+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- "My Lad"

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Nearly 15 years ago, "my lad " joined me on a Notts County journey and I thought it would be fun to include him when posting on here. On another thread , Elite decided to use "my lad" against me , something I did not appricaite at all. If we have a future, I won't be using "my lad" in any future posts. Thank you for listening.
    Thanks for that update, this really makes a difference in my continued use of this forum. Much appricaited.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I wonder who you mean??
    Just a thought, but if he didn't keep starting these pointless topics mentioning me by name then I wouldn't have anything to respond to.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Just a thought, but if he didn't keep starting these pointless topics mentioning me by name then I wouldn't have anything to respond to.
    Not that you probably care, but you would go up in the estimations of a lot of posters if you just didn't respond to the goading including me and in time it would also mean that the posts would probably not occur. Which benefits the whole board!

Isn't it time this squabbling stopped? When you can't see the other person, it's much easier to take the argument further than anyone ever would in real life. There's a few posters on here who dislike me, some going back as far as the trust days; someone (no idea who as I really don't care) bought up me enjoying a goal at Torquay 10 years ago recently It really is of no consequence.

The sometimes heated debates on actual topics can be really interesting to get involved in if it's a subject that engages you. But sniping backwards and forwards for bloody ages is a bit dull isn't it. Elite, can be really funny, and Navy's posts can be interesting. Sometimes though it's like blokes endlessly taking their shirts off (why do men do that?) in preparation for a fight that never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Isn't it time this squabbling stopped? When you can't see the other person, it's much easier to take the argument further than anyone ever would in real life. There's a few posters on here who dislike me, some going back as far as the trust days; someone (no idea who as I really don't care) bought up me enjoying a goal at Torquay 10 years ago recently It really is of no consequence.

The sometimes heated debates on actual topics can be really interesting to get involved in if it's a subject that engages you. But sniping backwards and forwards for bloody ages is a bit dull isn't it. Elite, can be really funny, and Navy's posts can be interesting. Sometimes though it's like blokes endlessly taking their shirts off (why do men do that?) in preparation for a fight that never happens.
    I thought we'd miss Tricky but some have more than adequately made up for his absence.

The OP was directed directly at Elite, so he was right to respond. Navy didn't come back at him with anything much more than a shrug of the shoulders, so it should have been left at that.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    I get that navypie strongly dislikes me, what I don't get is why he is so desperate to get everyone else to dislike me as well. I'm sure everyone is perfectly capable of making their own mind up. In recent weeks he has started topics saying "Elite doesn't care about poor Cubans", "Elite exploits young girls", and now "Elite used my lad against me". Is there anyone who actually cares about topics like these or finds them interesting?
    I would be very surprised if there is.

I get that navypie strongly dislikes me, what I don't get is why he is so desperate to get everyone else to dislike me as well. I'm sure everyone is perfectly capable of making their own mind up. In recent weeks he has started topics saying "Elite doesn't care about poor Cubans", "Elite exploits young girls", and now "Elite used my lad against me". Is there anyone who actually cares about topics like these or finds them interesting?
    He's out of order, but I get the impression that he is struggling - which isn't an excuse - I'd just say it's probably not the best of course of action to goad him in return. Your first reply was very reasonable, he's effectively backed down, so I don't see the point of carrying it on.

I doubt anyone find them remotely interesting. Wasn't aware of the multiple threads - maybe they could be locked or removed¿ If perhaps we could all ignore them (guess I'm just as bad for keeping this one going by responding, thinking about it!) maybe it'll settle. There's are way too many squabbles on here. And a few who like to poke the ants nest to see what happens.

... " never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it" GBS

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast