+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 80 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (4)

Some weird people out there especially the ones that can’t seem to follow the arrows then look at you like your in wrong I didn’t move back

Some interesting stuff today. WHO reports that the new wave of infections in Europe are primarily among young people. No surprise to me as here they are disregarding social distancing completely now. Also a Professor of epidemiology at Oxford Uni says that after allowing for all factors such as deprivation, housing, jobs, diabetes, obesity they still have a big difference based on ethnicity. For some yet unexplained reason BAME people in the UK are more likely to catch it, more likely to get a severe illness and more likely to die. Towns in Lancashire are starting to get new waves and all have (so far) large South Asian populations. I have no idea if this phenomenon is replicated in other parts of Europe and the world. It's got major implications for the NHS who employ a lot of BAME staff.

Now apparently people over 6ft are more likely to get it.

So if you're a tall, BAME, bald man over 70 you've had it.

Samuel L Jackson must be crapping himself (at least he's not fat).

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Now apparently people over 6ft are more likely to get it.

So if you're a tall, BAME, bald man over 70 you've had it.

Samuel L Jackson must be crapping himself (at least he's not fat).
    NBA and NFL Hall of Fame could be wiped out.

No matter what body shape you are, other doing complete isolation, then the best way to protect yourself is avoid areas with high numbers of asians, afrocarribeans and eastern Europeans

So stop in, order online and nail the windows shut

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    No matter what body shape you are, other doing complete isolation, then the best way to protect yourself is avoid areas with high numbers of asians, afrocarribeans and eastern Europeans

So stop in, order online and nail the windows shut
    You must have different delivery people to me Grist

Utterly bizarre decision by World Snooker to allow spectators at the World Championship. 300 will be allowed in at the Crucible in bubbles of four. I say bizarre because if any sport doesn't really need a crowd it's snooker. The players were not consulted and several are strongly opposed. People - who can attend for the whole 17 days - will not have to wear masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    the best way to protect yourself is avoid areas with high numbers of asians, afrocarribeans and eastern Europeans
    Grist, what we're not being told but I can assure you that scientific experts are well aware is that long after we get a grip on Covid, then just like TB, areas of high BAME populations will remain reservoirs of the disease. There will be dozens of towns and cities (and parts of towns and cities) that only an idiot would visit. This is the true face of John2's multicultural utopia.

Just putting this whole Coronavirus thing into perspective. 150000 deaths now reported in the USA who have a population of 330 million people. That's a 0.04% death rate.
    Approx 35000 people a year die in road traffic accidents
    That's why many people aren't concerned. I include myself in that by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    Just putting this whole Coronavirus thing into perspective. 150000 deaths now reported in the USA who have a population of 330 million people. That's a 0.04% death rate.
    Approx 35000 people a year die in road traffic accidents
    That's why many people aren't concerned. I include myself in that by the way
    YOU are not concerned just hope I'm not in the same place has you.

Page 80 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast