+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 36 of 77 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by mainstandmoan View Post
    Possible but severe pressure on finances. Something would have to change to bring in that international striker or the other alternative, both of which are out of contract next summer.
    Would that change of circumstances be the sale of Cosgrove, or more likely at present, the sale of McKenna?

And would the International Striker out of contract next summer by Eamonn Brophy?

FFS
    This must count as the shortest loan in football history
    Sorry for the lad

I would take Griffiths anyday
    Wages would be an issue dont think we could afford him

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    And would the International Striker out of contract next summer by Eamonn Brophy?
    Who’s been bench warming at Kilmarnock so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    I would take Griffiths anyday
    Wages would be an issue dont think we could afford him
    More chance of us signing Terry Griffiths.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Who’s been bench warming at Kilmarnock so far this season.
    I'm pretty sure Delboy's main target on a permanent signing is Brophy but he needs to shift at least one of the two players who we don't mind selling and are apparently worth a bit of money.

I wonder if the fact that McKenna and Cosgrove are in the bad books at Pittodrie will encourage some cut price bids for them... and if that was the case whether we might just accept them? Would we take £2-3m for McKenna and £2m for Cosgrove to bring £5m into the club, cover the financial deficit from Covid and give us enough to sign someone like Brophy as a replacement up top?

I wonder if we'll also see another loanee coming in before we play again... I don't know how it works with the loans... I assume we won't have to pay the full 6 months worth for Edmonson - we'll just pay for the 20 minutes he actually played. So whatever we were going to be shelling out for him will go on someone else. The problem is now it's that wee bit longer since the English leagues stopped playing, so anyone coming in will take longer to get up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I wonder if the fact that McKenna and Cosgrove are in the bad books at Pittodrie will encourage some cut price bids for them... and if that was the case whether we might just accept them? Would we take £2-3m for McKenna and £2m for Cosgrove to bring £5m into the club, cover the financial deficit from Covid and give us enough to sign someone like Brophy as a replacement up top?

I wonder if we'll also see another loanee coming in before we play again... I don't know how it works with the loans... I assume we won't have to pay the full 6 months worth for Edmonson - we'll just pay for the 20 minutes he actually played. So whatever we were going to be shelling out for him will go on someone else. The problem is now it's that wee bit longer since the English leagues stopped playing, so anyone coming in will take longer to get up to speed.
    With the type of deal he is on, AFC are liable for Edmondson's wages whether he plays or not, all part of the contract that was agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by mainstandmoan View Post
    With the type of deal he is on, AFC are liable for Edmondson's wages whether he plays or not, all part of the contract that was agreed.
    Well that’s a bummer.

I wonder how much we’ve shelled out on wages for Injured players over recent years...

Page 36 of 77 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast