+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (4)

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    There's nothing the left can't blame on Thatcher, however tenuous.
    Did she not devastate the industry on which the town depended
    Did she put anything in place designed to help rebuild the town
    Did she do anything as a leader to breathe life into an ailing area
    That's what's called a legacy whether you like it or not

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Did she not devastate the industry on which the town depended
    Did she put anything in place designed to help rebuild the town
    Did she do anything as a leader to breathe life into an ailing area
    That's what's called a legacy whether you like it or not
    "In May 2004, the EU welcomed ten new member states – the majority from Central and Eastern Europe – in what was the largest expansion in the history of European integration. The UK was one of only three member states, alongside Sweden and Ireland, to open its labour market to these new EU citizens immediately."

https://theconversation.com/the-huge...-britain-66077

"In May 2004, the EU welcomed ten new member states – the majority from Central and Eastern Europe – in what was the largest expansion in the history of European integration. The UK was one of only three member states, alongside Sweden and Ireland, to open its labour market to these new EU citizens immediately."

20 years after Thatchers legacy
    Well with your hero Johnson you will see him put that right when we open our doors to potentially 2.5 million
    You'll be glad what you voted for

20 years after Thatchers legacy
    Well with your hero Johnson you will see him put that right when we open our doors to potentially 2.5 million
    You'll be glad what you voted for
    My hero? I didn't even vote for him.

We're talking about he present not the past, what has Thatcher got to do with Central and Eastern European people working in food processing factories in Barnsley?

We're talking about he present not the past, what has Thatcher got to do with Central and Eastern European people working in food processing factories in Barnsley?
    Yet you're quite happy to talk about the past when it suits

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire

Yet you're quite happy to talk about the past when it suits

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire

You're going back even further though, when does it stop?

Maybe blame Stalin for occupying those countries and leaving them poorer than Western European ones?

Unhappy

Of course it’s nothing to do with Maggie, even if the factory was built on land that was previously a pit.
    I will be try to be kind to Blair because he was smart bloke so I can only assume in his calculations, that the benefits of gaining more potential voters to support labour outweighed the negatives of uncontrolled mass migrations.
    The Tory business owners loved it too, cheap labour, undermine trade unions, lower wages. The criminals have had a field day, exploitation of people, extortion, drugs, prostitution.
    Nothing wrong with migration, gone on since the beginning of time, but mass unchecked migration is stupid stupid stupid. Flat earthers wouldn’t be as dumb to suggest such a policy benefits.
    The dumb policy that resulted in ... Brexit.
    Cuppa tea time

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    Of course it’s nothing to do with Maggie, even if the factory was built on land that was previously a pit.
    I will be try to be kind to Blair because he was smart bloke so I can only assume in his calculations, that the benefits of gaining more potential voters to support labour outweighed the negatives of uncontrolled mass migrations.
    The Tory business owners loved it too, cheap labour, undermine trade unions, lower wages. The criminals have had a field day, exploitation of people, extortion, drugs, prostitution.
    Nothing wrong with migration, gone on since the beginning of time, but mass unchecked migration is stupid stupid stupid. Flat earthers wouldn’t be as dumb to suggest such a policy benefits.
    The dumb policy that resulted in ... Brexit.
    Cuppa tea time
    It says in that article I posted that they assumed every EU country would open up at the same time and immigrant workers would be shared more evenly. The Conservatives (not under Thatcher at that time ) didn't object either though.

I have now ( after my post )just read through that link you posted. I missed it whilst having my rant.

4th of July tomorrow and with all the official firework displays being cancelled it's going to be interesting as everyone will be setting off their own. Even in these 'hard times' some will have been out and spent $500-$1,000. Fireworks and hand sanitiser, now that's a great mix.

Page 51 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast