+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 61 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I see we’ve had a “blip” on a farm in Herefordshire, 73 testing positive in a staff of 200

All Eastern European cheap labour of course.
    They and the fruit pickers you refer to later are all essential workers who have kept the shops stocked and the UK fed throughout the pandemic.

They have risked their lives to keep you fed. They should be offered the same respect as NHS workers or other essential workers, not slagged off on a message board.

I agree, Wan.

I went for a walk at the weekend, went passed one house where there was a garden party / gathering. About 20 people, didn’t seem to be much sign of social distancing.
    I checked my location. I wasn’t in Barnsley.
    Walked through some pea fields, took me back to my ****age days of potato and pea picking. Earnt enough for my season tickets and millers away days.
    Why don’t kids do that anymore?
    No real requirement to have people travelling across Europe en mass to pick crops.
    Easier to sit at home and take handouts, play on iPhones, for exercise go on protest marches, vandalise statues.
    Definitely something wrong nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Probably been talking to gm_gm as he is a keen exponent of the public using common sense
    Isn't that right gm?
    I did say I didn’t need the government to tell me how to interact safely as I will employ common sense, I doubt whether everyone else will do the same

Quote Originally Posted by millersrus View Post
    Easier to sit at home and take handouts, play on iPhones, for exercise go on protest marches, vandalise statues.
    Definitely something wrong nowadays.
    Always makes me smile. If folks didn't protest about things most people would still be serfs at best and slaves at worst. People over the ages have made a lot of sacrifices in life to give humans basic rights including giving up their lives for causes. Would you like to slip back to those days again millersrus?

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I did say I didn’t need the government to tell me how to interact safely as I will employ common sense, I doubt whether everyone else will do the same
    So when some plonkers don't use common sense & risk infecting others, then what?
    It's with this in mind we need instruction
    It's taken Johnson a long time to find common sense & then gets contradicted by another idiot Gove
    Put that light out as Hodges would demand

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    They and the fruit pickers you refer to later are all essential workers who have kept the shops stocked and the UK fed throughout the pandemic.

They have risked their lives to keep you fed. They should be offered the same respect as NHS workers or other essential workers, not slagged off on a message board.
    That's as big a load of *******s as I've ever read on this message board

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    That's as big a load of *******s as I've ever read on this message board
    Im sure youve read worse. Do you ever read back over your own posts.

How are people who wear glasses meant to wear masks in shops anyway?

Their glasses steam up.

They'd be bumping into people which is hardly good for "social distancing".

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    How are people who wear glasses meant to wear masks in shops anyway?

Their glasses steam up.

They'd be bumping into people which is hardly good for "social distancing".
    There are ways of preventing glasses steaming up

Page 61 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast