+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (4)

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Sporting/virus story to warm the cockles of your heart (NOT). Baseball here should have started in March and they are trying to get it started and complete about a half season (82 of 162 games). As there will be no income from fans the proposal from the owners is that players on $35M will take a 75% pay cut on a sliding scale down to players on minimum wage of $600K taking a 50% pay cut. So called "Superagent" Scott Boras has advised his many clients to 'not bail out their employers' and refuse the deal. I suppose living on just $9M for 4-5 months work is a hardship.
    All depends on their outgoings 😂.

Some folk just live to their means. Look at the likes of poor Elton John or Jacko when he was alive. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    What basis do you let it out?
    It wouldn't qualify. It's usually on a long term let or in some cases as a charitable venture when we get tenants who think paying rent is optional. If it's vacant in July we have sometimes let it as a holiday let for a week when the British Grand Prix is on and for that week we usually get equivalent to 6 months normal let.

I’ve just read the article you linked as I hadn’t read anything about it.

There’s two sides to the argument. Owners have had to turn away bookings and certainly have to pay for the upkeep of their properties.

£10k is generous In these times though.

Not so sure about it being a loophole.

I genuinely got to know from a phone call from the relevant local authority where mine is. Asked me why I hadn’t applied yet. 😳

4000 applications had already been submitted. That’s one council.
    Last edited by howdydoo; 29-05-2020 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    When we know what their advisers were telling them and can see the details of the decision making, we will be able to assess their performance from an informed position. Trying to do it now helps nobody and risks making unfair judgements. If the eventual conclusion is that 'they did their best' then surely we could ask for no more?
    Would you agree that it is fair to say the UK government was one of the slowest countries in Europe to introduce lock down (relative to known cases/death rate) and seemed for a time to be operating on advice that was contradictory to the noises coming out of almost every other nation in Europe?

Also, if our panel of advisers got it wrong and every other European nation's did a better job, who should accountable for that?

If you are following the ‘best scientific advice’ at the time, are you not doing it with the best of intentions?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    I’ve just read the article you linked as I hadn’t read anything about it.

There’s two sides to the argument. Owners have had to turn away bookings and certainly have to pay for the upkeep of their properties.

£10k is generous In these times though.

Not so sure about it being a loophole.

I genuinely got to know from a phone call from the relevant local authority where mine is. Asked me why I hadn’t applied yet. 😳

4000 applications had already been submitted. That’s one council.
    Do you get the rates waived too?

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Do you get the rates waived too?
    Always. You pay for for refuse collection.

Change is coming on that score.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Test and track service then or is there any other word you’d like to use?
    They can also make it compulsory if need to
    No thanks, I'm happy to use the right one rather than one for something completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    No thanks, I'm happy to use the right one rather than one for something completely different.
    So your happy to use it now then?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    So your happy to use it now then?
    The service or the term for it?

I'm happy with the term 'test and trace'. As for the service itself, as it stands, I think it's a complete waste of time and money.

Page 6 of 101 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast