+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 69 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2020/21

With the lack of confirmation of the McKenna's transfer, does this mean others have definitely joined in the bidding or is there a problem with the medical? Any word from MSM

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    With the lack of confirmation of the McKenna's transfer, does this mean others have definitely joined in the bidding or is there a problem with the medical? Any word from MSM
    I think msm has packed it in as some were being weird for some reason. Celtic were definitely interested but I don’t think they can outbid Nottingham Forest for some reason. I would imagine the deal will go through very shortly as I am sure he will pass a medical no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    I think MSM has given up on us after the abuse he / she got last time they posted some updates.

I imagine there's maybe just some fine tuning being done regarding the deal - agreeing extra clauses etc and it's taking a bit of time. It seems like it was pretty much done, so I'd imagine it's a bit late in the day for other bids to come in. Who knows though.

I wonder if the £3m is sufficient to allow us to reject bids for other players for now - ie Cosgrove and Ferguson. I also wonder whether we'll learn a lesson from the McKenna sale - £3m now rather than the £6-7m we were reportedly offered a couple years ago - are we likely to sell Cosgrove if we get a £2-3m bid because the board are worried his value may similarly drop...

I'd have been all for selling Cosgrove and getting some decent money for him as I think we're playing a lot better without him. The only counter to that argument is that our strikers aren't scoring - Watkins doesn't really look like scoring (although he's gone close a couple of times) and Edmondson looks like a fairly similar type. If reintroducing Cosgrove leads to a return to hoofball though I'm not sure i can cope with that even if he does score a few.

So does anyone know how much we got/are getting now he's away?

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    So does anyone know how much we got/are getting now he's away?
    I imagine less than we expected. We are particularly shyte at getting big transfer fees

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I think MSM has given up on us after the abuse he / she got last time they posted some updates.

I imagine there's maybe just some fine tuning being done regarding the deal - agreeing extra clauses etc and it's taking a bit of time. It seems like it was pretty much done, so I'd imagine it's a bit late in the day for other bids to come in. Who knows though.

I wonder if the £3m is sufficient to allow us to reject bids for other players for now - ie Cosgrove and Ferguson. I also wonder whether we'll learn a lesson from the McKenna sale - £3m now rather than the £6-7m we were reportedly offered a couple years ago - are we likely to sell Cosgrove if we get a £2-3m bid because the board are worried his value may similarly drop...

I'd have been all for selling Cosgrove and getting some decent money for him as I think we're playing a lot better without him. The only counter to that argument is that our strikers aren't scoring - Watkins doesn't really look like scoring (although he's gone close a couple of times) and Edmondson looks like a fairly similar type. If reintroducing Cosgrove leads to a return to hoofball though I'm not sure i can cope with that even if he does score a few.
    The £6m-£7m the club get slagged off for refusing is a bit of a red herring.
    Aston Villa suggested loaning him first.
    A try before you buy, with no obligation.
    And this on the transfer deadline day.
    They were correctly told to f*ck off.

Reports of £3m potentially becoming £6m. I thought he was going to get better with Hoban which he was badly needing but he's wanted away for a while. Good luck to him all the same.

Probably best outcome for all parties , he wanted away and we wanted a cash injection.
    Hopefully he helps them get promoted and we get the add ons that goes with that and a decent fee if / when he moves on from there .
    Anyway , all the best to him . Plenty other players have left for Sod all in recent years so he’s left in the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The £6m-£7m the club get slagged off for refusing is a bit of a red herring.
    Aston Villa suggested loaning him first.
    A try before you buy, with no obligation.
    And this on the transfer deadline day.
    They were correctly told to f*ck off.
    I agree the timing of the move on transfer deadline day meant knocking it back was the right decision. However he seemed to be subject to other bids bigger than what we've ended up getting (obviously the way deals are structured these days it's not as straightforward as the headline figure, i know). I just wonder if we'll choose to cash in on Cosgrove if we get another £2m bid - for me there's a high risk his value will drop as I still don't think he's a great footballer. Someone like Ferguson on the other hand, I'd guess his value will continue to increase until he gets towards the end of his contract, so wiser to reject any interest.

His head was turned with the possible Aston Villia move.
    So basically he didn't want to be here
    We move on, he moves on
    Lets hope he does well and moves on and triggers a bigger fee for us
    England is a big step for him interesting to see he cuts it down there
    Hardly a great player but I wish him all the best

Page 69 of 77 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast