+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shearings

Frankly, I don't want to play Russian Roulette with my grandkids Supersub6. Adults can decide for themselves, kids can't.

And WTF have Trade Unions got to do with this, other than to ensure their members work in the safest environment possible?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Frankly, I don't want to play Russian Roulette with my grandkids Supersub6. Adults can decide for themselves, kids can't.

And WTF have Trade Unions got to do with this, other than to ensure their members work in the safest environment possible?
    Hold on a minute BT. When all this kicked off you were insistent that everything was a big con job and that it was all manipulation by the world's governments.
    This being the case, why are you worried about playing Russian Roulette with your grandkids ----there is nothing wrong, there is no virus according to your reckoning, therefore, everybody should just return to normal ----whatever that was.

The teaching Trade Unions have been kicking up, however, they have nothing to worry about because the virus does not exist ---they really should have a word with you so that they can adopt a positive attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Hold on a minute BT. When all this kicked off you were insistent that everything was a big con job and that it was all manipulation by the world's governments.
    This being the case, why are you worried about playing Russian Roulette with your grandkids ----there is nothing wrong, there is no virus according to your reckoning, therefore, everybody should just return to normal ----whatever that was.

The teaching Trade Unions have been kicking up, however, they have nothing to worry about because the virus does not exist ---they really should have a word with you so that they can adopt a positive attitude.
    Youve flummexed him now Ashy.. Lol

Not flummoxed at all Alf.

When this corona virus malarkey hit the news in November (remember map broke the news on here) our government failed to respond until mid February.

Hysteria, panic and fear created mayhem in our own backyard. Toilet roll panic and food hoarding ensued. The more laid back dudes like me questioned the need for this hysteria about a virus that has about the same mortality rate of influenza epidemics.

We now know the vulnerable with underlying health issues are likely to die if they contact the virus. Medical reports coming in from global health practitioners now know the lungs become like cement and the consequence is the patient's ***** organs close down because of severe respiratory problems.

It is still not clear why some healthy individuals have contracted and died from the COVID-19 virus. That is why our teachers are reluctant to reopen schools and place crazy social distancing rules on our four year kids and grandkids. You play Russian Roulette with your grandkids Supersub6, I'm damned sure they won't be playing it with mine!

Bt --one question which I will ask --how is it that young kids in China, Denmark, France etc. are back in school, are obeying social distancing rules, are being helped in all this by teachers and a positive attitude from those involved, however, this will be impossible in England because the social distancing rules are crazy?
    The overall attitude in the UK these days is that it isn't possible to do this, that or the other and this is why Brexit ended up in the mess it did.
    Everything revolves around a negative attitude, yet, when they wanted stuff distributing, tests carried out etc. they ask the armed forces to help and it gets done ---why? ---because they have a positive attitude to achieve things and also the discipline required to ensure that it gets done with the minimum of hassle.
    Having said that, many teachers have been involved in looking after the children of key workers and made it work and well done to them.

I'd used Shearings many moons ago, I'd forgotten about them when just before the lock down I was on the phone to Rammy and he said to give them a try as I wanted to get away for a few long weekend breaks when the majority of the work was going to be done at our Bungalow, far too late now

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Bt --one question which I will ask --how is it that young kids in China, Denmark, France etc. are back in school, are obeying social distancing rules, are being helped in all this by teachers and a positive attitude from those involved, however, this will be impossible in England because the social distancing rules are crazy?
    The overall attitude in the UK these days is that it isn't possible to do this, that or the other and this is why Brexit ended up in the mess it did.
    Everything revolves around a negative attitude, yet, when they wanted stuff distributing, tests carried out etc. they ask the armed forces to help and it gets done ---why? ---because they have a positive attitude to achieve things and also the discipline required to ensure that it gets done with the minimum of hassle.
    Having said that, many teachers have been involved in looking after the children of key workers and made it work and well done to them.
    I have no idea what's going on in China, Denmark, France or anywhere else for that matter Supersub6. I have however read just what it's like to be put on a ventilator. After digesting that information, I think we can wait until September before we risk hitting our infants with a possible "Second Corona Virus Wave" don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I'd used Shearings many moons ago, I'd forgotten about them when just before the lock down I was on the phone to Rammy and he said to give them a try as I wanted to get away for a few long weekend breaks when the majority of the work was going to be done at our Bungalow, far too late now
    Nice to hear from you Alto. My father-in-law is in shock. He bloody loves going on holiday with Shearings. I just cannot comprehend how the UK hospitality sector can recover from this setback. Within a mile walk from my front door at least six pubs and restaurants have said "that's it, game over". Some very cheap businesses will be on the market soon!

''I just cannot comprehend how the UK hospitality sector can recover from this setback''.

Well many times you have given the impression'' we're phocked !!! I suggested once ''stand up comedy for you , I also thought 'Fortune telling' well, if your off to Blackpool,check it out!
    But I think you are puzzled,in comprehending the future, in that field of intuition?

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    ''I just cannot comprehend how the UK hospitality sector can recover from this setback''.

Well many times you have given the impression'' we're phocked !!! I suggested once ''stand up comedy for you , I also thought 'Fortune telling' well, if your off to Blackpool,check it out!
    But I think you are puzzled,in comprehending the future, in that field of intuition?
    Shearings were part of a large hotel and travel group Balan, I would have thought they might have survived this crisis. My father-in-law who knows them a lot better than me says they have or had about 70 hotels spread across the UK. That's a lot of jobs and businesses gone in one hit Balan.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)