+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    I read somewhere tonight that Hayes has deferred all his wages until the end of next season to help us out. However well off you are, that is one damn good gesture.
    Brilliant gesture from Hayes. Footballers get stick for being greedy but Jonny Hayes went out his way to make sure he could get a return to our club.

Is McKenna definitely away in this transfer window. If memory serves me correctly McInnes was saying (talking about forward options) we go as we are unless something turns up regarding someone purchasing one of our players. This got me thinking, is it Cosgrove that is drawing the main interest from down south. Why would you sell McKenna who is a first team regular central defender and replace him with a forward player....it’s not McInnes at all?! Don’t be surprised if Cosgrove is sold before McKenna. You heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Is McKenna definitely away in this transfer window. If memory serves me correctly McInnes was saying (talking about forward options) we go as we are unless something turns up regarding someone purchasing one of our players. This got me thinking, is it Cosgrove that is drawing the main interest from down south. Why would you sell McKenna who is a first team regular central defender and replace him with a forward player....it’s not McInnes at all?! Don’t be surprised if Cosgrove is sold before McKenna. You heard it here first.
    I would've thought Hayes is a replacement for Leigh and Gallagher. Looks like the transfer window might get extended into October so I can't see there being much activity in terms of mid-size transfer fees until the end of summer at the earliest when everyone's got a better idea of how things are going to be going into the new season. The big £100m transfers will likely still happen, and out of contract players will probably still move around - but English Championship level teams who spend a few million on players will probably hold off.

Although McKenna wasn't great last season I'd say he would still be more wanted than Cosgrove who went through a purple patch and who's goal tally is boosted by his penalties. Ferguson will turn out to be a better and more valuable player than both, but I think we'll do more to hold on to him just now. I'd be more confident of his value continuing to rise than McKenna and Cosgrove's - we might be wise to cash in on them.

We sold anybody yet during this transfer window?

Didn’t think so

Tomas Cerny signs up for another season.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Tomas Cerny signs up for another season.
    He is a great photographer.

Shaughnessy to St. Mirren?

It's from the Sun so make of it what you will but Club accept £2.7 Million bid for Cosgrove from Guingamp but Sam turns down the move.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...jects-guingamp

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    It's from the Sun so make of it what you will but Club accept £2.7 Million bid for Cosgrove from Guingamp but Sam turns down the move.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...jects-guingamp
    Seems reasonable price in the current climate.
    That’s the bar set for English clubs now.
    How much would McInnes get to get a replacement as we’d definitely need one.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Seems reasonable price in the current climate.
    That’s the bar set for English clubs now.
    How much would McInnes get to get a replacement as we’d definitely need one.
    Given that he's young, still improving, has scored a heap of goals in the last 18months, I suppose you would expect at least a couple million for him. I still don't rate him though and part of me is still amazed that we could get that kind of money for him. I would guess we'll accept anything over £2m and I reckon we'd be wise to do that - his value could easily plummet if he has a poor opening few months to the new season, which is highly possible.

What are the other options up top at the moment...
    Curtis Main - works hard but probably isn't going to score the amount of goals we need
    Bruce Anderson - great finisher, but not really a McInnes type striker, unless we go 2 up top in some games
    Connor McLennan - I'd actually quite like to see him play through the middle, he's got the physical attributes, and he's a good finisher, but I'm not sure he has the game intelligence.

The likes of McGinn, Wright and Hedges can play just behind the striker, but I don't think any of them could play right up top where Cosgrove plays.

Haven't seen anything of the lad at Dunfermline that seems to be attracting a lot of interest from Dundee Utd, Hibs - maybe he's someone we should've been looking at.

Page 8 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast