+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T:- Terrifying managers of the past

O/T:- Terrifying managers of the past

Have to share this video. The late Jock Wallace, former marine and boss of Rangers and Leicester City screaming at a poor unfortunate Scottish TV reporter to get on with it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9Jmr151Wk8

He once pinned Gary Lineker up against the dressing room wall calling him an English so and so, his team were 2-0 up at HT and Lineker had scored both goals, he didn't score in the 2nd half because he was still shaking. He was told to report to Jock's office the next morning. Lineker didn't sleep a wink that night, convinced his career was over. Next morning Jock told Lineker "You were magnificent last night... I just wanted to keep your feet on the ground".
    Last edited by SwalePie; 24-05-2020 at 11:57 AM.

I was behind dugouts when Shaun Derry laid into 4th officials, pretty good vein bulging effort.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    He once pinned Gary Lineker up against the dressing room wall
    Jock Wallace goes up higher in my estimation for this action alone!

Someone near me once shouted something not very complimentary at Paul Ince, he turned and stared straight at me. Scared me sh1tless.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Jock Wallace goes up higher in my estimation for this action alone!
    It was actually the first game Lineker played after Jock arrived at Leicester, a reserve game. Think he was still only 18 and tiny at the time (he's admitted he only reached puberty at 17 and that was a massive hangup for him going into changing rooms).

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Someone near me once shouted something not very complimentary at Paul Ince, he turned and stared straight at me. Scared me sh1tless.
    Reminds me of Lee Dixon's story of playing at West Ham at Upton Park, where players were very close to the fans. Somebody was down injured and they were just stood around waiting, chap in the crowd was repeatedly shouting "Dixon! Dixon! you're a complete f*****g ***t". Eventually Dixon looks over, spots the guy stood with his young son and decides to challenge his use of language like that in front of a young kid. The fan replies "Oh, don't you worry about that, he thinks you're a complete f*****g ***t 'n all"

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Reminds me of Lee Dixon's story of playing at West Ham at Upton Park, where players were very close to the fans. Somebody was down injured and they were just stood around waiting, chap in the crowd was repeatedly shouting "Dixon! Dixon! you're a complete f*****g ***t". Eventually Dixon looks over, spots the guy stood with his young son and decides to challenge his use of language like that in front of a young kid. The fan replies "Oh, don't you worry about that, he thinks you're a complete f*****g ***t 'n all"
    Brilliant

I thought when I opened this thread it would be a list of managers who were at Notts that it is terrifying to think back to.

But that would probably have crashed the server, if not the whole internet

Quote Originally Posted by pingu_pie View Post
    I thought when I opened this thread it would be a list of managers who were at Notts that it is terrifying to think back to.

But that would probably have crashed the server, if not the whole internet
    That list does exist in print.