+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (4)

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    I would imagine he would look like...
    David Mellor in his Chelsea shirt..a tw@t.

I’ve had good news. A pal of mine had three weeks on a ventilator then two weeks on dialysis, back on a ventilator for two weeks, he’s now sat up talking and off the ventilator again.
    Just the dialysis to sort.
    Hopefully the death rate will keep dropping and a vaccine is sorted sooner than later.
    At least some good news Casper

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Isoft and the NHS then......

I can't remember the exact year but it was around the mid noughties and the company I was working for at the time got an urgent phone call from NHS Estates asking for urgent managerial assistance to set up a commercial office space in the West Midlands with very tight timescales. Within three weeks was the timescale and the deadline of 9am on a certain Monday morning MUST be met at all costs. We were never told who was moving in beforehand though.

A lot of resource was employed to fit out an office in Solihull working nights and weekends at premium rates. It cost about twice as much as it should have done if we had been given more time to put in data cabling, power, server rooms, wc,s , ********, desks, security etc.

A small team of us were there on the Monday morning to meet the secretive new occupants and to make sure that they have every they needed and working and therefore to confirm we'd met the deadline.

We waited and waited and waited until late morning until we made phone calls to the NHS Estates dept and asked where they were.
    We were told that the space was for Isoft who were building the NHS patient database and also funding barnsleys transfers.
    But.....Isoft had not recruited any IT programmers yet so it would be months before anyone moved in.
    The NHS explained that it was in their contract with Isoft to provide an W Mids base by a certain date and if they didn't they they were liable to pay a penalty to Isoft.

The fact that Isoft hadn't recruited any staff and were seriously behind in timescales for the database didn't seem to have any consequences.

Naturally we were all livid. I blame Barnsley and their fans.
    Keep em coming flour
    If you think for one minute it upsets us Barnsley fans, think again

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Isoft and the NHS then......

I can't remember the exact year but it was around the mid noughties and the company I was working for at the time got an urgent phone call from NHS Estates asking for urgent managerial assistance to set up a commercial office space in the West Midlands with very tight timescales. Within three weeks was the timescale and the deadline of 9am on a certain Monday morning MUST be met at all costs. We were never told who was moving in beforehand though.

A lot of resource was employed to fit out an office in Solihull working nights and weekends at premium rates. It cost about twice as much as it should have done if we had been given more time to put in data cabling, power, server rooms, wc,s , ********, desks, security etc.

A small team of us were there on the Monday morning to meet the secretive new occupants and to make sure that they have every they needed and working and therefore to confirm we'd met the deadline.

We waited and waited and waited until late morning until we made phone calls to the NHS Estates dept and asked where they were.
    We were told that the space was for Isoft who were building the NHS patient database and also funding barnsleys transfers.
    But.....Isoft had not recruited any IT programmers yet so it would be months before anyone moved in.
    The NHS explained that it was in their contract with Isoft to provide an W Mids base by a certain date and if they didn't they they were liable to pay a penalty to Isoft.

The fact that Isoft hadn't recruited any staff and were seriously behind in timescales for the database didn't seem to have any consequences.

Naturally we were all livid. I blame Barnsley and their fans.
    That's a fairly consistent account flour and falls in with similar tales I've heard surrounding ISOFT .

The court appearance of Mr Cryne and his fellow directors on charges of defrauding shareholders when they sold the business set some alarm bells off .

Admittedly the benefit of the doubt has to be given because the case collapsed when the prosecution lost some evidence apparently !!

I always thought there was something dodgy about Cryne and that played out a number of times while he owned the club .

To be fair he did rescue the club financially in 2004 and we have to credit him with that .

He family certainly did very well out of it mind you when he sold the club and still own 20% .

O/T new virus.

Doctors fear the new . I'm as thick as **** virus is out of control. People are dashing out of their homes, and ignoring social distancing.
    A government spokesman said it is spreading faster than covid.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Doctors fear the new . I'm as thick as **** virus is out of control. People are dashing out of their homes, and ignoring social distancing.
    A government spokesman said it is spreading faster than covid.
    . 😂😂😂😂 Me and my other half pissing ourselves.

Bet media is outside schools 🙄

Interesting medical article - a vascular disease?

https://elemental.medium.com/coronav...g-2c4032481ab2

That's an interesting read and a vascular dimension to the disease might also explain different death rates around the world. Populations with higher levels of obesity and poor cardiovascular health are potentially at a big disadvantage.

Seems the test and trace is doing well.
    Just need them with symptoms to remember use it

When will the antibody testing be available though ?
    and how will we know if you can’t catch it twice, ie this coming winter.
    Would be nice to know if I’ve had it. Got offered a Covid test early doors for the over 65’s. Unfortunately it was a 104 mile round trip and I don’t have the resolve of Dominic Cummings...😆

Page 11 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast