+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video Message to Notts fans from Neil Warnock...

Notts legend, my time watching his team as a lad was the best time as a Notts fan. I've been waiting for us to get back to that level ever since ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    If I do ever get another dog , I'm going to call it Neil. Unless it's a girl. The best time in my football supporting life was the Warnock years. And that includes seeing my home town reds winning the European Cup for the first time in Rome, aged 17!

What a time to be a Notts fan. The 70’s, 80’s and early 90’s were pretty awesome for me personally as a Notts fan and NW’s rein as manager played a big part in that.

Those days were just brilliant weren't they. That first Wembley play off final was the last match my Dad went to. It was bloody awful losing him so young, but remembering walking into Wembley Stadium together and then us winning made everything a bit more bearable.

Sorry, I didn't mean to go all soppy then, but football is very intertwined with our lives isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Those days were just brilliant weren't they. That first Wembley play off final was the last match my Dad went to. It was bloody awful losing him so young, but remembering walking into Wembley Stadium together and then us winning made everything a bit more bearable.

Sorry, I didn't mean to go all soppy then, but football is very intertwined with our lives isn't it.
    Top Man!

If playoffs go ahead & when (if) we make the final it'd be great to have NW as GoH.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12