+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Message to Notts fans from Neil Warnock...

Video Message to Notts fans from Neil Warnock...

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Filling up now, that was lovely.

Thank you Neil for everything.

Great man. Great football manager. Memories that last a lifetime.

Those two play-off finals are high on my list of memorable moments as a Notts supporter. I never thought I'd see Notts at Wembley in my lifetime, so that first visit in particular was surreal.

Neil Warnock's a bit like marmite. You love him or hate him. I love marmite and I've always had time for Neil. He turned down the Chelsea job and then got the sack at Notts, I seem to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Those two play-off finals are high on my list of memorable moments as a Notts supporter. I never thought I'd see Notts at Wembley in my lifetime, so that first visit in particular was surreal.

Neil Warnock's a bit like marmite. You love him or hate him. I love marmite and I've always had time for Neil. He turned down the Chelsea job and then got the sack at Notts, I seem to remember.
    He did, yes, but Chelsea with Ken Bates? No guarantee that combination wouldn't have damaged Neil's career more than it did being sacked by Notts. It worked out pretty well for him in the end. Not so for us, but as he says, we have the memories.

A real shame the relationship ended as it did, I think both he and Notts were a victim of our own success, we got promoted to the top flight too quickly. It's very hard for a club our size to pick themselves up again after climbing over the metaphorical school yard wall to play on the full sized senior school pitch, only to get pushed to the floor and kicked into touch by the big kids. We needed another season or two in the 2nd tier to grow up a bit, to be ready for that.

I've always wondered if we would have survived if we had kept Paul Rideout.

I really like Neil Warnock. Top manager imo.

How nice was that... a brilliant lower league manager who deserves all the plaudits he has ever been given, the way he speaks about Notts is heartwarming... will go down as one of our best ever managers... thank you for everything you did for this great club Mr Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I've always wondered if we would have survived if we had kept Paul Rideout.

I really like Neil Warnock. Top manager imo.
    We would have done. Great message from Warnock, and great times.

Don’t use this word lightly but he is a legend of Notts County he isn’t marmite to me like him and always will do.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    How nice was that... a brilliant lower league manager who deserves all the plaudits he has ever been given, the way he speaks about Notts is heartwarming... will go down as one of our best ever managers... thank you for everything you did for this great club Mr Warnock.
    He’s better than a brilliant lower league manager. He took several teams in to the top flight which is the only Division he seems to have struggled in during what has been a very good career. It’s hardly surprising that the top flight has always seemed a step too far given the clubs he managed in that League.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast