+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 77 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2020/21

thats good detective work

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    Is there a category below underwhelming? Still he has an Aberdeen born grandparent so it's the only team he ever wanted to play for... possibly
    Subwhelming? With 29 goals in 157 appearances he could be the replacement for Darren Mackie we've always wanted. What happened to looking at an international level striker though?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Mikael Mandron - Gillingham.
    a 25 year old, 6’3” donkey who’s goals record is pish.
    Hopefully won’t happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    Is there a category below underwhelming? Still he has an Aberdeen born grandparent so it's the only team he ever wanted to play for... possibly
    Quote Originally Posted by eastnuekdon View Post
    Subwhelming? With 29 goals in 157 appearances he could be the replacement for Darren Mackie we've always wanted. What happened to looking at an international level striker though?
    Keeping up the old tradition of dismissing players before they have signed, let alone pull on the red shirt I see

Whilst it might appear underwhelming, there's no reason why he could not be a fit up here.
    He's scored more lower league goals than our own Ballon D'Or

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Keeping up the old tradition of dismissing players before they have signed, let alone pull on the red shirt I see

Whilst it might appear underwhelming, there's no reason why he could not be a fit up here.
    He's scored more lower league goals than our own Ballon D'Or
    You are correct, i should be more positive. My only excuse is that we now have to shop in Poundland and it's very seldom you get any diamonds in there

But you can get raspberry flavoured fry’s creams which are fine, and possibly more entertaining than a signing from Gillingham.

It's always exciting to see a post from mainstandmoan. His/her information is so consistently reliable.

That said, I loathe the phrase "he could do a job for us". For me it just always seems to convey a lack of ambition. The subtext seems to be "they're nothing special but they'll add something to the team". I can't remember the last time we signed a striker that I was genuinely excited about. And without a really good striker I'm not sure how we're supposed to succeed. Can't we push McGinn into a central position and try pairing him up with Anderson or someone else? At least he's got technique, he knows where the goals are and he scored a barrel load when Pa Broon first brought him here.

It always feels to me like no matter how good a midfield we put together we always seem to lack quality up front (or certainly have since Rooney was in his pomp, recognising his limitations).

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    It's always exciting to see a post from mainstandmoan. His/her information is so consistently reliable.

That said, I loathe the phrase "he could do a job for us". For me it just always seems to convey a lack of ambition. The subtext seems to be "they're nothing special but they'll add something to the team". I can't remember the last time we signed a striker that I was genuinely excited about. And without a really good striker I'm not sure how we're supposed to succeed. Can't we push McGinn into a central position and try pairing him up with Anderson or someone else? At least he's got technique, he knows where the goals are and he scored a barrel load when Pa Broon first brought him here.

It always feels to me like no matter how good a midfield we put together we always seem to lack quality up front (or certainly have since Rooney was in his pomp, recognising his limitations).
    The quote was "he will do a job for us".

Maybe this Mandron or whatever he's called is a fall back option if the boy MSM was talking about doesn't work out? Or maybe this lad is a cheap replacement for Cosgrove and the guy MSM is a different type of forward altogether.

I'd like to see a bit more of McGinn in the central role this season, alongside a main striker. I'm not convinced it'll happen though as we seem to have a load of central midfielders to try and fit in somewhere - my guess is Ferguson will be deployed as the advanced midfielder, or maybe Bryson if he's ever fit. Also got Hedges and Wright to fit in somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Maybe this Mandron or whatever he's called is a fall back option if the boy MSM was talking about doesn't work out? Or maybe this lad is a cheap replacement for Cosgrove and the guy MSM is a different type of forward altogether.

I'd like to see a bit more of McGinn in the central role this season, alongside a main striker. I'm not convinced it'll happen though as we seem to have a load of central midfielders to try and fit in somewhere - my guess is Ferguson will be deployed as the advanced midfielder, or maybe Bryson if he's ever fit. Also got Hedges and Wright to fit in somewhere.
    Or maybe MainStandMoan's real aim was to give us positive news after the negativity of hearing that club so readily capitulated to the French outfit's opening offer.

The club doesn't need negativity at this time when it's trying to swindle the supporters into buying season tickets for matches that they still might not see even with a limited capacity.

I have my doubts about the liklihood of the 'International striker' signing...

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Or maybe MainStandMoan's real aim was to give us positive news after the negativity of hearing that club so readily capitulated to the French outfit's opening offer.

The club doesn't need negativity at this time when it's trying to swindle the supporters into buying season tickets for matches that they still might not see even with a limited capacity.

I have my doubts about the liklihood of the 'International striker' signing...
    When it comes to MSM then what he say's i believe to be true, if it doesnt play out as he says then il be surprised,the only person being negative is you

Page 16 of 77 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast