+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shearings

Shearings

Very sad news.Normally during the summer months on a trip to the south coast you would see lots of their coaches on the Motorway or in the Service Stations.When this is all over their coaches will still be there and the demand will return.I think a lot of billionaires and Hedge Funds will be picking up some businesses very cheaply.Expect to see these coaches running again next year under their new name.Shame.Just hope most of their employees get re-employed.

Shearings have shut their lovely old hotel in Hunstanton,such a shame after 500,000 quid had been spent on refurbishing it a few years ago. Hopefully somebody else will take it over.. It you want to see the best sunsets in England,Hunstanton in Norfolk has them..

I take issue with your best sunset nomination Alf.

The ones we have here in Morecambe are the best I've ever seen.

The Bay Strathmore Hotel in Morecambe has also gone bump due to Shearings.

Like you say, hopefully it will reopen in the near future with new owners along with the other casualties.

I can't agree with you 59/60. Hunstanton is built on red clay cliffs and the reflection off them when the sun is setting gives off a special kind of colour lightning the sky up.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I can't agree with you 59/60. Hunstanton is built on red clay cliffs and the reflection off them when the sun is setting gives off a special kind of colour lightning the sky up.
    I'm with you on this one Alf. In between divorces I was going out with a lass from Bury St Edmunds and we went to Hunstanton several times for the weekend. One of my all time favourites and the Hunstanton sunsets are not bad too!

Haven't been to that one but the dining room in the Portland Heights Hotel overlooking Weymouth,Chesil beach and the Olympic sailing venue of Portland harbour is fantastic.Jurassic coast in the background and always a couple of kestrels around looking for their supper.

My father-in-law is gutted! He has been going on holiday once or twice a year with Shearings for the last thirty years. I never realised the group owned so many hotels. This Covid malarkey is taking a serious toll on our hospitality sector. I think it's time to risk it and reinvigorate the economy. Any takers?

I'm glad it's not my decision BT, and I'll bet Boris etc wished that it wasn't theirs either. But it is.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I'm glad it's not my decision BT, and I'll bet Boris etc wished that it wasn't theirs either. But it is.
    Far, far too many businesses are going to the wall 59er. I don't think he has much choice any more do you? Don't forget these distressed business owners are the Tory party life support machine?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Far, far too many businesses are going to the wall 59er. I don't think he has much choice any more do you? Don't forget these distressed business owners are the Tory party life support machine?
    Come on BT, you know as well as I do that the Unions will see this as a great opportunity to put the boot in, no matter what the government decide. Look at the fuss with the teachers for starters.

Boris may try to get business rolling again but the unions will be telling everybody that it is not safe and that they should not return to work etc., etc.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)