+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 101 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Coronavirus Thread (4)

Channel 4 have released some information on the "successful" test and trace system.

https://www.channel4.com/news/reveal...channel-4-news

If I understand that correctly, about 40% of people testing positive have signed up for the test and trace system. And the tracing teams have contacted about 36% of the 'leads they've been given.

So 25,000 tracers have managed to contact 1,700 people in four days. One contact for every 14 tracers. By my reckoning that will be somewhere in the order of £8 million in wages or £4,700 per contact made. How many of those contacts had the virus or changed their behaviour as a result of the contact is anyone's guess.

And this is what Matt Hancock calls a success.
    Last edited by Lasterman; 02-06-2020 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    That's an interesting read and a vascular dimension to the disease might also explain different death rates around the world. Populations with higher levels of obesity and poor cardiovascular health are potentially at a big disadvantage.
    Kerr, I refer to an earlier post on this subject on which you answered my question regarding how the deaths were recorded. You explained why the deaths were being recorded in various ways but your answer did not acknowledge the fact that this would skew the figures and exaggerate them. I really think the figures are so varied because there is no consistency across the globe how deaths are recorded.

Dr John Lee (probably not as qualified as John 2) goes into this in the spectator.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...tional-scandal

I read that article a few days ago. It confirms the issue with trying to make death rate comparisons at this time. It won't stop people doing it though if it serves their political purposes.

Lies, damn lies and medical statistics

I bet all of those people crowded together on the protest march in London had been castigating Cummings the week before.

Look at how crowded they are, yet the police are persecuting dog walkers and sunbathers.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZmNRhpX...jpg&name=large
    Last edited by great_fire; 03-06-2020 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    I bet all of those people crowded together on the protest march in London had been castigating Cummings the week before.

Look at how crowded they are, yet the police are persecuting dog walkers and sunbathers.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZmNRhpX...jpg&name=large
    They probably think sheep are immune

Usual stuff though, rent a mob backed by the bleating sheep.

There are a lot of selfish people about.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    They probably think sheep are immune

Usual stuff though, rent a mob backed by the bleating sheep.

There are a lot of selfish people about.
    I think sheep are immune ya numpty

When the virus kicks off again with a vengeance in London we'll all know why .15000 protestors jammed into Hyde Park !!

“Don’t meet up indoors now the weather is changing”

Don’t waste your breath Boris

Face masks compulsory on public transport from 15 June, bit of an "about-face."

Page 14 of 101 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast