+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 82 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (4)

Wheels already coming off here for baseball who started their season just a week ago and due to positive tests a number of teams and facilities are already quarantined. I'd be surprised if it hasn't all been abandoned by the end of the weekend.

NFL are trying to start their pre-season training but some teams have already announced that if the season goes ahead (Sep-Feb) no fans will be allowed. Other teams are looking at 10-15% capacity but only for fans who sign liability waivers and wear masks. Most fans (80%) are saying they won't go under these conditions.

Not sure how the Premiership and Championship managed to get their seasons finished without any major incidents? Maybe it is out of control in the US compared to the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Grist, as I mentioned on another thread it was amusing listening to Evan Davis on Radio 4 PM last night. He and a female Labour local bureaucrat danced around the subject without once mentioning ethnicity or Muslim. "Why these particular towns?" asked the hapless Davis. The usual suspects of deprivation and poor housing were trotted out. There were carefully coded references to "getting the message across to our communities", "large numbers of inter-generational families", "cultural sensitivities" etc, etc. The BBC and the left will see us all dead rather than risk offending an ethnic minority.
    There are many towns in South Wales ex mining communities, similar housing, lack of jobs and " deprivation" but they for some reason aren't having this particular problem with covid.

What's different?

Yes the thing you can't talk about

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    There are many towns in South Wales ex mining communities, similar housing, lack of jobs and " deprivation" but they for some reason aren't having this particular problem with covid.

What's different?

Same here in North Lancs and in the North East and many parts of Scotland. Poverty, deprivation, dense housing and yet low Covid infection rates. The areas now affected in West Yorkshire, East Lancs and Leicester are like an idiot's guide to South Asian settlement in the UK.

Went passed the mosque near new York stadium and couldn't believe the amount of people who weren't social distancing. I suppose tho that they all lived together in the same house. Looked like we'll over a hundred.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post

What's different?

Welsh Assembly taking a different approach.

On your other note, some Asian communities, if still going to worship, probably won't be helping matters and this does need talking about. Also, many younger people being overly 'gung ho' in their approach - focussed on the 'me me me' side of life rather than also seeing that other folk matter as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Went passed the mosque near new York stadium and couldn't believe the amount of people who weren't social distancing. I suppose tho that they all lived together in the same house. Looked like we'll over a hundred.
    Rotherham is now being flagged as an area of concern.It is not difficult to understand KEEP YOUR DISTANCE and WEAR MASKS inside buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Rotherham is now being flagged as an area of concern.It is not difficult to understand KEEP YOUR DISTANCE and WEAR MASKS inside buildings.
    where have ve you seen or read this?

this was the tiser 2 days ago

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...ures_36399.htm

okay it is not the rate of infections but it gives an indication that things are improving?

Can't find anything about rotherham been an area of concern?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    this was the tiser 2 days ago

https://www.rotherhamadvertiser.co.u...ures_36399.htm

okay it is not the rate of infections but it gives an indication that things are improving?

Can't find anything about rotherham been an area of concern?
    Maybe from here

https://www.thestar.co.uk/health/cor...ngland-2930079

Might have to shut pubs to open schools? Seriously just sort the idiots out that have never attempted to social distance

Page 82 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast