+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 101 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (4)

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I read that article a few days ago. It confirms the issue with trying to make death rate comparisons at this time. It won't stop people doing it though if it serves their political purposes.
    Indeed. Like when your purpose is the slate the China Government (not sticking up for China btw - Im totally neutral on this).

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Hong Kong has 4 deaths with 8m and density of 7082. Singapore 22 deaths with 6m and density 7866.
    Obviously having experience of similar epidemic threats and probably being nations accustomed to wearing face masks had a huge benefit, possibly also associated to having only a few and quickly closed /monitored points of entry?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Obviously having experience of similar epidemic threats and probably being nations accustomed to wearing face masks had a huge benefit, possibly also associated to having only a few and quickly closed /monitored points of entry?
    Of course. And agree they had experience regarding SARS. Why then did we not learn from it? My comments the mm messageboard wont influence Gov policy, but I did say it early on.

The border between HK and China was shut early. Travellers in to HK were quarantined for 14 days from the start. The country went into lockdown early. They were advised to wear masks (and still are). Temperature is checked at borders and on entry to hotels, factories and offices. All stuff we dismissed as irrelevant.

There was lots to learn from China too (like testing, and shutting down regions to contain the spread). But the Chinese were dismissed as disgusting lying con artists - while we were following world class science.

Indeed. Like when your purpose is the slate the China Government (not sticking up for China btw - Im totally neutral on this).
    Slate the Chinese government? Do you mean that I pointed out that the initial response of government officials in Wuhan was to try to silence doctors who were trying to share information about the new illness?

Why does me posting about that trouble you so much? Are you a fan of repressive governments that appear to care more about their reputation than public health?

Weird.

UK leads way as nations endorse landmark pledge to make coronavirus vaccines and treatments available to all

Countries from around the world today joined the UK in pledging to give everyone equal access to new coronavirus vaccines and treatments around the world.
    Countries from around the world today (Friday, 24 April) joined the UK in pledging to give everyone equal access to new coronavirus vaccines and treatments around the world. The move is aimed at boosting global supply of the vaccine, once one is approved for use, to help prevent a second wave of the pandemic.
    The UK is one of the biggest supporters of the global effort to find a coronavirus vaccine, providing £250 million to international research on the disease to the Centre for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations. It is also one of the biggest supporters of the WHO and Gavi, the Global Vaccine Alliance, which distributes vaccines in the poorest countries.

UK scientists at Oxford and Imperial College London Universities are also leading efforts to develop a working vaccine. Human trials started this week in Oxford, and the government has given £42.5 million in funding to support clinical trials at both institutions.

The UK confirmed today that it will co-host a Coronavirus Global Response Summit on 4 May, aiming to raise £7 billion to develop vaccines, treatments and tests to help end the coronavirus pandemic.

Slate the Chinese government? Do you mean that I pointed out that the initial response of government officials in Wuhan was to try to silence doctors who were trying to share information about the new illness?

Why does me posting about that trouble you so much? Are you a fan of repressive governments that appear to care more about their reputation than public health?

Weird.
    Not unlike Trump who cares more about his reputation

Weird

Of course. And agree they had experience regarding SARS. Why then did we not learn from it? My comments the mm messageboard wont influence Gov policy, but I did say it early on.

The border between HK and China was shut early. Travellers in to HK were quarantined for 14 days from the start. The country went into lockdown early. They were advised to wear masks (and still are). Temperature is checked at borders and on entry to hotels, factories and offices. All stuff we dismissed as irrelevant.

There was lots to learn from China too (like testing, and shutting down regions to contain the spread). But the Chinese were dismissed as disgusting lying con artists - while we were following world class science.
    lots to learn from China? What like how to eat cats n dogs and most known species of animals. Wet markets. They have given this virus to the world. Four hundred thousand deaths world wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    lots to learn from China? What like how to eat cats n dogs and most known species of animals. Wet markets. They have given this virus to the world. Four hundred thousand deaths world wide.
    Yes they should be the ones paying for any medical care

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Not unlike Trump who cares more about his reputation

Weird
    I think you may be confused and have posted on the wrong thread, Zyles.

Weird.
    Lol. I know you are simply trying to deflect away fro me pointing out your blindingly obvious inconsistencies. When it suits.

Predictable.

Page 16 of 101 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast