+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 62 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (4)

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    How are people who wear glasses meant to wear masks in shops anyway?

Their glasses steam up.

They'd be bumping into people which is hardly good for "social distancing".
    Being a glasses wearer and being subject to mandatory mask wearing in work and all shops/public transport...etc. there are 3 solutions and I've tried them all:-

1. Take your glasses off. Not much good for me as I kept bumping into everything/everyone and can't see to read my computer screen.
    2. Stop breathing. Not much good for me as I kept passing out.
    3. Grin and bear it. I find the longer you have it on the less the problem becomes. Also have a mask that fits tight across the nose helps prevent moist air escaping upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Being a glasses wearer and being subject to mandatory mask wearing in work and all shops/public transport...etc. there are 3 solutions and I've tried them all:-

1. Take your glasses off. Not much good for me as I kept bumping into everything/everyone and can't see to read my computer screen.
    3. Grin and bear it. I find the longer you have it on the less the problem becomes. Also have a mask that fits tight across the nose helps prevent moist air escaping upwards.
    Or

4. Stay at home and do online shopping instead.

how about asking a focally challenged Muslim woman who wears a hijab or burka

They must know what the trick is to keep demisted

Problem is you might not made welcome by talking to them as this would be perceived (by them) as unwanted male attention

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    So from that I summise that Blackadder's two pencils up the nose will work just about as well as anything else

Wash your specs in warm water with washing up liquid in it.

Let them drain and dry without using a cloth, do not polish them.

The very thin layer left behind on the glass prevents misting.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Wash your specs in warm water with washing up liquid in it.

Let them drain and dry without using a cloth, do not polish them.

The very thin layer left behind on the glass prevents misting.
    Not according to the expert analysis done on the clip Exile posted. I've taken the lenses out of my glasses and now all I have to put up with is foggy vision cause by cataract development.

Not according to the expert analysis done on the clip Exile posted. I've taken the lenses out of my glasses and now all I have to put up with is foggy vision cause by cataract development.
    Did you try the two pencils up nose ?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Did you try the two pencils up nose ?
    Works a treat as it keeps the mask well away from my glasses. Also handy when you need something to write with. Gets a few odd looks in the shops but I just wibble and they move on

I've finally worked out who IBS is. Moved to the states, has a dodgy hairstyle, orange skin and masquerades as the leader of the free world

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-ide...152649383.html

Page 62 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast