+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Cummings Press Statement

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    What a load of tosh.

How am I the only one making a political point out of this?

You/ the press/ the opposition are all banging on about it relentlessly, yet never once mentioning the others who have flouted the rules.
    Clearly it is you and others who are politically motivated by this.
    Cummings obviously has influenece in government that you don't agree with. That makes him a prime target for your disdain and you have repeatedly led a mob looking for blood.
    Personally, I don't give two hoots if he's sacked. But if he is, then I want all the others sacked as well.

All MP's are part of rule making and legislation. Or is that inconvinient to your case?
    That would all be fair if I hadn’t already acknowledged my political position and you hadn’t, very selectively, chosen to ignore the examples of Jenrick and Gove who are both MP’s and Cabinet members...and rule breakers.

As for me ‘looking for blood’, I think if you look back, I’ve said he’s embarrassed and discredited the government and that I don’t believe certain aspects of his account. You’re the one who has called him an ‘idiot’ who should be sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    That would all be fair if I hadn’t already acknowledged my political position and you hadn’t, very selectively, chosen to ignore the examples of Jenrick and Gove who are both MP’s and Cabinet members...and rule breakers.

As for me ‘looking for blood’, I think if you look back, I’ve said he’s embarrassed and discredited the government and that I don’t believe certain aspects of his account. You’re the one who has called him an ‘idiot’ who should be sacked.
    I have indeed.
    If he is the yard stick, then all of them should be sacked.
    So exactly how am I acknowleging my political position?
    You have been on an on about Cummings all the way through this. Why haven't you say singled out Ali, for attending a funeral with over 100 people and the police stood and watched?
    Two things there for you to comment on. The Corona massive breech and the police being selective in who they hound or dish out fines to.
    Farage got a knock on his front door from Kent police who had driven miles to "*******" him. Yet a funeral deserves no comment from them?

I see an undersecretary at the Scottish office (tory mp) has resigned office because of Cummings actions.

Interesting case of suicide by an attention seeker who no one had heard of before today 🙄

Or maybe a cover up opportunity for something he's done?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    You have been on an on about Cummings all the way through this. Why haven't you say singled out Ali, for attending a funeral with over 100 people and the police stood and watched?
    Erm...the thread is about ‘Cummings’ Press Statement’.

I don’t defend Ali attending a funeral with 100 other mourners. Seems ridiculous and equally wrong, but I don’t even know who Ali is...he certainly isn’t an ‘archtect’ of the rules that have been broken.

I knew little or nowt about Cummings until recently but based on last night I have taken something of a dislike towards the arrogant git and sense he has an over hyped opinion of himself. He is clearly very intelligent and believes he is the superior of all around him which if Bonso is the standard he almost certainly is! Obviously, he is the current PM and Boris is his dummy!
    I believe he should go but he obviously lacks the spinal content to go down that route. He doesn't even have the guts to apologise. I remember my beloved nana saying 'show me the man who apologises and I'll show you a real man, I don't want to know the other kind'! Says it all really.
    Having said all that, I want him to stay! Why?? Because a buffoon on a lead is bad enough but a buffoon without a lead....... god forbid!

[QUOTE=Trickytreesreds;39501202]That's all it was allegedly, "his idea" . Johnson perogued it, not him.
    Considering the fact that the morons in Parliament, couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery, was it such a bad idea?
    The electorate obviously agreed, as the showed in the resultant election.[/QUOTE

Johnson only does what his master tells him to It was a terrible idea hardly democratic is it If you can't get your own way shut it down .Send them home then when they come back sack the dissenters That's how it works in Russia ,so we shouldn't be surprised here Cummings learned that from

I don’t defend Ali attending a funeral with 100 other mourners. Seems ridiculous and equally wrong, but I don’t even know who Ali is...he certainly isn’t an ‘archtect’ of the rules that have been broken.
    Plays for Tottenham RA thought you would have known that

Tahir Ali, MP for Hall Green (where I used to live for 5 years in my youth) attended a funeral in Sutton amongst 100 others. You may wonder how close a relative he was of the deceased? The answer - none. Allegedly he also attended another funeral in Sandwell the same day - presumably again not as an even distant relative. Evidently he was gathering data to support his campaign for amending rules on funeral attendance!!

Assuming 100 at each funeral, then he may have come into contact with rather a lot of people - a walking R factor time bomb at a time (end March early April) when covid R rate was already growing rapidly.

You could understand it if he was a close family member or good friend of the deceased, but it seems he didnt even know either person. He said sorry and that was it. Contrast this with Cummings being pilloried for what seems a lesser crime, and it does appear like a witch hunt of a political nature

Why don't you? Didn't the Guardian cover it? I wonder why?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ngham-52154327

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Tahir Ali, MP for Hall Green (where I used to live for 5 years in my youth) attended a funeral in Sutton amongst 100 others. You may wonder how close a relative he was of the deceased? The answer - none. Allegedly he also attended another funeral in Sandwell the same day - presumably again not as an even distant relative. Evidently he was gathering data to support his campaign for amending rules on funeral attendance!!

Assuming 100 at each funeral, then he may have come into contact with rather a lot of people - a walking R factor time bomb at a time (end March early April) when covid R rate was already growing rapidly.

You could understand it if he was a close family member or good friend of the deceased, but it seems he didnt even know either person. He said sorry and that was it. Contrast this with Cummings being pilloried for what seems a lesser crime, and it does appear like a witch hunt of a political nature
    Just checked, his constituency is in south birmingham, he has two homes in east birmingham, sutton coldfield is nroth birmingham and sandwell is in the black country in north west of birmingham.

Assuming he went from home, its probably a 30 mile trip (Ram59 can no doubt give a better estimate).

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)