+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Shearings

.....and not about your evening 'up' Tyneside please!

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    .....and BT tell me something better!!
    I still think Corbyn's mantra "For the Many not the Few" is the way forward Balan, but greed, selfishness and avarice get in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    Super: My friend! I am sorry, I do not have 1000 years in my body and mind. Because that is what it would take to convince the worlds leaders, to think as I am thinking. I want moralist and spiritual people!!!I will not find them in today's Governments. This packet is now for the young,but perhaps some 'old codgers' still have that flame of courage, fight and bravery,as they did when playing 'footy'many moons ago ?
    Balan--too many games of football and cricket mean that the fight and bravery have gone missing!
    Sadly, I am not spirtual, nor a moralist, therefore, I shall sit back and continue to enjoy life and leave all this effort to change things to the younger people. According to the holy book I am living on borrowed time anyway and you can add to that the fact that I don't do anger any more.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I still think Corbyn's mantra "For the Many not the Few" is the way forward Balan, but greed, selfishness and avarice get in the way.
    A mantra coming from a man who is worth over £3 million and who has taken more than that amount of money from the state during his 37 years as an MP and Labour Leader.
    His notable achievements have been .............? His legacy is ..........?
    Here I am in this modern world, never having earned more than £15000 per annum in 45 years of toil but drawing a couple of pensions because of my forward planning, and still paying tax to fund people like Corbyn and many others who live off the state.

People argue that there will be change, however, it will still be us and them, just as it was when my parents and grandparents were toiling away over the last two centuries!

I believe in the message, but sadly not the man, that's why I left the Labour Party after almost 50 years of membership.

"For the Many not the Few" ..... nice words B T : But that's all they are !Its like giving your son ,of course, when he was pre -****s,''

Lets say giving him a kite. Oh a nice gift ,how a kite can fly towards the sky It can also be made to dive ,in some countries they try to cut each others kites in some competition. But you hand him a gift ,the Kite......... But how to fly the kite ??

''For the many not the few'' ? Just to snap your hands and that's it? Empty words !
    The slogan
    “To secure for the workers by hand or by brain the full fruits of their industry and the most equitable distribution thereof that may be possible upon the basis of the common ownership of the means of production, distribution and exchange, and the best obtainable system of popular administration and control of each industry or service.””

'' the full fruits of their industry'' I do not know but I never saw my wage increase when I worked for Radio Rentals in Accy

''most equitable distribution there of that may be possible''. notice ''that may be possible?? Well, people want to know, yes or no?....??????

'' the common ownership of the means of production, distribution and exchange, Common ownership!,,,there is the problem, ''Ok I am just off for 30 mins ,you keep on working!! It does not work! There has to be added bonuses!! Oh! but. ''For the many not the few ?? Then...

''the best obtainable system of popular administration and control.'' Popular administration?? and control ??
    So off he drives down to London ,wines and dines at the best places ,some entertainment etc ??? But if he fails to get the contract ?? It does not matter he is in control ! Nobody can tell him whats right or wrong. So back to perks for the few not the many!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    The kibbutz (Hebrew word for “communal settlement”) is a unique rural community; a society dedicated to mutual aid and social justice; a socioeconomic system based on the principle of joint ownership of property, equality and cooperation of production, consumption and education; the fulfillment of the idea “from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs”; a home for those who have chosen it.
    Oh its like ''For the many not the few'' But for 70 years it worked. What about today? Oh no ,it has changed to a Capitalist system. To change back? ''No way !!!''

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...bbutz-movement

......(cont)

BT ---for someone who certainly has a big interest in politics and who was a big Labour supporter, I think that it is a great pity that you have been forced down the trail you have chosen.
    Modern politics stink!

......(cont)

The Conventional Kibbutz (Until the 1990s)
    'Overall communal household, Mutual responsibility Equal distribution of commodities and services, partly according to personal needs
    Today in most Kibbutzim,
    Privatization of Communal household. Limited mutual aid. Economic
    independence of individuals.

Work (Until the 1990s)
    Work place allocation based on collective needs and individual preferences.
    Kibbutz work institutions have decision-making authority
    Today
    Individual work place choice. Differential salaries based on labourmarket value or partial differential component

Ownership. (Until the 1990s)
    Communal and social.
    Today
    Privatization of ownership of consumption assets. Distribution of shares of economic assets.

Martin Buber (1949) presented the kibbutz fifty years ago as a "singular non-failure", in contrast to the failures of many attempts to develop communal societies in different parts of the world.
    Recently several scholars tried to explain this non-failure by special
    circumstances that existed in the past, but do not exist today. Y. Don
    (1996:17-26) states that the communal constitution of the kibbutz leads to
    "Intrinsically inefficient performance".
    This was not so in the past owing to the strong altruistic orientation of members. The weakening of this orientation is, in his opinion, the main reason for the decline of kibbutz economy since the mid-1980s.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    BT ---for someone who certainly has a big interest in politics and who was a big Labour supporter, I think that it is a great pity that you have been forced down the trail you have chosen.
    Modern politics stink!
    I felt totally at odds with what the Labour Party were and are still trying to do Supersub6. IMHO they no longer represent the working class, they are fragmented, rudderless and just do not seem to grasp the reality of the day.

I had personal "full-on" contact with almost a dozen Manchester based Labour MP's and the only one who had any credibility IMHO was Rebecca Long Bailey. Starmer has now scuppered her dead quick. It's a mess, but it's no longer my mess.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I felt totally at odds with what the Labour Party were and are still trying to do Supersub6. IMHO they no longer represent the working class, they are fragmented, rudderless and just do not seem to grasp the reality of the day.

I had personal "full-on" contact with almost a dozen Manchester based Labour MP's and the only one who had any credibility IMHO was Rebecca Long Bailey. Starmer has now scuppered her dead quick. It's a mess, but it's no longer my mess.
    It really shows just what a mess the political scene is in the UK. There are far too many career politicians who have progressed to become MPs by way of school, university --studying law or whatever followed by little else. Their experience of working people and the hardships that many of the population endure is almost zilch. They pay lip service to this, that and the other, however, in the main, they have no substance because all they are interested in is what they can get out of the job, look at the expense scandal for instance.
    We all like to pick up the odd perk, however, it appears to me that many are just driven by greed and we are paying for it!

I honestly don't see how the country will recover from the events of the last few years with Brexit and the virus because we are drastically short of leaders who need to take the situation by the scruff of the neck and make things work.
    As you know, I am the eternal optimist, however, that is my take on things, however, it will not drag me down!

How is the job going?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)