+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 101 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (4)

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    Of course it’s nothing to do with Maggie, even if the factory was built on land that was previously a pit.
    I will be try to be kind to Blair because he was smart bloke so I can only assume in his calculations, that the benefits of gaining more potential voters to support labour outweighed the negatives of uncontrolled mass migrations.
    The Tory business owners loved it too, cheap labour, undermine trade unions, lower wages. The criminals have had a field day, exploitation of people, extortion, drugs, prostitution.
    Nothing wrong with migration, gone on since the beginning of time, but mass unchecked migration is stupid stupid stupid. Flat earthers wouldn’t be as dumb to suggest such a policy benefits.
    The dumb policy that resulted in ... Brexit.
    Cuppa tea time
    agree with the above.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    My hero? I didn't even vote for him.

We're talking about he present not the past, what has Thatcher got to do with Central and Eastern European people working in food processing factories in Barnsley?
    This is where history impacts today. It was Maggie and her adivisors who created Single European Act which set in place the objective of establishing the Single Market within the European Community and freedom of movement for workers.

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    Of course it’s nothing to do with Maggie, even if the factory was built on land that was previously a pit.
    I will be try to be kind to Blair because he was smart bloke so I can only assume in his calculations, that the benefits of gaining more potential voters to support labour outweighed the negative
    s of uncontrolled mass migrations.
    The Tory business owners loved it too, cheap labour, undermine trade unions, lower wages. The criminals have had a field day, exploitation of people, extortion, drugs, prostitution.
    Nothing wrong with migration, gone on since the beginning of time, but mass unchecked migration is stupid stupid stupid. Flat earthers wouldn’t be as dumb to suggest such a policy benefits.
    The dumb policy that resulted in ... Brexit.
    Cuppa tea time
    You can have your opinion. But to say free movement of workers is nothing to do with Maggie is simply not true.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    You can have your opinion. But to say free movement of workers is nothing to do with Maggie is simply not true.
    It was established by the Treaty of Maastricht in 1992, that was John Major.

The Tories got rid of Thatcher in 1990 after she went sour on the EC following Delors' speech to the TUC in 1988 where he pledged to overturn her Trade Union reforms, the same speech that won the Labour Party over to the EC's side.

Just a reminder this is a Coronavirus thread not a political lesson thread!

Back on topic, I see a number of photos of men queuing outside barber's shops and don't see a single face mask. Are they not required there? Here businesses are not allowed to serve customers who do not wear face coverings.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post

Back on topic, I see a number of photos of men queuing outside barber's shops and don't see a single face mask. Are they not required there? Here businesses are not allowed to serve customers who do not wear face coverings.
    Grandson 3 year old just been for a trim in sunnyside.
    He was supplied with a mask and wore it without kicking off.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Grandson 3 year old just been for a trim in sunnyside.
    He was supplied with a mask and wore it without kicking off.
    Good lad. All the photos of people having their hair cut show masks being worn but none have them on in the long queues outside. Do people not have to wear them there in supermarkets, shops, buses, offices etc. Mandatory here at the moment.

Only the FFP2 and FFP3 masks give any protection from Coronavirus and we're told to leave them to key workers so what's the point? They may actually cause fungal lung infections if used for too long.

Good lad. All the photos of people having their hair cut show masks being worn but none have them on in the long queues outside. Do people not have to wear them there in supermarkets, shops, buses, offices etc. Mandatory here at the moment.
    Not compulsory in shops .
    Are though on public transport.
    As I said before and some still don't get it.
    Masks can help from a person passing it on.
    Plus it helps to remind you not to rub uour face or stick a digit up your snotter

Anything is better than nothing.
    Cant be doing with the why bother brigade.

I went for my haircut today and at no time wore a mask. Wearing a mask is slightly better than nothing but is no substitute for the sensible precautions that businesses seem to be employing which are mitigating the risk of transmission. Whilst I would have no problem at all with mask wearing being compulsory in whichever environment the government suggested, my observation is that wearing a mask often leads to a false sense of security which means the wearer sometimes does not follow social distancing and improved hygiene which is the route to keeping this virus at a minimum level for the foreseeable future.
    From afar it appears that the US has put wearing a mask as defence number one against the virus which is an error. Not just because of the low effect it has but also because the political element of it has yet again divided that nation and distracted from the things that would cause the virus to be supressed.

Page 52 of 101 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast