+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I don’t think we should ever turn down the chance to sign the best young Scottish talent especially if it’s just for training compensation. Without going over the top I think that Ferguson/McCrorie could be the best “box to box” central midfield partnership since Simmie/Cooper. If they both keep playing like they have done then it’s highly likely one or both will be sold to englandshire in the next couple of years so it would be nice if we have the ready made replacement already signed rather than scrambling about and signing an Ojo type replacement.

In the meantime if we end up with all 3 for a season or so I’m sure we will figure out how to make that work and keep them all happy after allowing for suspensions/injuries for who are 3 battling midfielders when hopefully we are playing 50+ games (plus international games) and also allowing for the occasional shuffling of McCrorie into defence to cope with injuries and suspensions there as well.
    to use a well worn phrase on here - “can he play left back” - I’ll get ma coat.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I think McCrorie and Ferguson in midfield is the way forward and we’ve already got adequate cover in those positions.

If Ferguson leaves Campbell would be an ideal replacement but if him coming in means we revert to that formation from last season where Ferguson is playing at no10 then no no no no for me! If it means McCrorie is shunted back to defence or wing back it’s also a big no for me.

Add in to the mix that I expect Shinnie to reappear at some point in the next season or two if he isn’t getting game time at Derby.
    Understand your reservations over moving McCrorie back as he’s done very well in the middle.

That said though, in my opinion he is absolutely ideal to play CH in a 3 - just like Hoban is.

He’s big, strong, quick & good in the air like all good CH’s but he’s also good with the ball at his feet & his distribution is excellent for playing out from the back - just like Hoban - which is what you need in a back 3. Taylor absolutely is not.

Those 2 plus Considine are a decent back 3 unit along with 2 good wing backs like Hayes & Kennedy. I’d rather upgrade Considine too but I can live with him in a 3 with the other 2.

Campbell is an excellent midfielder, bags of ability, great positional sense, he’s box to box and has the right mentality, attitude & desire. He’s easy as good as McCrorie in there and would work well in a 2 with Ferguson. I wouldn’t have Ferguson in a “10” role - leave that to Wright / Hedges / McGinn types.

We couldn’t utilise the 3 of them in centre midfield & none are wingbacks so allowing McCrorie to function in a strong ball playing back 3, with Campbell in the middle in the Shinnie type role alongside Ferguson would be a great option for us.We’d be getting the best from the 3 of them in a formation like that.

I’d love the opportunity to see that in action next season. Keep everyone we’ve got ( though I’d be happy if we could shift the likes of Ojo on if possible to make room in the squad) & maybe add a CH upgrade to play in the 3 - & if I’m greedy another striker - then I think that would be as strong a squad as we’ve had in years...
    Last edited by The_Moog; 01-10-2020 at 03:46 PM.

The daily retard now reporting Leigh going to sign

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...mpression=true

Decent move business wise since we agreed an option fee to buy him after the loan
    Last edited by AiberdonianAce; 04-10-2020 at 09:35 PM.

Good news. Short-term deal, though?

Recon this will be covid dependant

If fans get back before the end of the season, watch the new deals be offered
    If not, a serious cutting of the cloth next summer

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    Recon this will be covid dependant

If fans get back before the end of the season, watch the new deals be offered
    If not, a serious cutting of the cloth next summer
    Of the players going out of contract in the summer I’d only be offering about 2 of them deals anyway.
    Good chance to significantly reduce the wage bill.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Understand your reservations over moving McCrorie back as he’s done very well in the middle.

That said though, in my opinion he is absolutely ideal to play CH in a 3 - just like Hoban is.

He’s big, strong, quick & good in the air like all good CH’s but he’s also good with the ball at his feet & his distribution is excellent for playing out from the back - just like Hoban - which is what you need in a back 3. Taylor absolutely is not.

Those 2 plus Considine are a decent back 3 unit along with 2 good wing backs like Hayes & Kennedy. I’d rather upgrade Considine too but I can live with him in a 3 with the other 2.

Campbell is an excellent midfielder, bags of ability, great positional sense, he’s box to box and has the right mentality, attitude & desire. He’s easy as good as McCrorie in there and would work well in a 2 with Ferguson. I wouldn’t have Ferguson in a “10” role - leave that to Wright / Hedges / McGinn types.

We couldn’t utilise the 3 of them in centre midfield & none are wingbacks so allowing McCrorie to function in a strong ball playing back 3, with Campbell in the middle in the Shinnie type role alongside Ferguson would be a great option for us.We’d be getting the best from the 3 of them in a formation like that.

I’d love the opportunity to see that in action next season. Keep everyone we’ve got ( though I’d be happy if we could shift the likes of Ojo on if possible to make room in the squad) & maybe add a CH upgrade to play in the 3 - & if I’m greedy another striker - then I think that would be as strong a squad as we’ve had in years...
    I am not sure if CB is really where we get the best of RMc though. Good coming forward but can he defend?

I doubt McCrorie came here to play CH or RB on a permanent basis. He's better off in midfield for both himself and us.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Of the players going out of contract in the summer I’d only be offering about 2 of them deals anyway.
    Good chance to significantly reduce the wage bill.
    Which players are out of contract next summer?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Campbell is an excellent midfielder, bags of ability, great positional sense, he’s box to box and has the right mentality, attitude & desire.
    I'm not sure we've seen too much of this ability yet. He seemed to have a good mentality in the cup tie we won at Snake Mountain a couple of years back but I can't think of another game that he's played in a similarly impressive manner?

His attitude was poor in the match he was sent off in early in the year against, I think, Ross County; therefore, he still has much to prove on that front.

And I think he's running out of time to show Delboy that he can follow in the footsteps of the likes of Fergie and McCrorie in being a young player that takes responsibility.

Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast