+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 77 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    As much as Cosgrove has done well in regards to goal scoring I still think he is a big part in the fact we have been so bad to watch the last few seasons.

For a big guy he is terrible in the air and can’t hold the ball up to save his life.

Dropping him for Main actually made us play slightly better so considering Main isn’t that great I would imagine that we could buy a striker for a lot less than £2 million to replace Cosgrove.
    Shankland?

Nice to see a bit of loyalty with Sam turning down a move right now
    Seems happy enough with life at the club and the city
    I think he has come on leaps and bounds.
    Agreed he is not great every game but there's something about him far better than Curtis Main
    Main was posted missing for 9 months last year
    If Sam scores as many goals next season far bigger clubs will be in for him and for more than what's been offered right now
    Although I would agree in these strange times it was a very good offer cash wise

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Nice to see a bit of loyalty with Sam turning down a move right now
    Seems happy enough with life at the club and the city
    I think he has come on leaps and bounds.
    Agreed he is not great every game but there's something about him far better than Curtis Main
    Main was posted missing for 9 months last year
    If Sam scores as many goals next season far bigger clubs will be in for him and for more than what's been offered right now
    Although I would agree in these strange times it was a very good offer cash wise
    I wouldn’t be so sure about the loyalty part.
    If an English Championship club have a bid accepted he’ll be offski

I agree. You can’t help but suspect a team in French league 2, that he’s probably never heard of, wasn’t exactly the move he was hoping for. Can’t help but wonder how they could afford that much cash. French league 2 must be richer than I would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by KIWIRED View Post
    Correct and if he plays like he did since December we will be lucky to get 25k for him

I can see him leaving for hee-haw if he keeps rejecting other clubs bids.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I can see him leaving for hee-haw if he keeps rejecting other clubs bids.
    He won’t reject an English club.
    It was a League 2 French team.
    I’m not surprised he turned it down, his agent will be hawking him round England & he’ll be waiting for an opportunity.
    Everyone knows our price, & he knows we’ll let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    He won’t reject an English club.
    It was a League 2 French team.
    I’m not surprised he turned it down, his agent will be hawking him round England & he’ll be waiting for an opportunity.
    Everyone knows our price, & he knows we’ll let him go.
    Agreed. Middlesbrough, Stoke, Barnsley will be the destiny of Sam. Probably get double his wage here and we bank £2.5m. Good deal all round.

The issue is who is our next goal scorer? Sam has scored an incredible amount of goals in the past two seasons, that is not luck, he has improved so much. But for every Cosgrove, we get a Maynard or a Zola.

Main, Anderson or Ruth don’t quite do it for me yet, Nisbet is off to the spoon burners. I have no solution for a replacement, but we need to hope that McInnes does, and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Agreed. Middlesbrough, Stoke, Barnsley will be the destiny of Sam. Probably get double his wage here and we bank £2.5m. Good deal all round.

The issue is who is our next goal scorer? Sam has scored an incredible amount of goals in the past two seasons, that is not luck, he has improved so much. But for every Cosgrove, we get a Maynard or a Zola.

Main, Anderson or Ruth don’t quite do it for me yet, Nisbet is off to the spoon burners. I have no solution for a replacement, but we need to hope that McInnes does, and it works.
    Shankland?

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Shankland?
    The DABS will want too much ££££’s, especially for someone who’s never scored a Premiership goal.
    It’ll be someone cheaper, or some English based striker we’ve not heard of from Richardson’s wee black book I’d think.

Page 10 of 77 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast