+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 101 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (4)

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Not everybody observes social distancing.

I went for a walk yesterday and encountered a group of ten or so ****agers having a kick about in a park. I doubt if they were all from the same household. If the police had turned up to break the gathering up, the reaction could have been such that they were left with no choice but to make arrests, which cannot be easily done whilst socially distanced. Those officers might then have gone home to partners who were also going out to essential work. It goes on.

And social distancing does not eliminate transmission. It merely reduces it. Social distancing outside in a breezy, ultra violet rich environment is very effective. Over a prolonged period in an enclosed space with limited ventilation, it is much less effective..
    I think the concept of social distancing has completely gone out of the window here in just about every city, large and small, with what's been happening the past week. Looters don't seem too concerned at keeping 2m apart although at least they are mostly wearing masks.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I saw a job advertisment for a track and trace supervisor. Whatever that is. £27-£34 per hour. 3 month contract. Not bad if you can sit on your Harris all day
    I was think same, it’s just something else for people to moan about.
    I’ve found quite a few people very childish over this lockdown then there’s selfishness

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I think the concept of social distancing has completely gone out of the window here in just about every city, large and small, with what's been happening the past week. Looters don't seem too concerned at keeping 2m apart although at least they are mostly wearing masks.
    There have been some demonstrations in the UK too, but I haven't seen any reports of looting.

On Twitter, I have seen some users who were very vocal about Cheltenham going ahead tweeting in full support of the mass protest gatherings...

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It’s definitely gone out of window in certain places here.
    I fully understand the protesting over there but it looks like some have just gone to cause trouble, they’re not making it easy for the cause imo

Many people are getting complacent there's no doubt about it .

Weeks of lockdown , extremely good weather , bank holiday weekends , the death toll falling , the easing of restrictions and the Cummings affair .

Although my own view is that if someone uses the Cummings affair as an excuse to do whatever they want they are completely stupid .

Personally I won't be taking any chances as much as I'd like to go to the coast , I won't be going ever again if I catch this thing and pass away will I .

Nowts changed for me , this thing is very much still with us and it wouldn't take much for it to hit us again and a second wave .

We could visit my partners mum , visit my step daughter , partner and grandson who we haven't seen since the middle of March .

Not happening as much as its difficult .

We'd sooner over estimate this thing than be complacent is our logic .

New national safety instructions now being broadcast on TalkSport Radio. Don't know if it applies to toffs, government advisers, etc though , as previous instructions obviously didn't!

Last bit is... "Whatever you do, DON'T go visiting Uncle Monty in the Lake District"

Wise words - they have must have been reading Millersmad.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    New national safety instructions now being broadcast on TalkSport Radio. Don't know if it applies to toffs, government advisers, etc though , as previous instructions obviously didn't!

Last bit is... "Whatever you do, DON'T go visiting Uncle Monty in the Lake District"

. Does all the above apply to labour mps as well. You seem to have missed them out. An oversight I'm sure. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Not everybody observes social distancing.

I went for a walk yesterday and encountered a group of ten or so ****agers having a kick about in a park. I doubt if they were all from the same household. If the police had turned up to break the gathering up, the reaction could have been such that they were left with no choice but to make arrests, which cannot be easily done whilst socially distanced. Those officers might then have gone home to partners who were also going out to essential work. It goes on.

And social distancing does not eliminate transmission. It merely reduces it. Social distancing outside in a breezy, ultra violet rich environment is very effective. Over a prolonged period in an enclosed space with limited ventilation, it is much less effective..
    I appreciate all that, but you've just explained why this system isn't effective in its current form. Those ****agers aren't even going to get tested because they probably won't feel ill with it, and people who can't social distance because of their job won't be in a position to give information on people they've been in contact with.

My question is, under what circumstances would you be within 6 feet of someone for 15 minutes, outside of your own family, and be willing or able to give that information to tracers? If the current inactivity is anything to go by, hardly any circumstances at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post

Good to see you back mikemiller and a bit of sanity back on the board...I've had a bit of a run in with your old pal but we are best of mates now...

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    What do you mean by 'doing well'? The contact tracers are complaining that they've got nothing to do. Hardly surprising given there are 25,000 of them, infections are declining and the criteria for them getting involved is incredibly tight.

They get involved where:

1. Someone has tested positive for Covid-19
    2. That person supplies a list of people they have spent at least 15 minutes within 6 feet of in the last few days.

Don't know about you, but if I test positive, my list won't be hard to contact because they'll all be living in my house. As should everyone else's list if they've been practicing social distancing.

No wonder they've got nowt to do.

I said from day one that this would be an expensive White Elephant and I've seen nothing yet to change that view.
    I'm round lots of people all the time and have been all lockdown because of working so my list would be much bigger. Different rules apply to social care though and no one I've been around at work would be advised to self Isolate.

Page 13 of 101 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast