+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clubs 2019/20 seasonal ticket offers

Clubs 2019/20 seasonal ticket offers

We now are able to offer 2019/20 members clarity on how either cancellation or resumption (behind closed doors) of the current Sky Bet Championship season impacts remaining entitled fixtures.

Following a statement from the UK Government instructing that, if safe to play, all remaining fixtures of the current campaign are to be played behind closed doors, we have been working on creating solutions that are favourable for both Club and seasonal members, who entitled to four remaining 2019/20 home league fixtures (vs Millwall, Blackburn, Wigan, Nottingham Forest).

We appreciate that no single solution meets the collective requirements of all parties, therefore we are offering supporters choice.

As we continue on the road back to normality, we must not forget the thousands of Reds fans, who have worked tirelessly against coronavirus. To thank those individuals for their dedication, sacrifice and bravery, we wanted to offer experiences to ‘look forward to’.

Following the 6,000 complimentary tickets that we have already offered to the NHS and key workers in our local community, supporters can donate their outstanding games accredited to their 2019/20 seasonal pass and contribute to that tally.

We also understand the financial position that this pandemic has put supporters in, coupled with the doubts fans may have about returning to Oakwell once permitted to do so. Therefore, we would be happy to honour your outstanding home games by-way of a four game ‘Flexi-Ticket’.

Subject to availability, this ticket will allow supporters a seat to four home games over the next two seasons (2020/21, 2021/22), regardless of division or opposition. Note, if you donate your tickets, you will not be eligible for a ‘four game flexi’.

Ordinarily at this time, seasonal passes would be on sale for the next campaign. However, the decision was made prior to lockdown to postpone sales until we further understood our position, both financially and within the EFL.

The last two months have proved inconclusive on both matters. Yet, what we do know is that football will return to Oakwell. But being open and honest, we do not know when. With our most reliable revenue streams (matchday, commercial dealings and player trading) frozen for the foreseeable future, like many throughout the EFL, we are now operating at a significant loss.

Due to this uncertainty and the need for urgent earnings to preserve the Club’s immediate financial future, seasonal passes will shortly be made available for the 2020/21 season at heavily discounted rates. During the first month of sales, an exclusive ‘flat rate’ will be in operation across the stadium. If you opt to renew your seat, you will still be entitled to either donate your remaining 19/20 games or claim a ‘four game flexi’.

Also, inline with trying to do the right thing for our supporters, if other options are deemed unsuitable, we will attempt to offer pro-rata refunds for those entitled to four home 2019/20 fixtures.

Despite this move being detremental to the Club (if 9,000+ seasonal members opt for refunds, significant strains will be exerted on our cash-flow (approximately -£400,000)), it is morally a necessity.

More information relating to 2020/21 seasonal passes will be published this week.

Match ticket purchasers

Match ticket purchasers for the away fixture at Queens Park Rangers are entitled to a full refund. Note, the London Club are asking for those supporters to provide their ticket before accepting a refund. Any requested refunds can only be made via the original method of payment.

Those who have outstanding individual home match tickets, options one, two and four (above) apply. Note, instead of a four game flexi ticket, subject to availability, you will be able to redeem your single match ticket for any home game over the next two seasons (2020/21, 2021/22), regardless of division or opposition.

Corporate Hospitality

Corporate partners will be contacted by a member of the commercial team throughout June to advise and explain the options available to them.

Ticket Office Re-Opening

Until the correct measures have been put in place to ensure safety of staff and supporters, the Box Office at Oakwell will remain closed.

Please be aware that the Club will not discriminate against those shielding or unable to safely travel to Oakwell at this time. All offers will remain valid until UK Government restrictions are loosend, allowing for extended freedom of movement.

However, a direct phoneline and email address have been set up to deal with queries relating to matters within this article.

Clear as mud. So if me amd wife renew, we may not see a game next season, and if we don’t, then the seats we have had for years, around people we like will be lost!
    A bit of Blackmail here I think.
    Keep our 4 game passes, and then just preserve our seat until we can return. Who’s gonna pay when we may not return till February 2021?

"But being open and honest " for fks sake where did they get that one from, a government statement

Damned if they do damned if they don't.Straightforward.If you want a refund go and claim it,if you don't leave it.Flexi tickets for the 4 games that were left which you can use when football resumes with supporters.I'm no brain surgeon but come on boys and girls.

How do you claim your refund?

It will be from the booking office.The statement was to let people know the options,I'm sure they'll announce which days are available for picking your cash up.I reckon they'll also announce details of next seasons season tickets when there's more information from the EFL government etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    Damned if they do damned if they don't.Straightforward.If you want a refund go and claim it,if you don't leave it.Flexi tickets for the 4 games that were left which you can use when football resumes with supporters.I'm no brain surgeon but come on boys and girls.
    My point Bill is that who is going to shell out £300 plus, for a ticket....( that’s doubled for our household) if they don’t know they are going to be allowed in before half of next season is completed. I’ve no issue with the money back offer , I wouldn’t have asked for it back anyway. ... I’ll take the 4 tickets and hope we stay in the behind closed doors FA and League cups long enough for us to face a big team in January or February next year, but we lose our seats permanently if we choose not to take the hit on the season pass ...
    Surely you can see that bit of logic? They are saying “Pay up, and take the hit, or lose your seats”. Thing is, with a lot of folk, they can’t afford the £600 to be wasted....folk losing their jobs.

Like everybody else they don't know when football can resume with crowds but what they are saying is there will be a heavily discounted season ticket for fans to buy and use when the games start again.Until things become clearer from the government I imagine clubs are doing there best in very unusual circumstances.
    When they announce the sale of season tickets people have the choice then whether to buy one now or when they feel able to.

Will they save my seat until the fans are allowed in? I think they should leave it empty until I can return. No one else can sit in it.

I would imagine they'll be more info regarding keeping your seat when they announce prices etc.
    I want to keep mine ,sat in lower east stand since it was built.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast