+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I think we are skint and will sell players
    McInnes hinted at it in a radio interview on Saturday.
    I think a sale is inevitable.

Nobody’s buying.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Nobody’s buying.
    Hypothetically, if we valued Ferguson at say £2.5m, then someone might pay £1.5m and have add ons payable in 12 months & beyond to take it to £2.5m
    Clubs will still buy, it’ll just be cheaper to do so.
    Clubs in England’s top two divisions aren’t reliant on gate receipts, as long as TV money still comes in.
    My guess is we’ll try & sell someone this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Guffball teams will still have money. English fitba skint isnt the same as Scottish skint. I can see McKenna or Cosgrove going for 3ish million into the Championship
    I think the jury is out big time on those two so nobody will be banging down our door.

Cosgrove post Xmas was poor. He’ll need to find the scoring boots again to earn a good move at Xmas this year.

Mckenna hasn’t really progressed this last 18-24 months. Another who needs a strong solid start to the season but I think we may have missed the boat there.

Our most sellable asset for decent cash just now is Ferguson. Championship teams may well be interested as they’ll have seen how well McLean and McGinn have done since going south.

Agree though, a decent offer from down south just now and any of them would be gone...

Its certainly strange times especially with regards to how the summer window may pan out.
    It will be all relative.
    In that regards, Aberdeen remain quite strong in terms of stability, having retained the bulk of our first team squad, especially comparable to most of the other SPFL teams.

I don't think we'll be making much changes and it will probably depend on who goes, even then it will be considered whether we have cover already.
    Ferguson for example, I'm not sure if we would replace. As much as the value he brings, having the number of CM's we have may mean we can live without a replacement, certainly at least until December. At best a cheeky wee bid for an up and coming youngster.
    Allan Campbell as an example has had a very good season and tipped to win the young Player of the Year ahead of Ferguson. his contract runs out next year. Would we try and get him to replace Ferguson if he were to go?

I recon if we were to sell Cosgrove it should be now, I think his wee purple patch is over and I'd argue we played a better style when he was out the team.
    McKenna, u think we will be stuck with him as the gap from what we want and what the guffies will pay u think has grown too large, the only way I can see him leave on big money now is if Scotland make the Euros and he has a good tournament.

“McLean doing well” ?

Second division p’ish for him next season.

If it hadn’t been for the virus he’d be relegated already.

Ah'm thinkin we might be mair likely tae sell proven players ... average 'dae the job' types .... whilst there are clubs in England and elsewhere wi' mair money than we hiv, Ah think there will still be an aversion tae risk takin' .... If I was lookin at AFC for a player wi that 'does what it says on the tin' thing ..... and seekin oot a bargain ... coupled wi the opportunity tae play games ... Ah would be askin 'how much?' for Joe, Consi, McKenna and possibly Campbell.

Abody else would be either too expensive or too risky.

More stories about Jonny Hayes heading back to us, don't know what to make of it...

I remember him as fondly as everyone else but time has passed and he has had a horror injury in that period.

Quote Originally Posted by sallan2000 View Post
    More stories about Jonny Hayes heading back to us, don't know what to make of it...

I remember him as fondly as everyone else but time has passed and he has had a horror injury in that period.
    Agreed. Kennedy was coming onto a good game before we all went into lockdown, it would be strange to oust him from left wing. With Leigh not being retained,I could see Hayes playing at LB. In the interest of looking forward rather than back, I would of preferred Leigh over Hayes.

Hayes was superb for us before, I hope he makes me eat my words.

Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast