always been the same with 'us' and 'them' and it will never change.
    All this about Cummings will have no effect on myself and my family so it is of no concern.
    It isn't like he is telling lies about WMD, which did have an effect on my family because it sent my son to war and cost many lives ----for what?

This is just the media doing its best to have an influence, aided by the left and anyone else who wants to jump on the bandwagon, because many of them had their noses put out of joint with Brexit and the Gerneral Election. If he resigns, which he won't, someone else will step into his shoes, life will go on in one way or another and many more people will have problems because they have worried themselves into a real state about something over which they have no control whatsoever.
    Never mind they can go and fill a few beds in the Nightingale Hospitals because there is plenty of room.
    It does impact us though Supersub6. One rule or us and another one for the bourgeoisie. We are being played for fools and it does not sit easily with me. IF Dom had symptoms he should have stayed in London, HIS rules were clear.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)