+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 85 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (4)

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Nothing wrong with asking you to back up your figures. You're figures are wrong and you know it. You have tried explaining Aberdeen's covid situation as caused by their South Asian contingent but all evidence and actions revolve around the city centre bars, which include the footballing staff who contracted Covid there. Do Aberdeen have any South Asian footballers.

As usual I'm not saying that there is no problem with some communities not following the lockdown, it may well be happening in some cases, but I worry at your desperation and obsession to point all problems at one community without evidence to back it up? Were you not a little embarrassed and ashamed when John showed that the outbreak in Blackburn was shown to be not possibly down to the mosque gathering that you guys had spent days desperately blaming? I assume he was right, as no one got back to him to demonstrate he was wrong? I'd be so embarrassed is that happened to me!
    As usual you show scant respect for the truth. No one "blamed" the mosque gathering for anything. It was absolutely clear the timing was off. What people on here said was that the mosque acted irresponsibly and illegally in allowing 250 mourners and that given the relatively low numbers required for a spike in Covid cases it was entirely possible for a single event involving 250 people to cause the spike. This was shown by the Aberdeen pub incident and various other cases here and abroad. John2 started the nonsense by his claim that it was "absurd" to suggest a single event could be responsible in a town which he wrongly thought had a population of "hundreds of thousands." I haven't seen his apology for getting that wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    As usual you show scant respect for the truth. No one "blamed" the mosque gathering for anything. It was absolutely clear the timing was off. What people on here said was that the mosque acted irresponsibly and illegally in allowing 250 mourners and that given the relatively low numbers required for a spike in Covid cases it was entirely possible for a single event involving 250 people to cause the spike. This was shown by the Aberdeen pub incident and various other cases here and abroad. John2 started the nonsense by his claim that it was "absurd" to suggest a single event could be responsible in a town which he wrongly thought had a population of "hundreds of thousands." I haven't seen his apology for getting that wrong.
    Is your post here from less than two weeks ago implicating the funeral with the high infection rates :

"The Blackburn funeral incident is symptomatic of an attitude of mind that is very much responsible for the high rates of infection. Local Muslim politicians complain now about "racism" and scapegoating. Pity they didn't use their influence to stop 250 attending a funeral."

Is your post here from less than two weeks ago implicating the funeral with the high infection rates :

"The Blackburn funeral incident is symptomatic of an attitude of mind that is very much responsible for the high rates of infection. Local Muslim politicians complain now about "racism" and scapegoating. Pity they didn't use their influence to stop 250 attending a funeral."
    That’s a perfectly worded post criticising poor attitude and blatant disregard of social distancing rules. You have a massive bee in your bonnet over this Aberdeen breakout. Your points are valid.

It doesn’t detract from clear indications, most recent lockdowns appear to be in areas which are more heavily populated by Asians. If the message isn’t getting through and if the BAME community are more susceptible to Covid-19, shouldn’t we be searching for the root cause, rather than point scoring?

Can we discuss that without calling everyone racist or xenophobic?

You’re fanning the flames to get a rise out of certain posters.

I think it’s a poor show.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    That’s a perfectly worded post criticising poor attitude and blatant disregard of social distancing rules. You have a massive bee in your bonnet over this Aberdeen breakout. Your points are valid.

It doesn’t detract from clear indications, most recent lockdowns appear to be in areas which are more heavily populated by Asians. If the message isn’t getting through and if the BAME community are more susceptible to Covid-19, shouldn’t we be searching for the root cause, rather than point scoring?

Can we discuss that without calling everyone racist or xenophobic?

You’re fanning the flames to get a rise out of certain posters.

I think it’s a poor show.
    We could discuss the incidents Howdy but why do you think that certain posters only want to talk about the incidents that involve non white people breaking the rules but not white British doing the same thing? And even then, when pointed out the Aberdeen demographic, it being implicated that it was due to their own non British demographic and then lying about the number of south Asians in Aberdeen?

I don't have a problem with any topic being discussed, but I do have a problem when people mislead us with wilfully or ignorantly sourced data to try and plug their politics. So I call it out and point out the inconsistencies. You might think that some posters are not bigoted or xenophobic but I think that when people feel emboldened enough to talk about "filthy cultures bring their filthy culture over here" then we're in that ballpark. I haven't accused anyone of racism although monty has admitted to being "a bit racist"! Why not take him up on that for self abuse? 🙂

Raging, don't take this personally but if you think I'm wasting time providing you with information then think again. Last week when I mentioned 11 boats and 100 migrants landing at Dover you called me a liar, suggesting there were no such boats. The actual figure for that day was over 20 boats and 202 migrants.
    The figure of 202 was the next day. You were simply plucking figures out of thin air for the day you mentioned as no such numbers existed for that day. However, you deliberately worded it with specifics to make it look as if you were taking it from a researched source. I am suggesting you're doing it again with the postcodes but am happy to stand to be corrected. So prove you have evidence for this.

You really are a pr*ck. My post supports exactly what I said it did. How the heck does a numpty like you get to head a college? You don't seem able to grasp that I said "an attitude of mind" NOT a particular event was responsible for high rates of infection.

You really are a pr*ck. My post supports exactly what I said it did. How the heck does a numpty like you get to head a college? You don't seem able to grasp that I said "an attitude of mind" NOT a particular event was responsible for high rates of infection.
    Yes, in just the same way that another poster linked the event with the increase in the virus but gave himself the get out of saying "co-incidence?" As I've said numerous times, I'm all for fair minded, impartial discussion of the problem, and the buy in to social distancing from different communities and locations may well prove to be part of the problem, but the jumping to conclusions or making indirect insinuations with little actual evidence or ignoring of other evidence of covid leaps in white brit 'post codes' show a huge bias and willingness to believe anything that backs up your politics.

Oh, talking of post codes, I can't find any that back up your post. What post codes are you referring to?

OT) Vaccine for covid

Apparently the first vaccine for covid had been developed in Russia they will be mass produced in September I’m hearing there’s no name but it could be called covichok
    Last edited by Silly-miller; 11-08-2020 at 03:08 PM.

God help us

They called it sputnik

Page 85 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast