+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Cummings Press Statement

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Out of interest MA, are the Dutch like the Brits, as in do they totally ignore social distancing on beaches and parks and then trash the place by leaving tonnes of litter behind?
    We haven't seen the SD ignoring in anything like the numbers reported in the UK. Some litter, yes, but not of UK proportions thus far.

I'm not saying it won't but it hasn't so far.

Looking at how things were when I moved here 36 years ago, we would have seen the opposite of what we see today which is a surprise because the Dutch are a more individualistic lot than their UK couterparts. Weird stuff happening.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    We haven't seen the SD ignoring in anything like the numbers reported in the UK. Some litter, yes, but not of UK proportions thus far.

I'm not saying it won't but it hasn't so far.

Looking at how things were when I moved here 36 years ago, we would have seen the opposite of what we see today which is a surprise because the Dutch are a more individualistic lot than their UK couterparts. Weird stuff happening.
    Unfortunately MA, I think that your average Brit is a bit of a neanderthal. Going to other countries around the world you don't see such behaviour that seems to be the norm over here.

Just because Cummings went on his trip, which whilst unwise, didn't appear to put his family or others in danger of infection of covid, seems to be an excuse for others to crowd together putting their own lives at risk, nevermind others. Whilst crowding together, they seem to think that it's fine to leave all their litter on the floor where they've been.

They go on holiday abroad and embarrass us with their drunken yobbish behaviour. I've lost track of the number of local people who have ignored the lockdown. 3 times I've had to go out in the evening for urgent medical prescriptions over the last few weeks, each time I've seen a number of large groups of youths out together with no distancing, not having any thought for those at home.

I sometimes think that our high figures are partially down to the attitudes of a significant minority.

I also sometimes despair at the population of the country that we live in.

Unfortunately MA, I think that your average Brit is a bit of a neanderthal. Going to other countries around the world you don't see such behaviour that seems to be the norm over here.

Just because Cummings went on his trip, which whilst unwise, didn't appear to put his family or others in danger of infection of covid, seems to be an excuse for others to crowd together putting their own lives at risk, nevermind others. Whilst crowding together, they seem to think that it's fine to leave all their litter on the floor where they've been.

They go on holiday abroad and embarrass us with their drunken yobbish behaviour. I've lost track of the number of local people who have ignored the lockdown. 3 times I've had to go out in the evening for urgent medical prescriptions over the last few weeks, each time I've seen a number of large groups of youths out together with no distancing, not having any thought for those at home.

I sometimes think that our high figures are partially down to the attitudes of a significant minority.

I haven't seen it to that extent Ram, but that is probably because I live in a town rather than a large conurban area.

It seems to me that the denser the population is, the denser the population is

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Oh, for goodness sake, grow up GP. You picked an argument along the lines of , ‘ooh, RA used the ‘P’ word...that’s not allowed, I know I’ve been baiting him with teacher jibes for weeks, I’ll just make some more capital out of this and say he called Cummings a pae-do and call for his post to be deleted too’.

Only I didn’t do anything of the sort. I likened Cummings’ behaviour, in bringing discredit to the Government, to the impact that other wrongdoers have on their professions, pointing out that he is well paid to help, not hinder, the PM...and you had to take my comments out of context, choosing to ‘delete’ the last twenty eight (28!) words of the relevant paragraph in order to make it try and fit your ‘script’.

You were found out.
    I honestly don’t know what’s happened to you of late. You - more particularly your predecessor - used to be a good poster. If others such as MA, mac, mista, Andy, Ram, Swale (non angry version), Adi and others had picked me up on what I wrote I’d have been concerned...to be challenged by the likes of you and Tricky these days has become almost a badge of honour.

In the meantime think on this...you started the thread, you made the first damning comment...probably before the press conference had even finished, you produced the replica Cummings’ mask with appropriate caption and you have written today, ‘Rosie Duffield I admire for her resignation...That is how DC should have acted...and thus still maintained a shred of credibility, as indeed should the other transgressors...’.

So it’s okay for you to say that, but apparently if I say it it’s ‘demented’, a ‘loss of reason’ and a show of ‘vitriol’. What utter bollux!

Let me know when the real Parky/Ramjet has returned and I’ll take some notice again.
    Find yourself a massive crucifix and nail yourself to it please.
    Your obsession with being a martyr at times is getting boring now.
    You criticise, laugh at others, put your opinion on a pedastal. Yet the minute something comes back your way RA, you go off on one that's akin to a 5 year old on a stomp.

When you take the piss, just because you leave a after it, makes it all right.
    Sorry, but people in glass houses and all that. You accused GP of being my best mate the other day. Yet took offence to being called wing man and tail gunner.

I think it's you that needs to grow up and stop hurling that teddy around.

Form an orderly queue

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Find yourself a massive crucifix and nail yourself to it please.
    Your obsession with being a martyr at times is getting boring now.
    You criticise, laugh at others, put your opinion on a pedastal. Yet the minute something comes back your way RA, you go off on one that's akin to a 5 year old on a stomp.

When you take the piss, just because you leave a after it, makes it all right.
    Sorry, but people in glass houses and all that. You accused GP of being my best mate the other day. Yet took offence to being called wing man and tail gunner.

I think it's you that needs to grow up and stop hurling that teddy around.

Form an orderly queue
    I think the ‘badge of honour’ has just got brighter, Tricky.

Not sure how I’m being a ‘martyr’ or putting my ‘opinion on a pedestal’, but maybe you’ll explain.

Last time you accused me of something that was patently untrue it took you six days of promising - and failing - to provide evidence before you apologised. When people make untrue allegations or deliberately misquote others it’s usually because they’ve lost the argument.

If I’m wrong I’ll put my hand up and admit it, but I’m sure if I said something totally untrue about you or misquoted you in an attempt to discredit you you’d have something to say. It would, imo, be foolish not to.

This is in danger of descending into areas we shouldn’t want to go again so unless there’s something enlightening to be said in the next few hours I’m closing this thread.

COYR

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    This is in danger of descending into areas we shouldn’t want to go again so unless there’s something enlightening to be said in the next few hours I’m closing this thread.

COYR
    You could just ban the Forest supporter who posts false information along with the offensive views, after all its a Rams forum and frankly it would be better off without him. It would kill 90% of the conflict immediately.

After reading the police response to Cummings' indiscretion. I accepted it as that. What I still can't get my head round is that someone as, apparently, intelligent as he, would choose to do an eye test in a 60 mile round trip on the open road with his wife and 4 year old son in the car. Dangerous to him, his family and to every other road user.

If that isn't illegal, then I suggest it should become so ASAP. Shame we don't do retrospective Law changes.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    After reading the police response to Cummings' indiscretion. I accepted it as that. What I still can't get my head round is that someone as, apparently, intelligent as he, would choose to do an eye test in a 60 mile round trip on the open road with his wife and 4 year old son in the car. Dangerous to him, his family and to every other road user.

If that isn't illegal, then I suggest it should become so ASAP. Shame we don't do retrospective Law changes.
    I suspect that the truth behind his statement about the test drive is that he decided to go for a jolly before going back to London. He then had to scrabble around for excuses for this jolly and without thinking it through properly, came up with this idea that because he had been very weak and had suffered blurred vision, that this would be sufficient reason for a 'test drive'.

As you say, for such a supposedly intelligent person who should be media savvy, he seems to have shot himself in foot. He should have read his statement in front of a group of people first, to check for reaction. I suspect though, that he wouldn't take any notice of any advice anyway.

As I've previously said, the similarities between him and Alistair Campbell are stinking, I did write 'striking' but my phone auto corrected to stinking and I couldn't disagree. Lol

Not sure about the ‘average Brit’, Ram...but I agree we do seem to have more than our fair share of ‘a-holes’.

It’s a little odd because the French, for example, are quite likely to bring the whole country to a halt over something as relatively trivial as the price of petrol, and yet where lockdown is concerned they seem to have been as good as gold.
    The press will of course always show the very worst (most spectacular) incidents, but I’ve seen enough first hand examples of bad and irresponsible behaviour locally to agree that we have a problem.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)