+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 101 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (4)

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    That would have been a foolish thing to do, animal, given that it don't happen.

Then again, it is a pretty foolish thing to do to get all hot and bothered about a bit of gentle teasing. Don't Barnsley folk have a sense of humour?
    Almost every championship campaign Kerr and an ownership with a collective worth of £9bn currently begging the fans to buy ST's even though the club can't guarantee they will see a single ball kicked inside the stadium .

We aren't short of a sense of humour over here .... trust me .

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Barnsley FC have also had Peter Ridsdale as chairman.

And Donny had that guy who tried to burn the old ground down.

Certainly been some characters as Chairmen of SY clubs.
    Ridsdale lasted about as long as we did in the PL under Patrick Cryne .

Spent the clubs entire budget for the year in a week according to form .

Whilst Stephen McPhail was an incredible coup for a club in league one the question of who was paying his incredible wages seemed to escape Mr Ridsdale .

He was gone the week after .

To the Barnsley folk. You guys are way too sensitive

I was pulling your leg and I'll make it more obvious next time by adding a smiley

Just to say though I have had experience of Isoft,s involvement with the NHS in an indirect way and it wasn't good.
    Although it was actually the NHS,s fault for signing up to such a weak contract which is one reason why it's risky just to throw more money at the health service we have. I can post the details if anyone's interested

Aren't Barnsley famous for stealing rufc,s transfer targets.....smiley alert....
    Last edited by flourbasher; 31-05-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Funny that as we say the same about Bristol City
    Perhaps it's because we both have similar experiences with Managers

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    To the Barnsley folk. You guys are way too sensitive

I was pulling your leg and I'll make it more obvious next time by adding a smiley

Just to say though I have had experience of Isoft,s involvement with the NHS in an indirect way and it wasn't good.
    Although it was actually the NHS,s fault for signing up to such a weak contract which is one reason why it's risky just to throw more money at the health service we have. I can post the details if anyone's interested

Aren't Barnsley famous for stealing rufc,s transfer targets.....smiley alert....
    Yes post them flour , you'll not find myself or Exile defending the late Patrick Cryne too much though .

Although to be fair given the present ownerships record to date I dare say " better the devil you know " isn't far from my thoughts .

Apparently we have a cash flow problem despite the ownerships £9bn collective wealth .

They make Richard Branson look credible .

Isoft and the NHS then......

I can't remember the exact year but it was around the mid noughties and the company I was working for at the time got an urgent phone call from NHS Estates asking for urgent managerial assistance to set up a commercial office space in the West Midlands with very tight timescales. Within three weeks was the timescale and the deadline of 9am on a certain Monday morning MUST be met at all costs. We were never told who was moving in beforehand though.

A lot of resource was employed to fit out an office in Solihull working nights and weekends at premium rates. It cost about twice as much as it should have done if we had been given more time to put in data cabling, power, server rooms, wc,s , ********, desks, security etc.

A small team of us were there on the Monday morning to meet the secretive new occupants and to make sure that they have every they needed and working and therefore to confirm we'd met the deadline.

We waited and waited and waited until late morning until we made phone calls to the NHS Estates dept and asked where they were.
    We were told that the space was for Isoft who were building the NHS patient database and also funding barnsleys transfers.
    But.....Isoft had not recruited any IT programmers yet so it would be months before anyone moved in.
    The NHS explained that it was in their contract with Isoft to provide an W Mids base by a certain date and if they didn't they they were liable to pay a penalty to Isoft.

The fact that Isoft hadn't recruited any staff and were seriously behind in timescales for the database didn't seem to have any consequences.

Naturally we were all livid. I blame Barnsley and their fans.

Wonder what Boris would look like in a Rotherham shirt

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Wonder what Boris would look like in a Rotherham shirt
    I would imagine he would look like...
    David Mellor in his Chelsea shirt..a tw@t.

I’ve had good news. A pal of mine had three weeks on a ventilator then two weeks on dialysis, back on a ventilator for two weeks, he’s now sat up talking and off the ventilator again.
    Just the dialysis to sort.
    Hopefully the death rate will keep dropping and a vaccine is sorted sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post

I’ve had good news. A pal of mine had three weeks on a ventilator then two weeks on dialysis, back on a ventilator for two weeks, he’s now sat up talking and off the ventilator again.
    Hopefully the death rate will keep dropping and a vaccine is sorted sooner than later.
    😂

All the best to your mate Casper
    Yes hopefully the death rate will drop, zero would be great

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post

Great news for you Casper. All the best to you and your pal.

Page 10 of 101 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast