+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Cummings Press Statement

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    If course it's on Facebook I'm on there myself Wrong again I didn't scoff at the rent a mob I don't condone what theve done But this is obviously edited by far right zealot Why have you not denied anything I've told you about him are you to embarrassed
    Eh, I don't give a flying about that geezer. I was using the video to show how low the media have gone and the usual Far left nasties hurling abuse.
    Lets be honest here, it is abuse/harrassment/offensive. Not the first time either. Rees Mogg son gets Nazi spat in his face, as well as traitor.
    Yet a far right zealot, is all you can come up with to explain it?

So no, I am not embarrassed by anything.
    Cummings is nob, I've already declared that. But he doesn't deserve abuse like that/ being compared with a peado by RA/ or being singled out for punishment, whilst other offenders are ignored.

Blinkers/personal agenda comes to mind here.
    We hear all these Far right screams, but the far left seems to pushed under the table.
    Starmer still has a long way to go, getting rid of this filth.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Okay...one last go. The parallel isn’t about the activities themselves...it is about the impact those activities have on the relevant professions or agencies.

Every time a priest, or teacher or social worker is suspected of ‘kiddie fiddling’, as you put it, the job becomes that much harder for the vast majority in that profession.
    Likewise, I can’t remember his name, but the football coach who had been abusing youngsters throughout his career would have had the same impact on whether parents would be quite so keen on happily sending their kids off to what, hitherto, had seemed an utterly innocent and healthy activity.
    ‘Bent’ or vindictive coppers will make the population more suspicious of the decent majority...imagine trying to police the black population of Minnesota now, and I’m sure every case of, for example, Munchausen by proxy that comes to light has a devastating impact on the trust shown in the nursing/caring professions.

So it is in the world of politics. People are already mistrustful of politicians for a variety of reasons...Blair lying over Iraq, the expenses scandal, Johnson’s habitual ‘economy with the truth’...to take just three examples.

Now, on top of that we have Cummings apparent disregard for the rules he himself had framed and a web of, imo, deceit in terms of his explanations which any half alert press would have exposed last Monday afternoon.

So...and please don’t continue to try and deflect from the issue by saying that I am comparing Cummings to a ‘kiddie fiddler’ again...the point is that Cummings has brought enormous discredit to the Government and Prime Minister he is paid to support.
    He has, by placing himself above the rules he devised, altered the public mood and distracted Government from the job in hand.

In short, and this is really the only point that matters...Dominic Cummings is extremely well paid for advice which should help and support the PM and his Government, but his recent actions and subsequent bizarre explanations have done the precise opposite.
    They have, imo, led to national outrage at a time when there should be a spirit of unity, they have led to deep feelings of mistrust and ridicule towards the government when it is crucial that the public are ‘onside’ and they have ultimately made the job of governing and policing the population infinitely harder.

With that last paragraph in mind, and bearing in mind that this has now dragged on for a week, I cannot see how it is either possible or desirable for him to remain in post.
    rA, any post containing the name "Dominic Cummings" and the words "job in hand" van never be far off the mark

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Eh, I don't give a flying about that geezer. I was using the video to show how low the media have gone and the usual Far left nasties hurling abuse.
    Lets be honest here, it is abuse/harrassment/offensive. Not the first time either. Rees Mogg son gets Nazi spat in his face, as well as traitor.

Cummings is nob, I've already declared that. But he doesn't deserve abuse like that/ being compared with a peado by RA/ or being singled out for punishment, whilst other offenders are ignored.

We hear all these Far right screams, but the far left seems to pushed under the table.
    You’re being as ridiculous as Parky, Tricky.
    Read it all back, clearly I didn’t compare Cummings to a ‘pae-do’, why would I do that?

I compared the impact his actions and dishonesty have had on the Government’s and PM’s credibility with the impact on other professions that people such as pae-dophiles (teaching, social work, the clergy), ‘bent’ coppers, and crooked accountants or councillors have on theirs.

The point is that rather than helping and supporting the Government he has discredited them.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the behaviour of the extreme right or left. It is entirely to do with the rights and wrongs of Cummings’ actions, the contempt he has shown for the public and the extent to which he has discredited the Government and distracted everyone from the task of defeating Coronavirus. He has become a liability.

Did you see (albeit in the Mail) that the guy who ratted out Cummings was a retired teacher! And evidently himself a lockdown breaker driving 250 miles to get his daughter who was locked down elsewhere!

Is there something youre not telling us rA?

You’re being as ridiculous as Parky, Tricky.
    Read it all back, clearly I didn’t compare Cummings to a ‘pae-do’, why would I do that?

I compared the impact his actions and dishonesty have had on the Government’s and PM’s credibility with the impact on other professions that people such as pae-dophiles (teaching, social work, the clergy), ‘bent’ coppers, and crooked accountants or councillors have on theirs.

The point is that rather than helping and supporting the Government he has discredited them.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the behaviour of the extreme right or left. It is entirely to do with the rights and wrongs of Cummings’ actions, the contempt he has shown for the public and the extent to which he has discredited the Government and distracted everyone from the task of defeating Coronavirus. He has become a liability.
    Why would you do it God only knows, but do it you did until a sequence of backtracking and rather lame explanations about how you didn't mean it ensued. Had you not been an English teacher I could maybe believe it aas open to interpretation, but you are/were and so very aware of exactly how you word things.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Why would you do it God only knows, but do it you did until a sequence of backtracking and rather lame explanations about how you didn't mean it ensued. Had you not been an English teacher I could maybe believe it aas open to interpretation, but you are/were and so very aware of exactly how you word things.
    Have you somehow morphed into an altogether different poster, GP?

You are being completely ridiculous and have kept this nonsense up for the best part of twenty four hours now.

As ever these days you are distracting and obfuscating because you have no answer to offer and simply like to make mischief.

It seems to be paragraph 4 of post #84 that you have taken such - totally contrived imo - exception to. I suggest you look again, reprint it and dissect it publicly if you like, and explain what you find so libellous/offensive/untrue/upsetting/outrageous/unjustified about that suggestion.

Have you somehow morphed into an altogether different poster, GP?

You are being completely ridiculous and have kept this nonsense up for the best part of twenty four hours now.

As ever these days you are distracting and obfuscating because you have no answer to offer and simply like to make mischief.

It seems to be paragraph 4 of post #84 that you have taken such - totally contrived imo - exception to. I suggest you look again, reprint it and dissect it publicly if you like, and explain what you find so libellous/offensive/untrue/upsetting/outrageous/unjustified about that suggestion.
    There you go, reprinted:

"The point is that here we undeniably have a very influential person - arguably the most influential in Westminster since Johnson became PM - showing total disregard for the rules which he has put in place for everyone else to live by.

It is on a par with MP’s fiddling their expenses, teachers, care staff or members of the clergy being found guilty of *****philic behaviour, medical staff who are abusers (or worse).... "

Expenses fiddling, agree is on a par. The rest, nowhere near. Just deliberately making a comparison of no validity or merit. You're better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    There you go, reprinted:

"The point is that here we undeniably have a very influential person - arguably the most influential in Westminster since Johnson became PM - showing total disregard for the rules which he has put in place for everyone else to live by.

It is on a par with MP’s fiddling their expenses, teachers, care staff or members of the clergy being found guilty of *****philic behaviour, medical staff who are abusers (or worse).... "

Expenses fiddling, agree is on a par. The rest, nowhere near. Just deliberately making a comparison of no validity or merit. You're better than that.
    ...and there you have it. The GP strategy of deliberate misinterpretation and selective quoting completely exposed.

You have gone straight to the relevant paragraph and just coincidentally stopped the quote very abruptly before the last rather relevant twenty eight words.

Allow me to finish the quote which continues, ‘...but first and foremost the ‘sin’ is the abuse of position and the complete contempt for the trust which the public has placed in those holding such positions’.

That ‘abuse of position and contempt’ for public trust is what all those ‘offenders’ - including Cummings - have in common. Makes rather more sense now doesn’t it...your feigned outrage no longer justified?

Taking quotes out of context seldom makes much sense, GP. Mind you, you’re right about one thing...I am ‘better than that’. Pity I can’t say the same for you these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post

Just don't put videos on the forum if you don't like people to workout who exactly has edited the footage I've told you before I don't condone anything they have done to Cummings . But I won't take a lecture of you about let wing thugs ,somebody who has always gone over the top defending Tommy Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Just don't put videos on the forum if you don't like people to workout who exactly has edited the footage I've told you before I don't condone anything they have done to Cummings . But I won't take a lecture of you about let wing thugs ,somebody who has always gone over the top defending Tommy Robinson
    Defending Tommy Robinson? Again you talk mush.
    I defend Tommy Robinsons right to freedom of speech, the same as yours. The fact the establishment have an issue with TR and have applied the law to suit to hush him up, is plain wrong.
    He pointed out the Muslim grooming gangs first. This gave a lot of people twitchy bums by the fact the genie was out the bottle.
    Now I don't approve of his rhetoric, yet getting slapped for telling the truth? You sound to me, you would rather nothing was said to rock the boat. Naz Shar your hero on this?

As for my videos, I've told you, I don't care where anything has come from. Is it showing/telling the truth? That is all that matters.
    However much you may not like that. The circus outside Cummings house was there to see. You definitely didn't see the rent a mob abuse on the BBC/Sky. This is where the likes of the Guardian/BBC would rather not show/report on something. Rather than have to explain what really happened.
    The beauty of the internet is just that. Folks have a nasty habit of eposing things now, that the main stream media would never show you. Unfortunately, that upsets people.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)