+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2020/21

Good deal to get that much for those two donkeys. Consi and Main are better

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    Good deal to get that much for those two donkeys. Consi and Main are better

Bit early to start drinking at that time in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Bit early to start drinking at that time in the evening.
    To be fair it’s quite difficult to drink with your tongue firmly in your cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Mainstandmoan is on holiday so you lot will have to trust my judgment of what will happen.....

Cosgrove will be sold along with Scott McKenna for a total of approximately £6.5m. We will sign a striker who will be surprisingly better than we expect but the central defender we replace McKenna with will take more time to adjust. That will be all our major transfer dealings. A few young lads will be loaned out.

Once Mainstandmoan is back then I stand to be corrected but until then that’s what’s happening!
    No holidays here unfortunately.

No real update to report, other than to calm the fires on Rhodes or Fletcher, its not any of them. The international striker does have a year on his contract though, so may take a bit of time, and may even be a January pre-contract. In terms of Cosgrove, his preference is England (as is AFC's), although there is interest from Glasgow from the both of them, so time will tell. Don't expect any further action before the opening day of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by mainstandmoan View Post

No real update to report, other than to calm the fires on Rhodes or Fletcher, its not any of them. The international striker does have a year on his contract though, so may take a bit of time, and may even be a January pre-contract. In terms of Cosgrove, his preference is England (as is AFC's), although there is interest from Glasgow from the both of them, so time will tell. Don't expect any further action before the opening day of the season.
    English clubs can pay £3m
    The Glasgow clubs can pay £10m or feck off :-)
    I reckon Stoke or the likes will get him

MSM, can I just ask you one thing?
    I won’t ask if you have a name for the striker.
    I won’t ask if you can name the nationality.
    All I’ll ask is do you know the nationality of the alleged striker we’re interested in?
    Last edited by RedStarTorphins; 23-07-2020 at 03:55 PM.

perhaps the south american attacker that we were in for on January deadline day?

Quote Originally Posted by mainstandmoan View Post

No real update to report, other than to calm the fires on Rhodes or Fletcher, its not any of them.
    No holidays?....what kind of people are you working for?!

On a serious note I know you divulge information when necessary but I would like to add that I would prefer a South American striker to come to our beloved club as the opposition and even our supporters will be intrigued to see how they impacted in Scottish football.
    I am still convinced Cosgrove and McKenna will be away and my guess of £6.5m for a combined total will do our club well during these times. We might even be able to splash out and get that bearded radge who picks the team a right good shave. It’s getting that bad I think it’s affecting his vision.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    English clubs can pay £3m
    The Glasgow clubs can pay £10m or feck off :-)
    I reckon Stoke or the likes will get him

MSM, can I just ask you one thing?
    I won’t ask if you have a name for the striker.
    I won’t ask if you can name the nationality.
    All I’ll ask is do you know the nationality of the alleged striker we’re interested in?
    I'd be amazed if Celtic are interested in Cosgrove - they'll not spend £3-4m on him. I reckon top half of English Championship is where he'll end up for somewhere between £3-4m.

International striker... MSM didn't rule out Christ Martin... Ollie Burke? Matt Phillips? Johnny Russell? Eamon Brophy? Marc McNulty? Those are the only Scotland international strikers who I can think of who maybe have about a year left on their contracts. I got the impression from MSMs original post when he said "an international striker who will do a job for us" that it was someone who was a fairly well known quantity, rather than an obscure foreigner from South America.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I'd be amazed if Celtic are interested in Cosgrove - they'll not spend £3-4m on him. I reckon top half of English Championship is where he'll end up for somewhere between £3-4m.

International striker... MSM didn't rule out Christ Martin... Ollie Burke? Matt Phillips? Johnny Russell? Eamon Brophy? Marc McNulty? Those are the only Scotland international strikers who I can think of who maybe have about a year left on their contracts. I got the impression from MSMs original post when he said "an international striker who will do a job for us" that it was someone who was a fairly well known quantity, rather than an obscure foreigner from South America.
    From that list I’d say Brophy would be most realistic.
    That’s assuming the player in question is Scottish.

We were interested in Brophey previously. I can't see us going back in at the moment

Page 20 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast