+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Cummings Press Statement

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Don't know if it's true but I have seen online this morning that BoJo's approval rating has dropped 20% in the past week........
    It’s an enormously difficult situation, MA...but if that’s true it comes as no great surprise.
    Interesting that you’ve previously described how Rutte’s popularity has grown over the same period.
    The Dutch Government has had exactly the same potential problems to deal with but seems to have acted a great deal more effectively.

Out of interest MA, are the Dutch like the Brits, as in do they totally ignore social distancing on beaches and parks and then trash the place by leaving tonnes of litter behind?

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    It's ok RA when a person chooses Farage ,Robinson and Cummings to support and never misses a chance to tell us how bad Lammy and Abbott are you don't a ology to tell you what they like do you

What I find funny, is his conviction that whatever the source on social media and the internet, he believes it if it fits with his vague philosophy hence his parroting of the slur that Starmer made prosecuting the child grooming gangs harder, when in reality he had done the exact opposite!

One would have thought he might be a touch more circumspect with quoting whatever rubbish he has googled, but no even with that clear demonstration of the fake news he posts, he continues to embarrass himself on a daily basis!

You couldn't make it up!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Don't know if it's true but I have seen online this morning that BoJo's approval rating has dropped 20% in the past week........
    MA that's not exactly true it has risen to 20% 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Ah...your old total disregard for the truth surfaces again.
    I note your new best mate rapidly shut up this morning. Now perhaps you’ll be able to tell everyone who and when I called someone a ‘pae-do’.

The floor is all yours.
    "He" as you put it recognised he was banging his head against a brick wall. Your total abhorrence of Cummings, your vitriol toward whatever he does, appears to have resulted in your loss of reason.

No one is in any doubt that he broke the rules he in part was responsible for creating, even he says so. But thereafter your refusal to adopt proportionality or accept that no one else has been sacked smacks of a personal vendetta. Your relentless hounding of the man is akin to Liam Neeson in Taken.

And so my comments on this end, not because "you have won" but rather because I am bored.

PS Rosie Duffield I admire for her resignation, although less so for her dalliance in the park with her lover. That is how DC should have acted (no, not in thee park with Ms Duffield), and thus still maintained a shred of credibility, as indeed should have the other transgressors of whichever political colour.

It's not a political issue, MPs on both sides have acted poorly in difficult times (is that really a surprise) and several have put personal issues above their duty. In fact only maybe 2%, although there are probably more fearing being outed.

I don't suppose that's much different to the general public's "disobedience" levels and looking at the beaches and parks over the weekend, perhaps MP's are beacons of responsibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

And so my comments on this end, not because "you have won" but rather because I am bored.
    Indeed.

Football is back, players are training, signings are happening, we can even have one eye on next season. This discussion board is the lowest it's ever been, time to get it back on track.

"He" as you put it recognised he was banging his head against a brick wall. Your total abhorrence of Cummings, your vitriol toward whatever he does, appears to have resulted in your loss of reason.

No one is in any doubt that he broke the rules he in part was responsible for creating, even he says so. But thereafter your refusal to adopt proportionality or accept that no one else has been sacked smacks of a personal vendetta. Your relentless hounding of the man is akin to Liam Neeson in Taken.

PS Rosie Duffield I admire for her resignation, although less so for her dalliance in the park with her lover. That is how DC should have acted (no, not in thee park with Ms Duffield), and thus still maintained a shred of credibility, as indeed should have the other transgressors of whichever political colour.

It's not a political issue, MPs on both sides have acted poorly in difficult times (is that really a surprise) and several have put personal issues above their duty. In fact only maybe 2%, although there are probably more fearing being outed.

I don't suppose that's much different to the general public's "disobedience" levels and looking at the beaches and parks over the weekend, perhaps MP's are beacons of responsibility?
    Oh, for goodness sake, grow up GP. You picked an argument along the lines of , ‘ooh, RA used the ‘P’ word...that’s not allowed, I know I’ve been baiting him with teacher jibes for weeks, I’ll just make some more capital out of this and say he called Cummings a pae-do and call for his post to be deleted too’.

Only I didn’t do anything of the sort. I likened Cummings’ behaviour, in bringing discredit to the Government, to the impact that other wrongdoers have on their professions, pointing out that he is well paid to help, not hinder, the PM...and you had to take my comments out of context, choosing to ‘delete’ the last twenty eight (28!) words of the relevant paragraph in order to make it try and fit your ‘script’.

You were found out.
    I honestly don’t know what’s happened to you of late. You - more particularly your predecessor - used to be a good poster. If others such as MA, mac, mista, Andy, Ram, Swale (non angry version), Adi and others had picked me up on what I wrote I’d have been concerned...to be challenged by the likes of you and Tricky these days has become almost a badge of honour.

In the meantime think on this...you started the thread, you made the first damning comment...probably before the press conference had even finished, you produced the replica Cummings’ mask with appropriate caption and you have written today, ‘Rosie Duffield I admire for her resignation...That is how DC should have acted...and thus still maintained a shred of credibility, as indeed should the other transgressors...’.

So it’s okay for you to say that, but apparently if I say it it’s ‘demented’, a ‘loss of reason’ and a show of ‘vitriol’. What utter bollux!

Let me know when the real Parky/Ramjet has returned and I’ll take some notice again.

Her resignation was only from the front bench, but not her job as an MP though, if I understand correctly.

Although her actions and morals can be called into question, I do have sympathies with all loved ones who have been forced to stay apart, because they don't live together.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    What I find funny, is his conviction that whatever the source on social media and the internet, he believes it if it fits with his vague philosophy hence his parroting of the slur that Starmer made prosecuting the child grooming gangs harder, when in reality he had done the exact opposite!

One would have thought he might be a touch more circumspect with quoting whatever rubbish he has googled, but no even with that clear demonstration of the fake news he posts, he continues to embarrass himself on a daily basis!

You couldn't make it up!
    Swales I don't really have to many qualms with Tricky really at least he doesn't shift from right to left or vice versa like some people He just doesn't really grasp that he isn't the only one who uses Facebook ,Twitter Y/tube etc and at least 50% probably more on Facebook is fabricated bolloxs . So you end up choosing what you want to believe , but Tricky will bang it on here and try and convince us it's gospel Some of it will be but most will not be He put a video of a so called mob demonstrating outside Cummings it wasn't nice but the edited version he put on had got the two policemen missing who were there all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    Her resignation was only from the front bench, but not her job as an MP though, if I understand correctly.

Although her actions and morals can be called into question, I do have sympathies with all loved ones who have been forced to stay apart, because they don't live together.
    I believe that is true Ram, a proportionate response recognising her own guilt. Most transgressions have fallen into the category of actions involving loved ones - be they lovers, children/wives, fathers birthdays etc etc and so there is an underlying emotional reason to the actions. The others appear to be misguided planned conduct of work, eg reporting on illegal immigrants or attending random funerals.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)