+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Cummings Press Statement

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Jesus wept.
    I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it is all relevent. Whatever Cummings has/not done, has to be taken in context with the whole situation.
    Should he have done it? In my opinion, no.
    Should he be punished? In my opinion yes
    Should everyone in a similar position of authority be ounished? In my opinion Yes

Now we can bang the bash the Cummings drum all day if you want. It suits your needs/desires. But if you are going to ignore the other crimes committed in the same mould, then brilliant.
    Congratualtions, then drum head trials it is.

Lets hang, draw and quarter him and wait for the next one.
    Only then the gloves will be off.
    You sound just same as Blackwood in that Twitter quote.
    I'm slating you, but my crime doesn't warrent attention.
    Case closed.

Gald we cleared that up and roll on firing squads.
    Well we agree on the first three of your conclusions Its obviously got under your skin because people are calling him out But that's mainly because he's shown no contrition whatsoever If he had put he's hands up in the first place and say I made a mistake and apologised I don't think people would have minded But he's obviously not the apologetic type that takes a man

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Really? Strange comment from you of all people, Andy.

There’s no football, no sport, it doesn’t take very long and basically if it hadn’t been for four particular threads - all sadly related to Covid or Cummings - the forum would have gone the way of many others.
    Maybe so but unfortunately the last god knows how many posts have failed to alter the contributors stances An iota. I used to come here to get away from the madness of Facebook but there’s no difference now

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I have indeed.
    If he is the yard stick, then all of them should be sacked.
    So exactly how am I acknowleging my political position?
    You have been on an on about Cummings all the way through this. Why haven't you say singled out Ali, for attending a funeral with over 100 people and the police stood and watched?
    Two things there for you to comment on. The Corona massive breech and the police being selective in who they hound or dish out fines to.
    Farage got a knock on his front door from Kent police who had driven miles to "*******" him. Yet a funeral deserves no comment from them?
    The big question which is being asked at least in the media I read is why has Johnson gone to such lengths to defend he sumbag? Even to the exent that he has said the journey was OK?

The answer, which again is in the media I read, is that Johnson knows that without Cummings he is stuffed.

But as ever Tricky has missed, avoided the issue about a rich self entitled unelected person, basically saying the rules are for you plebs to follow not me! This is the guy who pretend she is on the side of the "little man" at least thats what he said about about Brexit! The guy who millions or "ordinary people" seem to think is against the elites and on their side!

Now just how dumb does one have to be to believe that?????

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    The big question which is being asked at least in the media I read is why has Johnson gone to such lengths to defend he sumbag? Even to the exent that he has said the journey was OK?

The answer, which again is in the media I read, is that Johnson knows that without Cummings he is stuffed.

But as ever Tricky has missed, avoided the issue about a rich self entitled unelected person, basically saying the rules are for you plebs to follow not me! This is the guy who pretend she is on the side of the "little man" at least thats what he said about about Brexit! The guy who millions or "ordinary people" seem to think is against the elites and on their side!

Now just how dumb does one have to be to believe that?????
    Not you as well. " I SAID SACK HIM"
    But sack them all. This has started a press broadside now, as every politician who has said "stay home", is being outed for their trangressions. I'm not naming them, as I get accused of being political bias.

That Swale is a polite personal jibe, that if someone isn't on the hate Johnson/cummings bandwagon. Then they are dumb.
    But it is an improvement I suppose.
    I give up, this thread is a mono- hate assault.
    Just sack him and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Maybe so but unfortunately the last god knows how many posts have failed to alter the contributors stances An iota. I used to come here to get away from the madness of Facebook but there’s no difference now
    Don’t often disagree with you, Andy and I know nothing about Facebook, but I think stances have been changed on this one.
    Ram59 has probably been the most open minded, having started off as the most vociferous Cummings supporter, largely from a parental perspective, he has certainly come round to recognising that ‘do as I say not as I do’ is not a helpful attitude in this current crisis.
    On the other hand, Tricky, who started off with a knee jerk - he should be sacked - reaction now sees a conspiracy around every corner and a Remainer inspired witch-hunt against Cummings from the Press who, as I remember things, were generally pro-Brexit/Johnson.

I think most people come on here with a fixed view on everything political and rarely does the influence of other people's opinion make a toss of a difference.

With politics there are very few neutral opinions and people almost never change their stance - it's engrained. Rather like your club is engrained in your DNA, but people are more flexible if a player has a great game or two and then some crappy ones their opinion will shift.

For such a small core of people on this forum we do nonetheless have a very broad spectrum of opinion from very left through centre to very right, which will foster decent debate but also stubborn refusal to accept others views. There are those who simply think they are right about everything with no evidence to support it, those who offer strangely inconsistent views, those who step away from politics and teachers 😉

It's not what the forum is really for but if it helps a few grumpy old men get through lockdown, why not

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Don’t often disagree with you, Andy and I know nothing about Facebook, but I think stances have been changed on this one.
    Ram59 has probably been the most open minded, having started off as the most vociferous Cummings supporter, largely from a parental perspective, he has certainly come round to recognising that ‘do as I say not as I do’ is not a helpful attitude in this current crisis.
    On the other hand, Tricky, who started off with a knee jerk - he should be sacked - reaction now sees a conspiracy around every corner and a Remainer inspired witch-hunt against Cummings from the Press who, as I remember things, were generally pro-Brexit/Johnson.
    I don't agree with you there RA, I gave Cummings the benefit of the doubt initially and still support his decision to go to Durham, in the circumstances. But he shot himself in the foot with the test drive.

Regarding the media, they're is a witch hunt for Cummings, never a popular figure, and they won't be happy until he's gone, but I don't think it's anything to do with brexit. This media hysteria with him is getting ridiculous with virtually every news item still linked to him.

Take this morning for example, they were interviewing some expert on track and Trace, but she was saying that it worked in Germany because the German people trust their government, clearly implying that it wouldn't be the case here. Even more bizarrely, I clicked a link to an article on the 7 most economical SUVs, each one was rated as to how many fewer gallons of fuel required to do Cummings' journey compared to his Land Rover, even though 2 or 3 of the 7 are no longer available with that engine. How many media personnel are outside his house, few of which are observing the restrictions that they claim to care about?

Fair enough, Ram...you are at least open minded enough to recognise an alternative stance.

What do you put the ‘media hysteria’ over Cummings down to then...his arrogance, his appearance, his lack of accountability...or just his perceived wrong doing?

Can’t comment on whether the Germans trust their government more...but such trust is at a pretty low ebb here.
    Let’s face it...much appears to have been done too slowly...the communication has been poor and while I understand the ‘parenting’ part of your Cummings defence...the nation is hardly likely to accept a lecture on the requirements of good responsible parenting from a Prime Minister who doesn’t even seem entirely sure of how many children he’s actually got.

P.S. Just for information...I understand that some German schoolchildren returned part time this week. They are now allowed to visit one friend and to stay with grandparents. Hope the progress continues and shows us a route forward.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 28-05-2020 at 10:44 AM.

"What do you put the ‘media hysteria’ over Cummings down to then...his arrogance, his appearance, his lack of accountability...or just his perceived wrong doing?"

Boredom. the press are bored with covid statistics and bad news.

This is something new for them to get their grubby little paws on and they think if they make it into a major issue, then they have got something people are interested in. They are maybe right, as evidenced here, but its not really news is it. It happened months ago and there would appear to have been no impact or consequences to his actions. I don't see a trail of dead between London and Durham attributable to his actions. Equally it cannot be undone. It was probably wrong thing to do at the time, but at the time noone seem to have known anyway.

So, the press are hounding him because they can and they can try to prove they still have clout in trying to make him lose his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    "What do you put the ‘media hysteria’ over Cummings down to then...his arrogance, his appearance, his lack of accountability...or just his perceived wrong doing?"

Boredom. the press are bored with covid statistics and bad news.

This is something new for them to get their grubby little paws on and they think if they make it into a major issue, then they have got something people are interested in. They are maybe right, as evidenced here, but its not really news is it. It happened months ago and there would appear to have been no impact or consequences to his actions. I don't see a trail of dead between London and Durham attributable to his actions. Equally it cannot be undone. It was probably wrong thing to do at the time, but at the time noone seem to have known anyway.

So, the press are hounding him because they can and they can try to prove they still have clout in trying to make him lose his job.
    Correct and the politicians making it it sound as bad as espionage, have something to gain.
    They all have something to gain, from party advancement to personal agendas.

Cummings IS resoundly hated for the Brexit situation he headed,(deny that all you want RA)
    No coincidence to me, that the loudest screamers were vote remainers and seem complicit, in the recent letters sent to Barnier asking for his help to rock the Brexit boat.
    Hence Barnier, sends a statement out, thanking them for their letters whilst making it plain, that the EU has/is always open to a two year extension. There will be a financial penalty to that, but hey ho, that's the price.
    Cummings stands in the way of that.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)