+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 60 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Errrm ... yer half correct ....

As Ah've observed, when a young/new player gets a run, they usually get a fair bit o' support on here ... and get the benefit o' the doubt if they are nae the finished article .... initially ...

However, if they dinna become 'world class' efter 6 games, they are 'shyte', 'wage thieves', 'Billy big bas', 'nivver a plaaaer', 'Ayr United level', ... or .... alternatively ...

Like Brooooooce, or Scottiiiieeeee .... as long as they dinna get 5 or 6 starts in a row, they get longer tae stay in the reckonin athoot folks gettin on their case bg-style and bein' adjudged as 'shiiiiiite' .... and potentially mair than half a dizzen games tae at least think they might develop as 'world class'.

Dinna get ma wrang .... As much as onybody else, Ah would love tae see mair home grown/developed guys get a break .... but there's some on here fa maybe represent exactly fit are bein 'protected' fae.
    I dunno. How do you define youth? Wright is 23 now, older than Ferguson or McCrorie. He's had 56 league games. But I don't think he's fulfilled his early promise. That might be his fault, it might be partly injuries, it might be because of how McInnes utilises him. But I don't think it's unfair to question whether he's got what it takes. In his case, I don't think it helps him that he doesn't always appear to give 90 minutes of effort.

Anderson clearly not in that bracket as he's really not been given a chance to shine.

Nice to see Wright have a better game today, obviously. Shame he was hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    I dunno. How do you define youth? Wright is 23 now, older than Ferguson or McCrorie. He's had 56 league games. But I don't think he's fulfilled his early promise. That might be his fault, it might be partly injuries, it might be because of how McInnes utilises him. But I don't think it's unfair to question whether he's got what it takes. In his case, I don't think it helps him that he doesn't always appear to give 90 minutes of effort.

Anderson clearly not in that bracket as he's really not been given a chance to shine.
    Wright scored a hat-trick when 19 in his second start then for next 3 years mainly come on as sub so yes he was wasted by Derek not using him correctly. Anderson will go the exact same way as he won’t get a run. Derek was in the papers he’s the best natural finisher at the club yet signs wattkins and puts Main on before him.

Scott Wright has been a pleasant surprise.

The squad is looking great once we get these upcoming suspensions out of the way.

Clearly Main is back which gives us another option

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    The squad is looking great once we get these upcoming suspensions out of the way.
    Our squad is massive this year. Proper serious competition for every place. There must be some going out the door soon.

I'd expect nearer the deadline we could spare a few possibly even as much as 5.

Squad is currently 28 as follows
    Lewis Cerny
    Logan Hernandez Taylor Devlin McKenna Hoban Considine
    Hayes McCrorie Ojo McGeouch Campbell Ferguson Bryson Virtanen
    Hedges, Wright, McGinn, Kennedy, McLennan, Ross
    Cosgrove, Main, Edmondson, Anderson, Watkins

Goalkeeper. All good.

Defence. McKenna could be sold and Devlin loaned out. Replaced by a young loanee from England. -1

Central Midfield. One of the senior midfielders can probably move on but its anyones guess and its a long time until deadline day. Virtanen probably goes out on loan but i'd prefer it to be Campbell (I dont think it would be a big deal to let him go somewhere to play oct-dec. It wont happen). -2

Wide midfield. Certainly space to move 1, possibly even 2, out on loan. -1

Forward. Dependent on Cosgrove and Edmondson status at end of September then one of Main or Anderson can be loaned out. If Cosgrove is sold then replacement signed. -1

I still think we'll be looking to sell McKenna and Cosgrove near the end of the window
    Last edited by D31; 23-08-2020 at 09:18 PM.

Nice to see Wright have a better game today, obviously. Shame he was hooked.
    Protecting for Thursday / Sunday maybe

Lewis Cerny

Goalkeeper. All good.

Defence. McKenna could be sold and Devlin loaned out. Replaced by a young loanee from England. -1

Central Midfield. One of the senior midfielders can probably move on but its anyones guess and its a long time until deadline day. Virtanen probably goes out on loan but i'd prefer it to be Campbell (I dont think it would be a big deal to let him go somewhere to play oct-dec. It wont happen). -2

Forward. Dependent on Cosgrove and Edmondson status at end of September then one of Main or Anderson can be loaned out. If Cosgrove is sold then replacement signed. -1

I still think we'll be looking to sell McKenna and Cosgrove near the end of the window
    Would be happy to see McKenna go.......less hoofball.
    Curtis Main also

Lewis Cerny

Goalkeeper. All good.

Quite possibly, but you have to factor in 8 of them will be unavailable for anything up to 8 games once they return from the latest sh1tey international break (ok hopefully unlikely to be 8).
    You’re right though, once the bans are served, we could look to loan out a few & sell a couple.
    I wouldn’t expect any movement until we know the length of their bans though.

Neeps is nae spring chicken, he canna tell ages nowadays.

This is how it used to be.

Under 16 - youth player

16 - 18 - young player ( used to be reserves with the occasional run out in the 1st team unless he was outstanding)

18 - 28 - regular team player

28 - 30 - veteran

30+ - crocked

Page 60 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast