Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
Nothing wrong with asking you to back up your figures. You're figures are wrong and you know it. You have tried explaining Aberdeen's covid situation as caused by their South Asian contingent but all evidence and actions revolve around the city centre bars, which include the footballing staff who contracted Covid there. Do Aberdeen have any South Asian footballers.

As usual I'm not saying that there is no problem with some communities not following the lockdown, it may well be happening in some cases, but I worry at your desperation and obsession to point all problems at one community without evidence to back it up? Were you not a little embarrassed and ashamed when John showed that the outbreak in Blackburn was shown to be not possibly down to the mosque gathering that you guys had spent days desperately blaming? I assume he was right, as no one got back to him to demonstrate he was wrong? I'd be so embarrassed is that happened to me!
As usual you show scant respect for the truth. No one "blamed" the mosque gathering for anything. It was absolutely clear the timing was off. What people on here said was that the mosque acted irresponsibly and illegally in allowing 250 mourners and that given the relatively low numbers required for a spike in Covid cases it was entirely possible for a single event involving 250 people to cause the spike. This was shown by the Aberdeen pub incident and various other cases here and abroad. John2 started the nonsense by his claim that it was "absurd" to suggest a single event could be responsible in a town which he wrongly thought had a population of "hundreds of thousands." I haven't seen his apology for getting that wrong.