+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (4)

Stop posting links with no narrative around what they are about or why you have posted them.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 26-05-2020 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Update. In the 1981;novel it was called the Gorki 400.
    But in republished v1989 version. Changed it to Wuhan 400.
    Best send a copy to Trump
    See he also wrote a book with the title Tick Tock

ooooooooh spooky

Listen tool . I posted it as it was a strange coincidence.
    That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Listen tool . I posted it as it was a strange coincidence.
    That is all.
    Yes I know & I responded as a bit of fun
    That is all
    Note smiley

Can anyone tell me what good the new test and trace system is going to do? I can see nothing other than a total waste of time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    Can anyone tell me what good the new test and trace system is going to do? I can see nothing other than a total waste of time and money.
    Test and trace is about identifying people who are or might be infected and then asking them to isolate. That would reduce the risk of transmission and ultimately the number of people who die.

Think of it as a targeted lockdown. If it works, it will allow a faster relaxation of the general lockdown.

It’s a very good idea and definitely not a waste of money.

letting people know about their results etc, keeping tabs on where the hot spots may be so that if needed they can be in lockdown where other places won’t have to be.

How can that be a waste?
    I suppose it could break down then be useless

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Test and trace is about identifying people who are or might be infected and then asking them to isolate. That would reduce the risk of transmission and ultimately the number of people who die.

Think of it as a targeted lockdown. If it works, it will allow a faster relaxation of the general lockdown.
    No, I get what it's supposed to do but it seems pointless.

Why don't I just contact the people myself, as I surely would anyway (how many identifiable people will be within 6 feet of me for at least 15 minutes?) rather than waiting for some unemployed media studies graduate to ring me when I'm feeling like crap, giving them the information and then getting them to do the contacting? It makes no sense.

Any contacts I can't identify (say someone sat next to me on a bus) will be untraceable by the 'tracers' anyway.

I just don't see the benefit of adding this additional expensive layer of 25,000 tracers at all.

Why don't I just contact the people myself, as I surely would anyway (how many identifiable people will be within 6 feet of me for at least 15 minutes?) rather than waiting for some unemployed media studies graduate to ring me when I'm feeling like crap, giving them the information and then getting them to do the contacting? It makes no sense.

Any contacts I can't identify (say someone sat next to me on a bus) will be untraceable by the 'tracers' anyway.

I just don't see the benefit of adding this additional expensive layer of 25,000 tracers at all.
    Can we trust people to contact others and have the tests?

Isn't it intended to trace your movements on your phone so that if you are tested positive, the app can then inform other people who have been in the same places as you via their app?

Or isn't it linked to the app any more?

If not, I would imagine that giving the ID of people who you have been in contact with the ability to audit and ensure that they are following through with the isolation. I think Hancock indicated that they might have to move towards doing this if the public dont cooperate, and without the system working with government control, they wouldnt be able to manage this.

Hope it works, although Guardian report today highlighted many people pissed off with the way it is being managed. Hope they are wrong and its a success though for reasons Kerr gives above
    Last edited by ragingpup; 28-05-2020 at 12:04 PM.

Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast