Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 368

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2020/21

  1. #321
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,451
    Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    I see a fans group for NAC Breda saying that they would be very lucky if they got £300k for Leigh

    I know money is tight but surely we probably could have got him for about 100 and that would sort our left back issue
    Is he not heading to Rotherham?
    I’m sure I read that somewhere

  2. #322
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    3,680
    Just play Hayes at LB. Considine has been a fantastic servant, but let’s move on. Andy doesn’t do much wrong, but he adds little going forward.

  3. #323
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,611
    Looks like Cormack and the US investors are backing McInnes, for now, by bringing in these two. If he wants anymore new players, then heís going to have to get creative and shed two or three players in order to lighten the wages load. Hedges, Bryson and Logan are 3 that could go now, as far as Iím concerned, reducing the age of the squad in the process.

  4. #324
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Looks like Cormack and the US investors are backing McInnes, for now, by bringing in these two. If he wants anymore new players, then he’s going to have to get creative and shed two or three players in order to lighten the wages load. Hedges, Bryson and Logan are 3 that could go now, as far as I’m concerned, reducing the age of the squad in the process.
    Or sell McKenna and bring in a couple.
    We need something to mix it up as we’re turgid.
    Then again it’s the McInnes way to be functional & not have flair

  5. #325
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,410
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Just play Hayes at LB. Considine has been a fantastic servant, but let’s move on. Andy doesn’t do much wrong, but he adds little going forward.
    He adds nothing going forward. He does get a few goals from set pieces fair enough, but he has no pace, cant pass accurately, canít beat a man, canít cross a ball. He has none of the attributes a modern day FB needs.

    But heís big, DMís number 1 criteria and reason to pick him every week...

  6. #326
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,451
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    He adds nothing going forward. He does get a few goals from set pieces fair enough, but he has no pace, cant pass accurately, can’t beat a man, can’t cross a ball. He has none of the attributes a modern day FB needs.

    But he’s big, DM’s number 1 criteria and reason to pick him every week...
    It’s almost sacrilege to criticise Considine.
    He’s a local lad, a good servant to the club, he’s a Dons fan, he gives his all etc.
    All true of course.
    But it doesn’t mean he should be in the first X1 every week of a team looking to progress & improve.

  7. #327
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,154
    Considine is superior to the majority of players in the history of our club.

    A week off next week but he wont be out of the side for long

  8. #328
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,451
    Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    Considine is superior to the majority of players in the history of our club.

    A week off next week but he wont be out of the side for long
    Nice try

  9. #329
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    It’s almost sacrilege to criticise Considine.
    He’s a local lad, a good servant to the club, he’s a Dons fan, he gives his all etc.
    All true of course.
    But it doesn’t mean he should be in the first X1 every week of a team looking to progress & improve.
    I think he gets his fair share of criticism - probably more than most players. To be fair to him he probably was one of our best players last season (which isnít saying much). I donít think he was the main problem yesterday - Iíd be pointing to the central midfield first of all - but it is a general problem that Mcinnes thinks considine is good enough at LB to be a first pick there again. He temporarily addressed it with Lowe and Leigh but weíre back to square one. I donít think heís signed Hayes to play him at LB but I wonder if thatís where weíll see Hoban (even though he isnít really a LB either)

  10. #330
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    11,007
    Considine wasn't that bad yesterday either. He's a slow lumbering CH playing left back. Stupid challenge but the game was lost by then anyway. Rangers were already sitting in and we were never scoring.

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •