+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Outwood’s Lockdown Rant

Outwood’s Lockdown Rant

There should be a Speakers Corner in Manchester there really should but even if there was I couldn’t go there because I have been self-isolating or shielding since March 24 so you lot are going to be the grateful or otherwise recipients of my rant instead. So far as Dominic Cummings is concerned his cross country meanderings have all taken place since Mrs Outwood and I began following Government advice. I don’t care which party politicians or senior public figures adhere to I expect them to lead by example and he has not. It isn’t much to ask is it but my rot with the political establishment began with the expenses scandal and positively snowballed when a cabal of remainer MPs just stuck two fingers up to 17 million of the electorate over Brexit. I have become increasingly disillusioned with the BBC and journalism as a whole as I have tried to nurse my sometimes fragile mental state through the Coronavirus crisis. In fact I don’t watch the news on TV anymore though Mrs Outwood God bless her does like to tune in. I am sickened by the constant carping from some quarters about this country. I could swear they hate it, our history and our flags. I am stuck in lockdown and will be until June 15th when we may well receive another letter with revised guidance. At the moment I feel I am being fed a diet of fakes including sad to say fake football in empty stadiums. I want to see real leadership with guts determination pride and not least some hope. Is that too much to ask? Probably sadly it is.

Cheer up old chap, this nightmare will soon be over.

I have said before on here many times that no-one does hypocrisy quite like the Tories. The rules were crystal clear: anyone with symptoms of coronavirus should not leave their home. Did Dom have the symptoms? If he did, his mission to Durham would have helped spread the virus. No good asking a Tory about a “conscience” because quite simply they do not have one.

My real concern at present is that my worse fears have been realised. Boris Johnson is totally not fit for the office of Prime Minister, he never was, nor he ever will be.

Please send my personal best wishes to Mrs Outwood and if you need anything, just ask?

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    There should be a Speakers Corner in Manchester there really should but even if there was I couldn’t go there because I have been self-isolating or shielding since March 24 so you lot are going to be the grateful or otherwise recipients of my rant instead. So far as Dominic Cummings is concerned his cross country meanderings have all taken place since Mrs Outwood and I began following Government advice. I don’t care which party politicians or senior public figures adhere to I expect them to lead by example and he has not. It isn’t much to ask is it but my rot with the political establishment began with the expenses scandal and positively snowballed when a cabal of remainer MPs just stuck two fingers up to 17 million of the electorate over Brexit. I have become increasingly disillusioned with the BBC and journalism as a whole as I have tried to nurse my sometimes fragile mental state through the Coronavirus crisis. In fact I don’t watch the news on TV anymore though Mrs Outwood God bless her does like to tune in. I am sickened by the constant carping from some quarters about this country. I could swear they hate it, our history and our flags. I am stuck in lockdown and will be until June 15th when we may well receive another letter with revised guidance. At the moment I feel I am being fed a diet of fakes including sad to say fake football in empty stadiums. I want to see real leadership with guts determination pride and not least some hope. Is that too much to ask? Probably sadly it is.
    Nice rant Outwood, however, when you calm down and look at things objectively, you will come to the conclusion that we have not had any leaders for man years, most politicians are in the job for their own benefit and their constituents are way down on their list, the media is fuelled by whoever is running their particular show and each organisation has an agenda.
    They only tell you what they want you to know and will continue to do so and there will always be us and them.
    Just the observations from a happy and contented individual who has woken up this morning to another sunny day and is happy. Off to get my niece's dog for a wander in the woods for a couple of hours ---self isolation at its best.

I hope that you manage to stay sane and that you and Mrs O will be OK at the other end of all this ---whenever that is.
    In the meantime, please feel free to rant away on here ---you will always get some sort of response!

Our Doris Johnson has confirmed what other Governments have been doing to us for years, treating us like Monkeys in not giving a flying phuck how we interpret "Their" words on anything from which has any v!tal importance like a Virus that has crippled the entire world, down to trivial ways in which we express ourselves in words with all the PC nonsense which seems more important to this lot.

To run a Country you have to treat it like a business, you don't see meek mild businessmen who are at the top of their game, they are ruthless, this is something Doris has failed to do, he's toothless, he comes across and would like everyone to think he's ruthless, but he's far far from that, he has laughed at everyone who obeyed "His" orders, who could not visit dying relatives in Hospital, who could not attend their funeral, He's taken the whole of the UK as idiots for not sacking Cummings, for venturing over 260 miles across our Country, taking a 30 mile round trip car ride to see if he was capable of doing it, Cummings excuses were and are as lame as they come, I don't care if Cummings is going anyway when Brexit is finalised, its besides the point, he has trashed Doris', his own and the Governments guidelines and been allowed to get away with it, making Doris (In my eyes anyway) very inept and a puppet of the highest magnitude as a so called PM of our Country.

At the time of Cummings ventures across the Country there was NO special advice on certain criteria, the message was simple: Stay indoors, you are ONLY allowed out for an hour to exercise, to visit a shop for v!tal food supplies and visit the Pharmacy for medication, NO IFS BUTS OR MAYBES FOR ANYTHING ELSE !

You are a joke Boris Johnson, as someone above has said, you and people like you have no conscience, you twist and change your words to suit your agenda, but some of us have long memories, fortunately though, for the elite there are to many who are easily led and taken as I've said above, as Monkeys.

Bravo Alto!

No arguments from me on any of that.

Mrs Outwood and me just waiting now for the update on whether our personal shielding has to be extended beyond June 15th or if we will get some easing of the rules. I’m not asking to be given a Cummings free pass but a little more leeway would be welcome. In the meantime I will be continuing in the same vein. I’m still standing (ranting) after all this time. I am not thrilled by the prospect of football returning to empty stadiums. It isn’t football for me. It is just money talking. Money, yes money and on that score the PL must be licking their lips in secret at the prospect of the projected 300 million take over of Newcastle by a Saudi state consortium. Fit and proper persons? Not in my book, not on this page. Let me know when the real football begins. The games I can take my granddaughters to-coz they are asking when can we go. I’m still standing after all this time.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)