+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Cummings Press Statement

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    It made me laugh watching all the photographers and reporters all around Cummings demanding answers and not one of them social distancing! You couldn't make it up!
    The media are a disgrace. After Diannas death, they seemed to be mending their ways in all aspects. But it's fallen through the floor over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Doubt she would that pleased wasn't it Cummings idea to perogue parliament Just another of his brainless ideas
    That's all it was allegedly, "his idea" . Johnson perogued it, not him.
    Considering the fact that the morons in Parliament, couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery, was it such a bad idea?
    The electorate obviously agreed, as the showed in the resultant election.

I think any parent can get their head around the idea of someone "doing what's best for a child". Having said that, nobody involved has explained why the wife's sister, 2 miles down the road, apparently, wasn't a viable option..... and even that would have been against the government's instructions.

What I can't get my head round is someone who, on their own admission, had impaired vision would load his family into a car and drive "to see if he was safe to drive". That is dangerous to his family. That is dangerous to everybody else on the road. That is illegal and the police should talk to him at the very least and, preferably, charge him with dangerous driving or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I think any parent can get their head around the idea of someone "doing what's best for a child". Having said that, nobody involved has explained why the wife's sister, 2 miles down the road, apparently, wasn't a viable option..... and even that would have been against the government's instructions.

What I can't get my head round is someone who, on their own admission, had impaired vision would load his family into a car and drive "to see if he was safe to drive". That is dangerous to his family. That is dangerous to everybody else on the road. That is illegal and the police should talk to him at the very least and, preferably, charge him with dangerous driving or similar.
    It stinks, MA. I don’t believe a word of it...who, in their right mind, makes a 60 mile round trip to a local beauty spot - which is in the general direction of his journey home - to test his fitness to drive, and why couldn’t his wife have driven anyway?
    Still if the press aren’t investigative enough to ask such questions it’s no wonder the world is stuck with the leaders we’re lumbered with.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 26-05-2020 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    It stinks, MA. I don’t believe a word of it...who, in their right mind, makes a 60 mile round trip to a local beauty spot - which is in the general direction of his journey home - to test his fitness to drive, and why couldn’t his wife have driven anyway?
    Still if the press aren’t investigative enough to ask such questions it’s no wonder the world is stuck with the leaders we’re lumbered with.
    I agree, of course it stinks.
    The man is an idiot.

But I'll say it again. He isn't on his own is he?
    Kinnock/Ali/ Gething all are MP's that have been rumbled.
    Yet the hounding of one man is getting farcical now. Those reporters and rent a mob left, outside his house was farcical.
    So is this really all about breaking Corona, or the fact it is Cummings and some folk have an axe to grind?
    My money is on the latter, as all West minster goers would get this.

Fair point Tricky - some of those axe grinding folk are resident here too!

Whatever happens It has to be consistently applied, not based on popularity of the transgressor, yet no one has been booted out for transgressions have they? The Scottish health woman fell on her sword and the others simply cocked a snook at the rules and got away with it. In all those 3 past cases there was no "covid/heath risk" involved, but the trip was just a "jolly".

Even if we assume the entire "I thought I / she etc had covid" is a total lie, Cummings did no more wrong than the other birthday and holiday home visitors.

But why spoil a good assault on a national hate figure by being consistent!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I agree, of course it stinks.
    The man is an idiot.

But I'll say it again. He isn't on his own is he?
    Kinnock/Ali/ Gething all are MP's that have been rumbled.
    Yet the hounding of one man is getting farcical now. Those reporters and rent a mob left, outside his house was farcical.
    So is this really all about breaking Corona, or the fact it is Cummings and some folk have an axe to grind?
    My money is on the latter, as all West minster goers would get this.
    Firstly, Tricky...the man clearly isn’t an ‘idiot’. He’s extremely bright, though imo totally misguided, and he’s just run circles around the nation’s press and left the PM looking like an ‘idiot’.

Secondly...you seem, with your selective choice of wrongdoers, to be the only person making clear party political capital out of this.
    I’ll admit I don’t like the man or his politics and I’ll admit to believing that Johnson and at least half his Cabinet are unfit to govern but this matter transcends party politics.

So yes, part of me is happy to see them embarrassed, although I’d much prefer it if we’d seen effective, life saving leadership, but this is a case of the ‘rich man in his castle (Barnard Castle in this case) the poor man at his gate’ (and no further)...this is ‘one rule for me and another for you’...this is the rule makers being caught out as the rule breakers and that, imo, is the whole point.

Sadly for your analogy the Castle was, and still is, closed to the public, so he couldn't have been in it. He may have approached the gate though 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Firstly, Tricky...the man clearly isn’t an ‘idiot’. He’s extremely bright, though imo totally misguided, and he’s just run circles around the nation’s press and left the PM looking like an ‘idiot’.

Secondly...you seem, with your selective choice of wrongdoers, to be the only person making clear party political capital out of this.
    I’ll admit I don’t like the man or his politics and I’ll admit to believing that Johnson and at least half his Cabinet are unfit to govern but this matter transcends party politics.

So yes, part of me is happy to see them embarrassed, although I’d much prefer it if we’d seen effective, life saving leadership, but this is a case of the ‘rich man in his castle (Barnard Castle in this case) the poor man at his gate’ (and no further)...this is ‘one rule for me and another for you’...this is the rule makers being caught out as the rule breakers and that, imo, is the whole point.
    What a load of tosh.

How am I the only one making a political point out of this?

You/ the press/ the opposition are all banging on about it relentlessly, yet never once mentioning the others who have flouted the rules.
    Clearly it is you and others who are politically motivated by this.
    Cummings obviously has influenece in government that you don't agree with. That makes him a prime target for your disdain and you have repeatedly led a mob looking for blood.
    Personally, I don't give two hoots if he's sacked. But if he is, then I want all the others sacked as well.

All MP's are part of rule making and legislation. Or is that inconvinient to your case?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Sadly for your analogy the Castle was, and still is, closed to the public, so he couldn't have been in it. He may have approached the gate though ��
    Thanks oh pedantic one.

Nevertheless...he was ‘in’ Barnard Castle while others couldn’t leave their homes, which was my point.

I also found it interesting that yesterday he felt the need to make the point that he’d only visited the town and not the castle itself, as if this somehow vindicated him.
    ‘Well of course you didn’t...it was ****ing shut...even to you!’, I found myself shouting at the TV, but again the press were either too dumb (or pre-programmed) to pick up on it.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)