+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I never thought that I would say this but.......

I never thought that I would say this but.......

...... I think that both Cummings and Boris should go. Cummings has obviously lied regarding his visit to Durham and when asked about this Boris completely failed to give an answer denying the accusations. The whole situation is undermining the credibility of the Tory Party at a time when the sole purpose of the government should be how best to deal with the Covid 19 crisis. His leadership throughout has been 'bungling' and lacking in decisiveness. In my opinion, too many mistakes have been made which have contributed to us having more deaths than the majority of other countries. The conclusion that we have to come to is that if Cummings is his chief adviser then many of these decisions would be with his advice or approval. I won't go into all them in detail as there are too many.

I write this as someone who is a Tory and until now, a big supporter of Boris. I had great faith in him and what he intended to achieve as leader of the party. Sadly, I feel that I have been let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    ...... I think that both Cummings and Boris should go. Cummings has obviously lied regarding his visit to Durham and when asked about this Boris completely failed to give an answer denying the accusations. The whole situation is undermining the credibility of the Tory Party at a time when the sole purpose of the government should be how best to deal with the Covid 19 crisis. His leadership throughout has been 'bungling' and lacking in decisiveness. In my opinion, too many mistakes have been made which have contributed to us having more deaths than the majority of other countries. The conclusion that we have to come to is that if Cummings is his chief adviser then many of these decisions would be with his advice or approval. I won't go into all them in detail as there are too many.

I write this as someone who is a Tory and until now, a big supporter of Boris. I had great faith in him and what he intended to achieve as leader of the party. Sadly, I feel that I have been let down.

I must say being a Boris supporter, I have been disappointed with him throughout this pandemic and everything handled too slowly - the opposite of Germany. Sticking up for Cummings yesterday was a huge mistake by Boris as scientists and surgeons are disgusted together with the majority of the general public. As one surgeon said this morning I quote ‘ I would have loved to have seen my mother since January but have been working flat out on the front line ‘.

I also know a father and 25 year old son who both died within a week and could not have close relatives at the funeral. How must they feel at Dominic Cummings who has not followed the rules he preached!!

Stopping short of saying Boris should go but he’s losing credibility fast!

PS - I may now act on instincts myself as opposed to following the rules!

PersonallyI can't stand the arrogance of Cummins but I have this observation to make

Why is it that most people were saying that the lockdown rules were vague and difficult to understand, but now everyone is suddenly a feckin expert on the rules?

Just saying

I'm no fan of the Tories, as everyone knows.

I think they've been terrible for 10 years, and one of the main reasons they've got away with it is because of the complete ineptitude of the opposition for the last 5 years.

They've lied throughout, particularly about Brexit. Boris talking about fatherhood and morality is quite unbelievable.

But last night really was a new low.

Because of how Boris is so concerned about his ratings and his PR, I really can't get my head around what he is doing.

He is effectively saying its more important to risk thousands of lives, in exchange for Cummings job as his adviser.

I always thought he would get found out for the blustering, lying charlatan he is but not by being this stupid. I had no idea he would expose himself like this, quite literally treating the public with such contempt in front of their faces. I really am shocked.

He's committing political suicide.

Really didn’t want to get involved in these threads, but why do leaders need an advisors in the first place? Plus if Cummings walked into your business in is trackies and asked for a job, you’d give it to him right? How this guy is so protected is beyond me. Wasn’t he sitting on the government SAGE group, just why?
    This isn’t a left or right thing, as I notice that a few posters have pointed this out. Surely within those on the right would understand that this is wrong and you’ve seen tory backbenchers today are also calling for his head. They probably don’t like the influence he’s having.

I think Cummings should go, if Boris does that he might just save ‘some’ credibility. About
    37000 odd people have gone due to this virus, that is how many funerals that happened or about to. How many families, how many friends and close would like to travel to pay respects and grieve but can’t because this idiot imposed the rules, or had a say in. Me personally, i have not seen my mother in over 8 months. Life is hard for all. He needs to go, it’s as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Really didn’t want to get involved in these threads, but why do leaders need an advisors in the first place? Plus if Cummings walked into your business in is trackies and asked for a job, you’d give it to him right? How this guy is so protected is beyond me. Wasn’t he sitting on the government SAGE group, just why?
    This isn’t a left or right thing, as I notice that a few posters have pointed this out. Surely within those on the right would understand that this is wrong and you’ve seen tory backbenchers today are also calling for his head. They probably don’t like the influence he’s having.

I think Cummings should go, if Boris does that he might just save ‘some’ credibility. About
    37000 odd people have gone due to this virus, that is how many funerals that happened or about to. How many families, how many friends and close would like to travel to pay respects and grieve but can’t because this idiot imposed the rules, or had a say in. Me personally, i have not seen my mother in over 8 months. Life is hard for all. He needs to go, it’s as simple as that.
    There is a rumour circulating that Cummings has something on Johnson that would be incredibly damaging.

It would explain a lot..

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post

Well said Regis! This is bang on!

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    There is a rumour circulating that Cummings has something on Johnson that would be incredibly damaging.

It would explain a lot..
    Bill ox, the bloke is seen as a Machiavellian genius akin to how Mandelson was for Labour.

He's essential to the buffoon Boris and that is why he won't be sacked, when he should he. Furthermore, I'd imagine everybody has got something on Johnson, and as Cameron showed in his interview not long ago he called him out as a opportunistic remainer.

There was a very good drama on channel 4 based on Cummins and his role in brexit and all the ideas they used came from him. He was played Dominic Cumberbatch.

Being a lovable rogue does not make Boris a great leader and his apparent over reliance on Cummings advice is also not healthy when trying to run the country when there will be lot's of other opinions offered, the real issue throughout the whole of this pandemic has been the mixed messages coming out from various different ministers during TV appearances. Boris could have saved a lot of credibility yesterday by at least admitting what Cummings did was morally wrong but done with the best interests intended instead he decided to commit parliamentary suicide by totally backing Cummings, if it is proved that Cummings was anywhere near Barnard Castle on April the 12th when everyone was told they weren't allowed to drive for exercise they will both have to go.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I'm no fan of the Tories, as everyone knows.

I think they've been terrible for 10 years, and one of the main reasons they've got away with it is because of the complete ineptitude of the opposition for the last 5 years.

They've lied throughout, particularly about Brexit. Boris talking about fatherhood and morality is quite unbelievable.

But last night really was a new low.

Because of how Boris is so concerned about his ratings and his PR, I really can't get my head around what he is doing.

He is effectively saying its more important to risk thousands of lives, in exchange for Cummings job as his adviser.

I always thought he would get found out for the blustering, lying charlatan he is but not by being this stupid. I had no idea he would expose himself like this, quite literally treating the public with such contempt in front of their faces. I really am shocked.

He's committing political suicide.
    He has a majority of 80, I believe. This time next year, there will be something else to moan about, a war, maybe, now that would take the heat off Cummings!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)