+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by vinnydesalvo View Post
    Would be delighted with that three. To rub further salt into Hibee rift, offer them Ojo and McGeouch for Porteous.
    Settle min.
    Porteous is not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    Its very hard to see why we would run with those three players in the same squad. All will demand a starting spot which means Ferguson playing 10 or McCrorie playing right back or centre back.
    Its also hard to consider that with injuries and suspensions that Ferguson and McCrorie would be available to play every game.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Settle min.
    Porteous is not good enough
    Seems to like playing against Sevco and Freddie, something to build on.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnydesalvo View Post
    pay them to take ojo and mcgeouch.
    fify

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    fify
    Would be great to sign Campbell ... jist the kinda player we need ... but as said earlier ... replacin' guys already daein what we need .... depth o' squad? ... for sure ... but ...

Tae quote an auld band, The Seekers, which as a proud punk Ah'm nae allowed tae love as much as Ah dae... but as a true punk Ah say, **** off and dinna tell me fit Ah'm allowed tae like ....

"The other man's grass is always greener,
    The sun shines brighter on the other side'

and ....

"Oh when will the good apples fall,
    on my side of the fence'

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Would be great to sign Campbell ... jist the kinda player we need ... but as said earlier ... replacin' guys already daein what we need .... depth o' squad? ... for sure ... but ...

Tae quote an auld band, The Seekers, which as a proud punk Ah'm nae allowed tae love as much as Ah dae... but as a true punk Ah say, **** off and dinna tell me fit Ah'm allowed tae like ....

"The other man's grass is always greener,
    The sun shines brighter on the other side'

and ....

"Oh when will the good apples fall,
    on my side of the fence'

Could this be contingency planning for Ferguson's departure? And/or McInnes might play McROrie in the back 3 and drop Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Could this be contingency planning for Ferguson's departure? And/or McInnes might play McROrie in the back 3 and drop Taylor.
    Taylor is out of contract in the summer. Either through his choice or ours that should be it as he’s just not good enough to get us to the mythical next level.

I don’t want McCrorie playing at the back just now - even though he is a more than decent CH - he offers us far more in this squad in the middle.

That said though, if we did sign Campbell I would be happy to see him slot into midfield allowing McCrorie to step back to CH & Taylor to toddle off to Accrington Stanley or whatever.

Campbell would be an excellent midfield option, easily up there with McCrorie, and would fill a similar Shinnie type role which would complement the other players in this system very well.

Get it done AFC.

I think McCrorie and Ferguson in midfield is the way forward and we’ve already got adequate cover in those positions.

If Ferguson leaves Campbell would be an ideal replacement but if him coming in means we revert to that formation from last season where Ferguson is playing at no10 then no no no no for me! If it means McCrorie is shunted back to defence or wing back it’s also a big no for me.

Add in to the mix that I expect Shinnie to reappear at some point in the next season or two if he isn’t getting game time at Derby.

I don’t think we should ever turn down the chance to sign the best young Scottish talent especially if it’s just for training compensation. Without going over the top I think that Ferguson/McCrorie could be the best “box to box” central midfield partnership since Simmie/Cooper. If they both keep playing like they have done then it’s highly likely one or both will be sold to englandshire in the next couple of years so it would be nice if we have the ready made replacement already signed rather than scrambling about and signing an Ojo type replacement.

In the meantime if we end up with all 3 for a season or so I’m sure we will figure out how to make that work and keep them all happy after allowing for suspensions/injuries for who are 3 battling midfielders when hopefully we are playing 50+ games (plus international games) and also allowing for the occasional shuffling of McCrorie into defence to cope with injuries and suspensions there as well.

Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast