+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (4)

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    That's an interesting read and a vascular dimension to the disease might also explain different death rates around the world. Populations with higher levels of obesity and poor cardiovascular health are potentially at a big disadvantage.
    It's a very odd virus this.

I think they were too quick to rule out it being man-made.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Seems the test and trace is doing well.
    Just need them with symptoms to remember use it
    Figures available soon
    Wouldn't you think that when you invent the system it wouldn't be a difficult part of the info path to have a reporting button for each tracer to press everytime a contact has been made All reporting numbers contacted back to one centre

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post

What could you do differently if it was ?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post

That's a wee bit tinfoil hat, gf. If the science needed to do that has been developed not even a hint of it has got out.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    When will the antibody testing be available though ?
    and how will we know if you can’t catch it twice, ie this coming winter.
    Would be nice to know if I’ve had it. Got offered a Covid test early doors for the over 65’s. Unfortunately it was a 104 mile round trip and I don’t have the resolve of Dominic Cummings...😆
    The latest government position:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...antibody-tests

I don't think they will rush to expand antibody testing, because it's public health value is limited

A private test costs about £60, but watch for cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    The latest government position:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...antibody-tests

I don't think they will rush to expand antibody testing, because it's public health value is limited

A private test costs about £60, but watch for cowboys.

Yes I realise that antibody testing isn’t a priority as track and trace comes on stream.
    Would be good to know if I’ve had the virus, will watch out for the cowboys or better still contact my GP.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Yes I realise that antibody testing isn’t a priority as track and trace comes on stream.
    Would be good to know if I’ve had the virus, will watch out for the cowboys or better still contact my GP.
    Have you still got any symptoms? If so book in

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Seems the test and trace is doing well.
    Just need them with symptoms to remember use it
    What do you mean by 'doing well'? The contact tracers are complaining that they've got nothing to do. Hardly surprising given there are 25,000 of them, infections are declining and the criteria for them getting involved is incredibly tight.

They get involved where:

1. Someone has tested positive for Covid-19
    2. That person supplies a list of people they have spent at least 15 minutes within 6 feet of in the last few days.

Don't know about you, but if I test positive, my list won't be hard to contact because they'll all be living in my house. As should everyone else's list if they've been practicing social distancing.

No wonder they've got nowt to do.

I said from day one that this would be an expensive White Elephant and I've seen nothing yet to change that view.

I saw a job advertisment for a track and trace supervisor. Whatever that is. £27-£34 per hour. 3 month contract. Not bad if you can sit on your Harris all day

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    What do you mean by 'doing well'? The contact tracers are complaining that they've got nothing to do. Hardly surprising given there are 25,000 of them, infections are declining and the criteria for them getting involved is incredibly tight.

They get involved where:

1. Someone has tested positive for Covid-19
    2. That person supplies a list of people they have spent at least 15 minutes within 6 feet of in the last few days.

Don't know about you, but if I test positive, my list won't be hard to contact because they'll all be living in my house. As should everyone else's list if they've been practicing social distancing.

No wonder they've got nowt to do.

I said from day one that this would be an expensive White Elephant and I've seen nothing yet to change that view.
    Not everybody observes social distancing.

I went for a walk yesterday and encountered a group of ten or so ****agers having a kick about in a park. I doubt if they were all from the same household. If the police had turned up to break the gathering up, the reaction could have been such that they were left with no choice but to make arrests, which cannot be easily done whilst socially distanced. Those officers might then have gone home to partners who were also going out to essential work. It goes on.

And social distancing does not eliminate transmission. It merely reduces it. Social distancing outside in a breezy, ultra violet rich environment is very effective. Over a prolonged period in an enclosed space with limited ventilation, it is much less effective..

Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast