+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should he go?

Should he go?

Dominic Cummings that is.

Do you think the lockdown rules at the time applied to everyone, or should we allow certain people, who are key to the running of the country, more leeway?

Apparently, he was seen walking in woods 25 miles from where he was supposed to be self isolating (did you see him Super? )

Also reports (denied) that after his self isolation he returned to London...but then a few days later he was back in Durham.

And surely Boris and the Government must have been aware of his whereabouts during all this?

Yes, he should ..

End of thread!

Will it really affect me if he stays or if he goes? Definitely not, therefore, I shall not waste energy with this because I already know that so many people are worrying about this man and his job.
    Like all before him in similar positions he will either go, of his own free will, be pushed by others or, perhaps if he has upset the apple cart too much, he could end up like Doctor Kelly or Gareth Williams.
    Whatever happens will not affect me at all, so rock on Dominic!

The government imposed "guidelines", nothing more, nothing less. He did what he felt he had to do to maintain the integrity of his family. I cannot stand the fu-ckwit, but making political gain out of a serious domestic issue (for him) is just not on.

If he genuinely felt the best place to self-isolate was in Durham, fair play to him. I also assume he was in full panic mode because his boss was hospitalised and he reckoned London was not the best place for him.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because he had to put the best interests of his wife and son first. The long knives are out though in the Tory party and we all know what a nasty set of barstewards this lot are. He won't make Wednesday.

If he was an advocate for the Left wing politics, do you think you would have even been told about this story?? It's a culture war; Freedom vs Cultural Marxism via Progressive politics. The media selectively report, very often it what they don't tell you that is damming and critical. They (most not all) have an agenda and its not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    If he was an advocate for the Left wing politics, do you think you would have even been told about this story?? It's a culture war; Freedom vs Cultural Marxism via Progressive politics. The media selectively report, very often it what they don't tell you that is damming and critical. They (most not all) have an agenda and its not good.
    I have no idea Dave what "Freedom vs Cultural Marxism via Progressive politics" is all about. All I do know is a man with a family decided on what he thought was best for him and his family. Whatever happened to a bit of "kindness and Christian fellowship?"

If it's some sort of left-wing attack on the bloke (which I don't think it is), why are so many Tory MP's after his blood?

It seems pretty clear to me what the rules were.

We were told that "This is not a request, it is an instruction"

And these rules were from the Government, not the left wing press.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ay-from-others

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    It seems pretty clear to me what the rules were.

We were told that "This is not a request, it is an instruction"

And these rules were from the Government, not the left wing press.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ay-from-others
    The problem was 59er the police could not legally enforce the "instruction". Perhaps Dom knew that?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Dominic Cummings that is.

Do you think the lockdown rules at the time applied to everyone, or should we allow certain people, who are key to the running of the country, more leeway?

Apparently, he was seen walking in woods 25 miles from where he was supposed to be self isolating (did you see him Super? )

Also reports (denied) that after his self isolation he returned to London...but then a few days later he was back in Durham.

And surely Boris and the Government must have been aware of his whereabouts during all this?
    Please please please get a grip on what your saying not just media B s —it , haven’t got the full facts but are you telling me 59 you wouldn’t have put your child with special needs and your family first in the same- similar situation.

There was obviously an issue and personal information for the child which Boris didn’t want to reveal to all and sundry but he was happy to accept the information available to him.

Personally I’m so sick to the back teeth of this propaganda and political rubbish.

I’ve posted before about the selfless selfish non caring attitude of the media and politicians in this fiasco , tonight when Boris took questions all any of the media wanted was blood and to de rail the Pm , meanwhile on the screen underneath his picture in the screen was the fact that another 118 died ( I think ) today not even a mention.

Just get rid of Cummings that was today’s agenda.

These people have lost the plot it really is absolute madness, and you continue to fuel the fire by adding your ridiculous backing to their selfless attitudes.

Right let's play a little game of hypothetical.

Imagine your boss with whom you are in daily contact gets whizzed off to ICU with COVID-19.

You have a wife and child living in London and you are also feeling a bit unwell.

Would you hit the panic button and head off to a relatively safe haven in Durham where your child could be looked after if you end and your wife up like your boss in ICU with COVID-19?

Damned right I would. Let's cut the dude a bit of slack here please guys?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)