+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    It’s Leigh Griffiths
    It’s his older brother Terry.
    If he plays football like he plays snooker, it’ll fit right in with McInnes.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    I reckon there's still time for McGeouch to turn his time around at Aberdeen. For me, it's 3 from Ferguson, McCrorie, McGreouch and Campbell. If we get them all up to form, then I think we could start to motor a bit, if Ferguson is played furthest forward of a 3 man midfield. I think he's got the nous to play there.
    For me it’s 2 out of Ferguson, Campbell, mccrorie, Ojo, mcgeouch, Bryson. My inclination is Ferguson and mccrorie might be best. The more advanced midfielder should not be any of that lot - it desperately needs to be someone with pace and creativity. Given what we’ve got presently for me the best option there is Wright. Last night he showed in glimpses how he can take the ball in, turn, go past someone and open things up for his teammates. I really hope we persevere with him there for a few games, but I’m 99% certain we won’t. We will end up with either Ferguson or Bryson in the more advanced role and it will contribute to painful to watch football for a while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    It’s his older brother Terry.
    If he plays football like he plays snooker, it’ll fit right in with McInnes.
    They both sink their balls with ease!

Looks like the short term striker is actually Marley Watkins after all... interestingly listed as a midfielder or winger on google... 350 career games, and less than 50 goals. Only qualification he has for playing up front is that he is 6ft1. If you’re going to sign a striker, sign a striker, not yet ANOTHER midfielder!

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Looks like the short term striker is actually Marley Watkins after all... interestingly listed as a midfielder or winger on google... 350 career games, and less than 50 goals. Only qualification he has for playing up front is that he is 6ft1. If you’re going to sign a striker, sign a striker, not yet ANOTHER midfielder!
    2 folk that work with me today are Bristol City fans and both text today laughing saying how sh!te he is so not looking good.

Marley Watkins has scored 41 goals in 303 games, Darren Mackie had 58 in 312.

The fact he's not even a striker and being signed as a striker is just bizarre

Challenger brand indeed

You want a striker to replace Cosgrove, Main & Edmondson.
    What do you do?
    Sign someone who’s scored THREE league goals in THREE seasons.
    WTF is that all about?
    All I can say is we better be keeping a lot of clean sheets

Marley Watkins would be some signing but I’ll believe it when I see him with the scarf over his head in the RDS. I haven’t felt a buzz like this since we got Charlie Nicholas. Can you imagine it? Marley Watkins in an Aberdeen strip?
    I often criticise McInnes but fair play to him if he pulls this off.

No idea who Marley Watkins is but he sounds like he probably didn't get through the first round on x factor 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Marley Watkins would be some signing but I’ll believe it when I see him with the scarf over his head in the RDS. I haven’t felt a buzz like this since we got Charlie Nicholas. Can you imagine it? Marley Watkins in an Aberdeen strip?
    I often criticise McInnes but fair play to him if he pulls this off.
    Bravo. Made me smile on a dreich Saturday morning.

Page 54 of 77 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast