+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: OT Cummings Press Statement

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    After reading the police response to Cummings' indiscretion. I accepted it as that. What I still can't get my head round is that someone as, apparently, intelligent as he, would choose to do an eye test in a 60 mile round trip on the open road with his wife and 4 year old son in the car. Dangerous to him, his family and to every other road user.

If that isn't illegal, then I suggest it should become so ASAP. Shame we don't do retrospective Law changes.
    Its not so much the stretching of the rules - legally an indiscretion yes, but the fact he has a responsibility to behave as he has advised the government to tell us what to do - the fact he hasn't resigned shows he doesn't give a ****, yet this is the guy supposedly "on the side" of the "average person" yeah right, another jumped up **** who thinks rules don't apply to him.

As for the eye test story - its plainly lies! Because of course any intelligent person packs their wife and 4 year old child into a car and drives 60 miles if they are concerned about their eyesight! I mean its easy enough to test whether you can see clearly without driving! So he hasn't committed an offence because there was obviously nothing wrong with his eyesight to start with!

It is illegal to knowingly drive with impaired vision or any other impairment - ask the Duke of Edinburgh!! Another case of double standards as an ordinary member of the public would ahve had their licence withdrawn and possibly prosecuted! But of course there is no proff that Cummings actually did drive with impaired eyesight.

Not sure why your harping on about something that was a clear lie anyway - the blokes an untrustworthy ****, much like the bloke he supports as Prime Minister and to think supposedly sane people voted this shower in!!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Its not so much the stretching of the rules - legally an indiscretion yes, but the fact he has a responsibility to behave as he has advised the government to tell us what to do - the fact he hasn't resigned shows he doesn't give a ****, yet this is the guy supposedly "on the side" of the "average person" yeah right, another jumped up **** who thinks rules don't apply to him.

As for the eye test story - its plainly lies! Because of course any intelligent person packs their wife and 4 year old child into a car and drives 60 miles if they are concerned about their eyesight! I mean its easy enough to test whether you can see clearly without driving! So he hasn't committed an offence because there was obviously nothing wrong with his eyesight to start with!

It is illegal to knowingly drive with impaired vision or any other impairment - ask the Duke of Edinburgh!! Another case of double standards as an ordinary member of the public would ahve had their licence withdrawn and possibly prosecuted! But of course there is no proff that Cummings actually did drive with impaired eyesight.

Not sure why your harping on about something that was a clear lie anyway - the blokes an untrustworthy ****, much like the bloke he supports as Prime Minister and to think supposedly sane people voted this shower in!!
    According to today's paper Cummings has told Johnson to sack three ministers After number 10 ordered ministers to tweet their support of Cummings after he flouted lockdown rules The three being Liz Truss, Robert Buckland , and Priti Patel they are to go in the July reshuffle Cummings also wants Rees-Mogg out after his handling of the Commons vote Love it when you get what you voted for

Imo, the worry is why Johnson has protected Cummings and not sacked him.
    Again, imo, it is nothing to do with the Covid crisis, but is wholly to do with Brexit.
    Cummings is, and always has been, the ‘brains’ behind Brexit. Without his input Johnson will flounder.
    Obviously I think Brexit is a terrible idea, but that argument was lost in December...long before the pandemic.
    Given the subsequent state of the UK economy and the impact of Covid upon virtually all others throughout the World I think it is absolute folly to proceed with Brexit by the December 2020 deadline.
    Johnson however is too vain and narcissistic to allow a postponement and Cummings is the one to make things happen even if that means a ‘no deal’ Brexit which we were promised wouldn’t happen.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 07-06-2020 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Imo, the worry is why Johnson has protected Cummings and not sacked him.
    Again, imo, it is nothing to do with the Covid crisis, but is wholly to do with Brexit.
    Cummings is, and always has been, the ‘brains’ behind Brexit. Without his input Johnson will flounder.
    Obviously I think Brexit is a terrible idea, but that argument was lost in December...long before the pandemic.
    Given the subsequent state of the UK economy and the impact of Covid upon virtually all others throughout the World I think it is absolute folly to proceed with Brexit by the December 2020 deadline.
    Johnson however is too vain and narcissistic to allow a postponement and Cummings is the one to make things happen even if that means a ‘no deal’ Brexit which we were promised wouldn’t happen.
    RA it's looking more like no deal by the day Even Andrew Bailey the governor of the bank of England told all the banks to prepare for a no deal last week As if we don't have enough problems in the country I think this could really sink us if it happens

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA it's looking more like no deal by the day Even Andrew Bailey the governor of the bank of England told all the banks to prepare for a no deal last week As if we don't have enough problems in the country I think this could really sink us if it happens
    It could do, or we could just pay towards the 2 trillion corona bailout they need.
    Why do folks always look at it, as worst case scenario for us?
    Oh hang on a minute, this thread is about Cummings isn't it.

No deal isn't all bad even though the BBC will say different!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    No deal isn't all bad even though the BBC will say different!!
    Not just BBC anyone with a brain or anyone in business will tell you it will be disastrous Don't forget the Muppet in charge promised we wouldn't have one

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    It could do, or we could just pay towards the 2 trillion corona bailout they need.
    Why do folks always look at it, as worst case scenario for us?
    Oh hang on a minute, this thread is about Cummings isn't it.
    So who is going to pay for our bailout One thing is certain it won't be Cummings or Johnson will it

So who is going to pay for our bailout One thing is certain it won't be Cummings or Johnson will it
    Of course not. We will.
    But do you think it will be a good idea to piss money up the wall, bailing out 20+ countries that will never pay it back?
    O'yearh, that's sound economic policy.
    They have already tried to fleece us out of an extra 250 odd million. We sign that extension and kiss your recovery good bye.
    They need that deal more than us. They are on their arse.
    If you think Barnier is in the driving seat, then Rooney must have the head of hair of a sloth in your eyes mucker.

Not just BBC anyone with a brain or anyone in business will tell you it will be disastrous Don't forget the Muppet in charge promised we wouldn't have one
    Completely agree, mista...but then you’re one of the few on here who actually is ‘in business’.

The Dec 31st deadline was always considered too short a time frame by many experts.
    With most European governments being ‘consumed’ by the pandemic since February, and even our own catching on by mid March, and with no end - i.e. widely available and effective vaccine - imminently in sight, it seems insane to me to believe that the Brexit negotiations are likely to be anything other than a hurried and very damaging muddle.
    As for potential replacement trade deals with the USA...it seems they might be more than a little sidetracked by ongoing events too.

Almost as bad timing as one of Cummings’ ‘road trips’.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)