+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    It's from the Sun so make of it what you will but Club accept £2.7 Million bid for Cosgrove from Guingamp but Sam turns down the move.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...jects-guingamp
    I heard Cosgrove prefers the Aberdeen beach. There is hee-haw to look forward to going to some French league 2 team.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Given that he's young, still improving, has scored a heap of goals in the last 18months, I suppose you would expect at least a couple million for him. I still don't rate him though and part of me is still amazed that we could get that kind of money for him. I would guess we'll accept anything over £2m and I reckon we'd be wise to do that - his value could easily plummet if he has a poor opening few months to the new season, which is highly possible.

What are the other options up top at the moment...
    Curtis Main - works hard but probably isn't going to score the amount of goals we need
    Bruce Anderson - great finisher, but not really a McInnes type striker, unless we go 2 up top in some games
    Connor McLennan - I'd actually quite like to see him play through the middle, he's got the physical attributes, and he's a good finisher, but I'm not sure he has the game intelligence.

The likes of McGinn, Wright and Hedges can play just behind the striker, but I don't think any of them could play right up top where Cosgrove plays.

Haven't seen anything of the lad at Dunfermline that seems to be attracting a lot of interest from Dundee Utd, Hibs - maybe he's someone we should've been looking at.
    We were interested in Ross Stewart at Ross County.

We would be just as well as going with Curtis Main

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    We were interested in Ross Stewart at Ross County.
    He is absolute dog ****. Nisbet would be better. On Cosgrove, if we accepted €3m, then people know that’s our target price (and might bid less).

If someone told me at the start of the 18/19 season Cosgrove would become our transfer record in two years, I would have pi$$ed myself.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    He is absolute dog ****. Nisbet would be better. On Cosgrove, if we accepted €3m, then people know that’s our target price (and might bid less).

If someone told me at the start of the 18/19 season Cosgrove would become our transfer record in two years, I would have pi$$ed myself.
    I don’t disagree about Stewart, wouldn’t want him,
    I know nothing about Nisbet other than he was pish at Partick.
    I take it Dykes is too expensive.

My money would be on Cosgrove going for £2.5m-£2.7m and £250k on Stewart with the rest being banked.
    Something similar for McKenna maybe.

As much as Cosgrove has done well in regards to goal scoring I still think he is a big part in the fact we have been so bad to watch the last few seasons.

For a big guy he is terrible in the air and can’t hold the ball up to save his life.

Dropping him for Main actually made us play slightly better so considering Main isn’t that great I would imagine that we could buy a striker for a lot less than £2 million to replace Cosgrove.

It will be another big lump from the lower leagues of guffland where McInnes thinks he can find amazing unearthed gems.

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    It will be another big lump from the lower leagues of guffland where McInnes thinks he can find amazing unearthed gems.
    TBF, he didn’t do too bad there with Sam, or Christian Doidge now scoring for fun at Hibs who we tried to get beforehand. (Let’s just forget Maynard).

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    As much as Cosgrove has done well in regards to goal scoring I still think he is a big part in the fact we have been so bad to watch the last few seasons.

For a big guy he is terrible in the air and can’t hold the ball up to save his life.

Dropping him for Main actually made us play slightly better so considering Main isn’t that great I would imagine that we could buy a striker for a lot less than £2 million to replace Cosgrove.
    Yup, that sums up my feelings. Main seems to hold the ball up better and links up better, but overall is probably less of a goal threat than Cosgrove. If we get more than £2m for Cosgrove though I think that's good business - surely we could source someone for £500K who can contribute goals and add a bit more to the team. I'm not sure about the boy Stewart at Ross County, never been particularly impressed by him. Never seen the lad Nisbet play and can't really think of any other obvious candidates within our own league. What's thon Louie Moult up to these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    What's thon Louie Moult up to these days?
    Did his cruciate ligament in back in August having played in one and a half games and scored 1 for Preston

https://www.lancs.live/sport/footbal...louis-16795319

Page 9 of 77 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast